Nintendo and Sega discussing the future of Shenmue ?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Nintendo and Sega discussing the future of Shenmue ?

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:28 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: We're talking about casual gamers, who before the Wii were non-gamers. It's a point about the demograph/target audience, not the figures sold.

Well Wii U marketing and games linup looks to aim at both markets. Nintendoland/Mario/Wii fit U Skylanders and Lego City for the casual market and Zombiu,CoD,Darksiders,Ninja Gaiden 3,Darksiders II,Rayman Legends,ACIII,Mass Effect 3,Tekken Tag 2 and Bayonetta 2,Monster Hunter 4. So seems they have it poised for a good balance. At least out of the gate.

That said my mom while not a gamer but the average mom who would buy for xmas game . Confused why this is different than a wii. At best buy she just looked at it and said "why did you want to play this..it's the same thing you have one"
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:31 pm

...nobody reads my posts...

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Who Really Cares?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Superrayman3 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Here's a full yet probably rough translation of the article for those that are interested:

It has been reported by our insider that Nintendo whom after the successful announcement of Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U has listened to gamers and is now in negotiations with SEGA about the future of the Shernmue Series, in such a situation Shenmue III might come to the Wii U with Nintendo being the international publisher and funder of the game.

When the first report of the game being released during the second half of 1999, in Japan creator Yu Suzuki, estimated the cost to be around $47 million.

2003 - Shenmue II was published in 2001 for the Dreamcast and 2002 for the XBOX, because of financial problems, SEGA currently has no plans to continue the series on their own. Nintendo however can be a big help by providing the long awaited sequel for the fans throughout the world.

It is also very memorable that Sonic Adventure 2 SEGA's first non-SEGA platform game after the end of the Dreamcast was released on Nintendo's own GCN.

Superrayman3 has received a thanks from: Mitsuzuki
Superrayman3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 0.400

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Superrayman3 wrote: Here's a full yet probably rough translation of the article for those that are interested:

It has been reported by our insider that Nintendo whom after the successful announcement of Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U has listened to gamers and is now in negotiations with SEGA about the future of the Shernmue Series, in such a situation Shenmue III might come to the Wii U with Nintendo being the international publisher and funder of the game.

When the first report of the game being released during the second half of 1999, in Japan creator Yu Suzuki, estimated the cost to be around $47 million.

2003 - Shenmue II was published in 2001 for the Dreamcast and 2002 for the XBOX, because of financial problems, SEGA currently has no plans to continue the series on their own. Nintendo however can be a big help by providing the long awaited sequel for the fans throughout the world.

It is also very memorable that Sonic Adventure 2 SEGA's first non-SEGA platform game after the end of the Dreamcast was released on Nintendo's own GCN.

Wii U would be a good platform for Shenmue. VMU so have the moves list on the screen and use the tablet as a notebook similar to Hotel Dusk on DS. The downside it Nintendo does not have a very good history of robust online. SO would a new passport be hindered?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Peter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Until i see the actual physical magazine, this is BS to me. Pictures of the article on a page or a youtube video flicking through it and someone talking about it then i will believe it.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Raj! » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:38 pm

This is interesting, hopefully it is true.

I remember at E3 when Nintendo showed a Wii U graphics demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shch7LNkVXw

Reminded me of Shenmue.

Raj! has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, KiBa
Raj!
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Either way, it was kind of you to register today to share your find, MasterG. Judging by the time of submission and lack of replies on Reddit, you're one of very few who'd had a chance to see that thread, so it's lucky for us that you knew of this forum. Had you been browsing here as a guest for long?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:27 pm

Oddly and sadly the the big question is. Let's say Nintendo is working with Sega on Shenmue III. Would Nintendo localize it? NOE might. NOA would fuck us over. NOA does not like RPGs or anything outside Mario. Like Peter Moore/Stolar all over again.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Superrayman3 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Ryudo wrote: Oddly and sadly the the big question is. Let's say Nintendo is working with Sega on Shenmue III. Would Nintendo localize it? NOE might. NOA would fuck us over. NOA does not like RPGs or anything outside Mario. Like Peter Moore/Stolar all over again.

Oh crap I forgot about that, I'm pretty sure NOA would localize the game considering the following Shenmue has here in america, that and the fact that if they don't gamers in NA will just import the PAL version like we did with the Dreamcast version of Shenmue II and NOE would be getting all the profits while NOA gets nothing so I think it's pretty safe to say that NOA will more than likely localize the game if this turns out to be true.
Superrayman3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 0.400

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:42 pm

I highly doubt it.Reggie just mocks gamers who like things outside of Mario. It took a massive movment to get Xenoblade and The Last Story. Xenoblade sold 250K which is decent consideringit had no marketing and only sold at GS. TLS sold like shit however. I mean before Nintendo the guy worked at Pizza Hut and Panda so he isn't a gamer. Unless SEGA makes it part of the deal they have to bring it to NA. Reggie will shit on it. NOE is great as they got Fatal Frame,Xenoblade,The Last Story,Disaster Day of Crisis,Another Code R,Last Window,Pandoras Tower.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnotherTree » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:27 pm

somehow it all fits together... When I saw the WiiU graphic demo for the first time it reminds me of the Sakura trees in Shenmue... Rumours were around that the Shenmue HD Remakes are allready complete. So why they dont release them? Maybe because its exclusivly for the WiiU Online Sevice?... Nintendo saved Bayonetta 2... And now this... I smell something fishy *ren voice*
AnotherTree
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby mue 26 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Can someone in Japan please confirm or rubbish this rumour for us. The magazine itself seems to be quite well respected in fashion circles...so it would be a cause for some hope if it is true, as in, at least the publication has some credibility to it (albeit not in games particularly, but then, neither does Famitsu). But there are obviously doubts as to whether it was even published, and if this is just another ruse (if a slightly odd one) to get us excited about nadda. So if there are any dojoites in Japan, could you check out the magazine for us? Apparently the magazine is a bit of an expensive bastard (source: http://www.endclothing.co.uk/casa-brutus-49594.html !!), so just do an "read in the newsagent" jobbie, and maybe take a couple sneaky camera phone snaps when the shop owner isn't looking :lol:, we've all been there...(I still do that if there's a particularly naughty photo spread in Loaded mag, as I'm too embarrassed to actually buy it at the counter..and thanks to the clarity of camera phones these days, it almost as good!)

That last part was a joke ....maybe...hopefully.....I wish it was..
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Either way, it was kind of you to register today to share your find, MasterG. Judging by the time of submission and lack of replies on Reddit, you're one of very few who'd had a chance to see that thread, so it's lucky for us that you knew of this forum. Had you been browsing here as a guest for long?

Ah, I see what Sweaty's getting at (or may legitimately not be getting at...) but he's just too polite to say it, so I will! MasterG, are you the swine that posted this on Reddit, and are you taking us for mugs!! Or is it all just a convenient coincidence (genuine apologies if it is)? Stop playing with my heart!

I may have been totally off track about my accusations of Gboy being South Carmain and Dorian simultaneously, but maybe my paranoia is justified here, and I'm on to this culprit! Hang on...Master"G"....so, we meet again young Gboy! Haha, the writing is on the wall for you!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MasterG » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:51 am

Surprised by how uncultured people can be...
Last edited by MasterG on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
MasterG
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: UNCHARTED 2

Postby KiBa » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:51 am

Mattew9... MasterG? See it?

And the conspiracy runs deeper, for I am Ryudo, as well as MiTTZ, Brothaman, QWERTY, martin, and mue 26...

Ok, fine. I'm also Ten Tailed Cat and Dorian.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III