Team Yu needs you!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:32 pm

south carmain wrote:
mue 26 wrote:have I done this right? its my first time

I bet this brought back a few awkward memories for a few people

Yeah, showing off my first Airfix model plane was a real nail biter.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:26 pm

So I've spent the evening totting up tweets, because I'm a dude who knows how to spend a Friday night, and it's good news again.

And call me an optimist Ziming, but I hope the number of retweets that your message received, compared with other recent output on the @Shenmue_Dojo account (32 vs 5, 4, 1, 0, 2, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0...), might give you pause for thought on what it is that Shenmue fans really care about. I think it goes to show that not everyone within your sphere of influence is as campaign-weary and jaded towards Shenmue III as you're feeling right now. I'd be delighted if this perked up your spirits, but of course I'll gladly settle for another tweet every 3rd of the month. :)

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Axm, mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Elevensixty » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:21 am

Hey team Yu,wanted to drop in and say hey,support you all the way!
My first post ever here,just picked up Shenmue again after quite a layoff.
Already a supporter on Twitter,let's stay positive for Shenmue 3,and in the meantime I'm just lovin' the series as it is so far :)

Elevensixty has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Elevensixty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: elevensixty
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Polybius

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Always cool to see new face 'round these parts. Hope you stay and share your knowledge & opinions on the game.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Elevensixty » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Thanks :) Wow I'm finding I'm rusty! Picked up my save just a little before the Chai battle at the arcade and got stuck tryin to beat him lol. Seems I remember beating him over and over..
Anyway I'm playing through 1 and 2 in Japanese this time,picked up a system and both games in Japan a while back-and it's really fun playing again! Also helping me get the sound of Japanese back in my ears,and giving me some inspiration to study.
What a fun game!
I'm already thinking..I've missed a couple cutscenes at this point,but not really any items..should I re-start a new game?
Though I'm really looking forward to getting to Hong Kong and playing lucky hit..
Well anyway just sayin Shenmue spirit is alive and well in my world and many others. Quite a few of us are tweetathon-ing for 3 as well.
BTW,looking through the forums...I really want to get good at this again,I need to watch some videos of free battle techniques/strategy..isn't there a sticky or something showing the details of each move's power etc in comparison..you know what I mean?
Elevensixty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 pm

I would just say to play through the game without the need to restart. Then you can play it again and find all the things you miss. At least that's how I'd do it. In terms of the move power n etc, I don't believe there's a sticky for that topic (although I could be wrong). I usually learn a couple of moves (usually the easier ones lol) and then just fight through it. I would say that their power comes from training them (in Shenmue 1). The higher the bar, the more powerful and advanced it gets. In Shenmue 2 I'm pretty sure they take away the ability to rain moves so they're all automatically leveled.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:23 pm

The mega64 crew had the chance to meet and do a video with Suzuki. Sadly, that influence was not enough to get the series back on track. In the end, I say we need to do a fund raiser or something drastic to get this rolling. At least get the HD versions released if they are at all confirmed completed.
RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:38 am

RyoHazuki84 wrote:In the end, I say we need to do a fund raiser or something drastic to get this rolling. At least get the HD versions released if they are at all confirmed completed.

Sadly we still only have the word of the boss-eyed drunk in the corner that Shenmue HD even exists as a project, let alone a completed one.

A fundraiser would only be worthwhile with the direct involvement of Sega. For starters, people would have no reason to trust that money donated to anything unofficial would actually be handed over to the intended party - it could easily be seen as a con, which would negatively affect the amount raised.

Secondly if we used something like Kickstarter we'd have to set a target, and without Sega's input we don't know what that should be, or even if any price would be enough to make them divert manpower into Shenmue 3. We'd need Sega to say "alright, we'll be interested if you raise X amount."

Thirdly, and importantly, if we publicised a Shenmue fundraiser that went on to fail for the above reasons, then people would be wary of backing another if Sega ever did get around to holding one themselves. "I've already done this, and it went nowhere," the once-bitten, twice-shy public would say to themselves before passing up a legitimate, official chance to fund the game.

The only positive would of course be the statement of intent made by anyone who did put their money where their mouth is. But it's a risky way to make a point, because the lack of endorsement from Sega would result in a lower figure raised, which would misrepresent the demand for the game and possibly convince Sega once and for all that there's no profit to be made on Shenmue 3.

In short, we'd need Sega's blessing to launch a fundraiser or it would do more harm than good.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Elevensixty » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:49 pm

Typing on mobile while makin coffee and playing Shenmue sorry lol
Last edited by Elevensixty on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elevensixty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Elevensixty » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Yokosukamartian-
Yeah I beat Chai (geez) and decided to continue playing through as I am,the replay value is so high anyway,and for someone like myself who hasn't played in a while,there are little things I've forgotten-PLUS playing through in Japanese is really something worth doing,the voice acting in it's original is amazing,and now,I'm a fan of the English too but the original has a higher quality I guess you could say,as well as giving the characters a little different,well,character.
I'm leveling my moves all the way too heh heh,like I said I need to get good again

RyoHazuki84,let's get Sweaty(love that name!) it's frustrating! but the world has changed a lot and social media,concepts like kickstarter,etc are popping up all the time,who knows,something might click one of these days!
There's always going to be a strong fan base for Shenmue though,it's just too good to forget about!
Anyway,all we really need is one person to pledge like 70 million right?
If we could just get Bill Gates to play it through....hmm...
Elevensixty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Yeah, until there are at least screencaps from a Shenmue HD floating around, doing a fundraiser may cause concerns of conmanship.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Elevensixty » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:20 pm

IT may not seem we have any real "power",but-
Keeping the fan base active and vocal keeps interest up and keeps the series fresh,even as it is-look at the recently discovered cut scenes,and unused music,as well as the hilarious mod videos and fan videos,whenever I have a few minutes and watch stuff on YouTube etc it cracks me up,
And with support like that,re releases and sequels are more likely to happen :)

Elevensixty has received a thanks from: shengoro86
Elevensixty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 am

Elevensixty wrote: IT may not seem we have any real "power",but-
Keeping the fan base active and vocal keeps interest up and keeps the series fresh,even as it is-look at the recently discovered cut scenes,and unused music,as well as the hilarious mod videos and fan videos,whenever I have a few minutes and watch stuff on YouTube etc it cracks me up,
And with support like that,re releases and sequels are more likely to happen :)

Any community effort is power. I don't think Sega would even think of Shenmue if it wasn't for communities like ours.

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:38 pm

I guess at the end of the day, as long as we are alive and are still here, we will see it happen. If I were on my death bed right now, I'd make Shenmue 3 happen through the Make A Wish foundation if I have to.
RyoHazuki84

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Imagine the bad press Sega would get by turning down a terminally ill patient's wish. Ohhh the hilarity
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III