vote // when do you think shenmue 3 will come out

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

when do you think shenmue 3 come out? - (Total votes: 31)

6%
6%
32%
13%
No votes
2017+
13%
never
29%

Re: vote // when do you think shenmue 3 will come out

Postby Golf Wang » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Never. As depressing as it sounds, it's probably the truth.
Golf Wang
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: G0LFxWANG
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:47 am

mue 26 wrote:I now want Shenmue 3 to be added to 2015's wiki page's "predicted events" section on that day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015. Can we do that?

It would certainly make for an interesting July 3rd Tweetathon! :lol:
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:21 am

December 21 st 2012. The stars will align, Chi-You will rise from the earth's core and Game stores around the world will be selling Shenmue 3. It always had to be ironic.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby nskachu » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:59 am

Yokosuka Martian wrote: December 21 st 2012. The stars will align, Chi-You will rise from the earth's core and Game stores around the world will be selling Shenmue 3. It always had to be ironic.

Oh cool, you just took the exact word that i thought went i scrolled down the first page and... shoop da whoop there you are with EXACTLY MY WORDS! thank you. somehow you have to be on a high intellectual level.
nskachu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with feelings

Postby gezer » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:23 pm

With the next Dreamcast hopefully. :(
gezer
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby darksniper » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Shenmue III could easily be used as a killer app for any of the next gen consoles. If it's not out by early next gen, then its never coming back.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:28 pm

I voted 2015, under the assumption that Shenmue HD will be announced and released within one year (and if it's not until Q4 2013, 2016 is a much more likely window for Shenmue III).

Although 'never' is a strong possibility too.

darksniper wrote: Shenmue III could easily be used as a killer app for any of the next gen consoles. If it's not out by early next gen, then its never coming back.

Agreed. A launch or early post-launch title for next gen consoles would seem like a good strategy. Even if Shenmue HD isn't wildly popular, having Shenmue III in the launch window will attract a LOT of people's attention, and as the release of next-gen consoles nears that attention could re-kindle Shenmue I and II HD sales (if the game has been out for awhile)

"never coming back" would be likely after this point but there's always the chance, 20-25 years from its original release, the series could be rebooted and receive a massive overhaul; though I'm sure anything at this point would be considered a massive overhaul, especially by us die-hards.

(side note - are there sales data for any of these HD Sega games? Or just general sales trends for XBLA/PSN re-boots? I'd like to compare Sonic Adventure 2's sales, for example, with the sales of Jet Set Radio and then predict how Shenmue might sell in terms of numbers)
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:33 pm

nskachu wrote:
Yokosuka Martian wrote: December 21 st 2012. The stars will align, Chi-You will rise from the earth's core and Game stores around the world will be selling Shenmue 3. It always had to be ironic.

Oh cool, you just took the exact word that i thought went i scrolled down the first page and... shoop da whoop there you are with EXACTLY MY WORDS! thank you. somehow you have to be on a high intellectual level.

Haha sorry about that bud. It must be subconscious telepathic powers.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote: I voted 2015, under the assumption that Shenmue HD will be announced and released within one year (and if it's not until Q4 2013, 2016 is a much more likely window for Shenmue III).

Although 'never' is a strong possibility too.

darksniper wrote: Shenmue III could easily be used as a killer app for any of the next gen consoles. If it's not out by early next gen, then its never coming back.

Agreed. A launch or early post-launch title for next gen consoles would seem like a good strategy. Even if Shenmue HD isn't wildly popular, having Shenmue III in the launch window will attract a LOT of people's attention, and as the release of next-gen consoles nears that attention could re-kindle Shenmue I and II HD sales (if the game has been out for awhile)

"never coming back" would be likely after this point but there's always the chance, 20-25 years from its original release, the series could be rebooted and receive a massive overhaul; though I'm sure anything at this point would be considered a massive overhaul, especially by us die-hards.

(side note - are there sales data for any of these HD Sega games? Or just general sales trends for XBLA/PSN re-boots? I'd like to compare Sonic Adventure 2's sales, for example, with the sales of Jet Set Radio and then predict how Shenmue might sell in terms of numbers)

Can't really judge the sales of Sonic or JSR to compare to Shenmue. Sonic and such are games you can just pick up and play and put down at any point. Accessibility. Shenmue is a very committed game and very slow paced. Sonic and them fast paced and anyone can play. Much more casual.(don't mean that in the modern gen derogatory way)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:38 pm

I agree with your comparison, and allow me to rephrase a bit. Sales data of XBLA/PSN remakes can indicate how Shenmue SHOULD fare compared to other HD remakes, Sega or non. And if Shenmue HD does get hype and media attention we can give a more educated guess on how it might sell in terms of numbers, if we knew the sales data for other Sega projects of the same vein.

If Shenmue HD came out and only sold 50,000 copies, we might say that's not enough. But if SA2, which is much more casual/popular, only sold 50,000 copies, then Shenmue would be successful in comparison, wouldn't it? I'm curious as to how much a DLC remake has to sell to consider it a worthy investment. And if sales from these types of efforts are even a good basis for a company to make decisions on future investments (such as Shenmue III).

Do HD remakes even hit the 50k or 100k mark in terms of sales numbers? I have no clue.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spokane » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:39 pm

So I just looked up some of the HD collections I have which are physical.

Sly Cooper HD Collection (2010) 430,000 Of course PS3 only.
Jak and Daxter HD Collection (2012) 260,000 Again PS3 only.
Devil May Cry HD Collection (2012) PS3- 320,000 X360-160,000
ICO and SotC HD (2011)- 770,000 PS3 Only again (For a month or a few months even it was in the top 5 best selling games on Amazon)
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:49 pm

If Shenmue HD was physical I would snatch one from the factory,fuck waiting for it to hit stores

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: redline, Spokane
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Previous

Return to Shenmue III