If Shenmue HD happens

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: If Shenmue HD happens

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

@yokosuka yeah the only reason I would see them avoiding it is if they lost money on the previous dreamcast titles, if JSRHD and whatever they released before that were flops then what shotaro is saying would make sense, but they would of had to sell extremely badly for that

Shotaro Kaneda wrote:I don't care if you believe me or not, all I'm doing is relating the info I was given when I asked one of the people I work with, I also don't care if you don't believe I work with ex-Sega staff

At the end of the day I work for Xbox, who happen to have hired a lot of people who left Sega

I want to play Shenmue HD as much as anyone, but unfotunately it's not going to happen

maybe they were just chatting shit, sega is a big company after all and there must be a lot of rumours going around the lower ranks, silence creates all sorts of nonsense after all
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 pm

And if it's true, welp, time to pack up and go home. Although like I've said before, Christians have it worse off than uss. They've been waiting 2000 years for the 2nd coming, and so far we've waited 12. We have patience I'm sure haha. And if they can't afford it, then for the love of god sell the IP to a different company.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:14 pm

yeah, I mean don't take my doubts too harshly shotaro you could be right but I will be sceptical until it looks like sega have given up on the HD re-releases or they just come out and say no (which I highly doubt would happen, SEGA are shyer than an animu kawai virgin when it comes to shenmue stuff)
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Until there is an official "Not gonna happen" statement from Sega and they have given up on digital rereleases, I shall have hope.

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: RyoHazuki84
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:56 am

On the other hand, they never say anything so they can already have given up without us knowing. Actually it doesn't make sense. If Shenmue is so requested and they're working on it. Why wouldn't you tell the fans that you're busy and will release it later? It only generates more interest. So I fear that a release is indeed not happening.

south carmain wrote:maybe they were just chatting shit, sega is a big company after all and there must be a lot of rumours going around the lower ranks, silence creates all sorts of nonsense after all

That's also true. The last place I worked at had people talk and wonder about upcoming changes. But sometimes higher ups just changed their mind from one day to the other and we just continued with the project. So to contrast the stuff above : you never know I guess.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Luvly KM » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:32 pm

I have a friend who works at Sega and in no uncertain terms he told me that he has played Shenmue HD during lunch breaks.

Why sega are waiting i have no idea. Maybe they are waiting til the end of the financial year and shenmue HD is a small part of their next year plans. Either that or it's Sega just being Sega. i.e. mostly woeful
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ziming » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Luvly KM wrote: I have a friend who works at Sega and in no uncertain terms he told me that he has played Shenmue HD during lunch breaks.

Why sega are waiting i have no idea. Maybe they are waiting til the end of the financial year and shenmue HD is a small part of their next year plans. Either that or it's Sega just being Sega. i.e. mostly woeful

Your aware that this forum has a history of such claims? I've seen countless topics and posts with members here saying they have family/friends that have inside info. For example: "My dad's friend has a brother that's saying Shenmue 3 is coming out. His Mom overheard a conversion. Believe it!"

Ziming has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Schiff » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:47 pm

just what Ziming said. Stop it or show proofs

Schiff has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Schiff
Wanna leave the cave
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: ylyon
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5FS

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Make him take a picture of the controller and screen
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Luvly KM » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:31 pm

I agree with the trepidation. I only have his word
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:41 pm

I think it'd be cool if Sega went the Sony route and wrote an official Dreamcast emulator and just rereleased games on it similarly as to how Sony releases classic PSX games on PSN and PSMOBILE.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: I think it'd be cool if Sega went the Sony route and wrote an official Dreamcast emulator and just rereleased games on it similarly as to how Sony releases classic PSX games on PSN and PSMOBILE.

I would be against this since that would mean no hd treatment, widescreen support or better camera controls thanks to the dual joystick support

Well i would be against it until shenmue got the hd treatment then i'm all for it
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 pm

If the emulator is released on PC it would be HD in a sense. Compare Shenmue Dreamcast vs Shenmue on NullDC. It's true that nulldc isn't a perfect emulator but if Sega were to release an official one that you could buy games from it would be awesome.

The dual joystick support can be done similarly as to how PS VITA does PSP Classics. You can remap keys to the touchscreen and to the second analog stick. It also has different viewing options.
But you're correct about the camera thing.

What I'm saying is Sega should basically rip off Sony's model and rake in the cash, as well as release previously unreleased games. The Dreamcast can live on through other systems. :D

Or not.

I dream too much, I admit.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:39 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: If the emulator is released on PC it would be HD in a sense. Compare Shenmue Dreamcast vs Shenmue on NullDC. Sure NullDC isn't a perfect emulator, but if one were to be made officially.

The dual joystick support can be done like with PS VITA PSX Classics. You can remap keys to the touchscreen and to the second analog stick. It also has different viewing options.

Sega would never release an emulator like nulldc lol it would be similar to the ps2 and psx ones on ps3 where it would output in original resolution and you cant change camera controls by remapping as you need to change the script in the tthe game to add functionality unfortunately
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Yeah, I had a few typos in my post. I have since edited and conceded the camera angle problem.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III