Team Yu needs you!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:53 pm

The dude is loaded. He could jointly fund Shenmue III with any of his friends who are rich. But he knows it wont make a handsome return, so id say hes ok suffering so long as it isnt his money on the line.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Peter wrote:The dude is loaded. He could jointly fund Shenmue III with any of his friends who are rich.

That's interesting. I'd be grateful for a link to whatever it is you've read that details his personal finances and those of his friends.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Obviously i dont have a link. Its an assumption. Heres a tip. When you want to recruit people to a campaign, maybe not be so much of a smartarse when it comes to posting ya know? ;-)

Peter has received a thanks from: Spokane
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:32 pm

He is probably rich as you said. I remember him telling that he owns at least one Ferrari. Yuji Naka also owns one I think and mentioned in an interview that he, Suzuki and Nagoshi used to take their sport cars to a track together.

But it must still be annoying when you have a personal project that is unfinished. Maybe he isn't that rich to finance a game himself even with some help? Would it be allowed to finance it yourself within a company structure? Anyway, hopefully this campaign can get some more attention.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Peter wrote: Obviously i dont have a link. Its an assumption. Heres a tip. When you want to recruit people to a campaign, maybe not be so much of a smartarse when it comes to posting ya know? ;-)

It wasn't entirely meant to sound smartarsey, I genuinely wanted more information if you'd been able to verify it. I'm not into picking fights on the Internet (apart from with multinational corporate enterprises, obviously).

But I'll admit there are times when I do and will make somewhat smartarsey comments, like anyone else here I'm sure. I try to reign it in but that's just my personality sometimes. However the campaign isn't about me, so don't let me put you off standing alongside the other fans who are supporting this if for whatever reason I give you cause to dislike me personally.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Its cool bud. No offence felt by either of us (i hope!). Least i will know what way to take you in the future! :nice!:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Peter wrote:Its cool bud. No offence felt by either of us (i hope!).

None!

Peter wrote:Least i will know what way to take you in the future! :nice!:

With a pinch of salt is often best. :mrgreen:
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:18 pm

He could jointly fund Shenmue III with any of his friends who are rich

I'm somewhat skeptical about this. Yu may be very well off, own an expensive sports car, and be pretty loaded in comparison to most of us here, but he's certainly no Warren Buffett and I doubt he's at the kind of baller status where he can drop a dozen or two million of his own on a new Shenmue. He's not anywhere near rich enough. Maybe, he might be able to put up some of the funds for a much cheaper Dreamcast version of Shenmue 3, but he'd still need the IP license to even think about going down that route.

Anyway, well done to everyone who contributed to yesterdays tweetathon, we did it again and outdid ourselves. It was the biggest tweetahon yet!

Here's the write up: http://www.facebook.com/TeamYu/posts/510832038928840
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:12 pm

Not long left till the next tweetathon, chaps. We also think it's a good idea to work the Nintendo angle as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Z6YVwqUBc[/youtube]

Here's the full write up http://www.facebook.com/TeamYu/posts/515701668441877

And through the power of organisation we've also convinced Game Central to put the question to Sega Europe too :D
http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/91253 ... -and-limbo

Now go forth and tell your fellow forumites, friends, family, neighbours, lovers, prospective lovers and local newsagents!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:25 pm

ok!
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Heads up for the tweetathon, ladies and gents. As soon as it's the 3rd of the month in your time zone, get stuck in! :)
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mrslig100 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:45 am

Well its the 3rd of october so lets all head down to twitter.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:54 am

Today's Tweetathon coincides with Culture Day in Japan, so what better time to remind everyone of the country's greatest entertainment export (since Takeshi's Castle anyway)?

There's a massive thread on this forum dedicated to trips to Japan that were inspired by Shenmue, which is a testament to the effect the game has had in promoting Japanese culture to the outside world. Take this opportunity to show Sega the responsibility they carry to let that legacy continue. Shenmue III may not be set entirely in Japan, if at all, but its storyline and values are at the core of Japanese culture. Today's the day to celebrate that.

All you need to do to participate in the Tweetathon is include the hashtag #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense in your tweet(s). It also helps to retweet others, as this shows your followers that it really is a group effort that they can get involved in.

If you need any more details about the campaign then TeamYu.net has you covered, but I'm sure everyone gets it by now. All day today, and every 3rd of the month. Go get 'em. Thanks.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:25 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTeS8fjgp3c[/youtube] A rendition I personally haven't heard. It's to give you some background music while you tweet :-p
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:08 am

Funny you should say that, as GBR gamebytesradio is running a 24-hour Shenmue playlist in support of the Tweetathon today. It's a great listen.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 3 thanks from: Kenny, wude, Yokosuka Martian
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III