Team Yu needs you!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Nice attitude Ryudo.

Where did I say that's me? I was just stating many reasons why many have not contributed..

I just personally never use twitter.

Well this topic says otherwise :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=45065&hilit=Twitter&start=30
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Axm » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:01 pm

I've just started using Twitter abit so shall tweet on the 3rd as planned.

Axm has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Ryudo wrote: I have had an account since 2008. I have a second account for my site but since that site is a bust I never use that either :P

Ryudo wrote:

Where did I say that's me? I was just stating many reasons why many have not contributed..

Who Really Cares? wrote:
Ryudo wrote:

Well this topic says otherwise :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=45065&hilit=Twitter&start=30

I also said I had an account since 2008 I just don't use it anymore as it was indeed pointless.

Also you took the other part out of context. As I said some people don't care about this thing. Some don't think these campaigns do anything and you just want to focus on the twitter part plus took you a shit long time to get that response out. Bravo.

TThat's why you may have not gotten a response from Yama or Ziming. They may think this will go no where
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Ryudo wrote:TThat's why you may have not gotten a response from Yama or Ziming. They may think this will go no where

They may indeed, however that would be no reason to flat-out ignore repeated requests for comment. That would be rude and arrogant, which I'd hope they are not, but you know them better than I do.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:12 pm

I posted that when i saw it Ryudo. We don't all go reading every post as soon as its made. [Even in topics we have no interest in ;-) ]

But i should have quoted this post when posting the link

Ryudo wrote: Many of us never use twitter. Some just don't care. Some think it's pointless.

Clearly you was thinking of yourself when posting that despite what you then said.

Anyways i follow this and the facebook page. No harm in signing up as its costs nothing but sadly i think anything Shenmue related is a losing battle simply because of the Sega of today.
Its a shame because its clear they don't want the IP so they could do the right thing and hand the rights over to Yu and allow him to try and find a publisher to allow him to finish his story.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:14 pm

No. I was not. I was thinking of Ziming and others around here who are cynical. Why so few have responded to the topic. I know what I was thinking, no one else does. So don't tell me
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:30 pm

us

That includes you.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Ryudo wrote: No. I was not. I was thinking of Ziming and others around here who are cynical. Why so few have responded to the topic. I know what I was thinking, no one else does. So don't tell me

So they're too cynical to even spend 5 minutes explaining their reasoning to us? They were not too cynical to throw their support behind the Sega All Stars vote thingy (even when S0l from Sumo explicitly stated that nothing was even promised). A few months ago Ziming even randomly PM'd me about some Facebook fan groups that could help and said he would try to contact them. I thought "oh great, he's finally come around and wants to help now"....but then he goes back to being completely silent and ambiguous. Yama has known we've been after his help since the twitter campaign first started (or at least, he does if he reads his emails), and we've still had not a peep out of him. I really don't understand their rational, but I want to, hence my request for a reply. As it stands, them just ignoring those of us who have politely addressed them numerous times now, well ,it's just rude. It will be a shame if it has to stay this way, due to what I can only assume is the fact that they lack the courage and etiquette to squarely address us. But hey ho.

and if the leaders of the web's most established Shenmue fansite won't lift a finger, then I'd darn well better get on and do them, hadn't I?

Exactly my feelings too. As far as I am concerned, the apathetic defeatists who don't even try to make Shenmue 3 a reality (especially when they are in a position of symbolic importance, as the dojo management is), don't deserve to be heard lamenting over the fate of the series.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Not defending them Mue. Just saying after 10 years and many attempts. Some people just give up or don't care or both. Ziming through the years was never one to answer PM's much unless he is pissed off. Same with Yama. Tho Yama does on occasion to just talk. I don't know why it's like that.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Last time i think Yama posted was during the mod business the other month and Ziming only seems to post his pics/vids but then I'm not sure what it would do having their support? Apart from having it posted on the main page but I don't know how many even use that?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:but then I'm not sure what it would do having their support?

837 followers of @Shenmue_Dojo would be prompted to fire off a quick tweet on the 3rd.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Last time i think Yama posted was during the mod business the other month and Ziming only seems to post his pics/vids but then I'm not sure what it would do having their support? Apart from having it posted on the main page but I don't know how many even use that?

I'm pretty sure I saw Yama post something on tuesday, and he was online just a moment ago. And as for Ziming, who can forget his HORRIFIC penis injury thread...

Anyway, I'm not trying to come across like I've got some attitude. But they are not really helping themselves look good by ignoring us.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:but then I'm not sure what it would do having their support?

837 followers of @Shenmue_Dojo would be prompted to fire off a quick tweet on the 3rd.

I'll post a tweet out on the 3rd. Remind me the day before what you exactly want tweeted. To be clear I participated back during the Ryo Hazuki vote because Sumo was involved, and it looked to be a worthwhile/legitimate effort. Steve Lycett acknowledged what the fans did to get Ryo into 1st place.

As a few here already stated above me, we've been through numerous campaigns which just gets ignored. Sending monthly tweets is like talking to a brick wall that is Sega. When Sega does decide to revive the series, it won't be due to a few thousand tweets we send to them on a particular day. After 10 years I just don't believe existing fans are enough to sway Sega into creating a new Shenmue, or giving Yu Suzuki the license to do it. How Sega decides on the fate of Shenmue series will be a business decision to their favor.

I'm all for fans joining forces in a cause/movement, especially with social network sites like Facebook and twitter. My problem is I'm sick of all the asking, campaigning, begging, praying, tweeting, win the lotto for Shenmue 3 stuff. With Shenmue I just want to see results, a light at the end of the tunnel. My role as contributor is multimedia related, which is why the majority of my updates involve music, images and videos. I wasn't being rude as I rarely respond to topics that don't interest me.

Ziming has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby KiBa » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:56 am

Ok. To all newcomers, the following clip is what just happened, minus the breaking of the spell.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jc9WpF3t1s[/youtube]

The thread may now be locked.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Ziming » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:21 am

Actually they did break the spell as I'll be tweeting for them on the third of next month. I'm just not head over heels sold on what it will accomplish. If anything it's still a good way to get fans together through social networking.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III