Corey Marshall just put up suspicious photos on his facebook

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Corey Marshall just put up suspicious photos on his face

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue May 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Over the years, a lot of fans have told me that Shenmue was the game-changer (literally and figuratively) for them, and that Shenmue will always have a special place in their hearts. I even saw a comment yesterday from someone who said he learned English by playing Shenmue.

I always love hearing things like these because, as someone who was already a gamer years before I even did the voice for Ryo, I do think Shenmue is one of those games that truly has 'heart'. I think that's why those who like Shenmue don't just like it, they're passionate about it in a way that not all gamers are about other games.

It's also humbling to know that people appreciate the work that I did on Shenmue. I've done all sorts of things in my life- dance, martial arts, stuntwork, live shows, producing- but the one project that I am proudest to have been a part of will always be Shenmue.

Great to see him being more vocal about the game recently. All aboard the hype train.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Surge101 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:58 pm

At least this has brought back some attention to Shenmue. I know in the past Shenmue fans have been very vocal to Sega, but in recent years I feel a lot of fans (myself included) have given up hope, and the constant contact with Sega via internet or even sending them letters via post, as well as constant petitions and what not has died down. Just looking at the resurgence of the Shenmue facebook pages shows all the fans that were just silently waiting for some news. Hopefully this will be message Sega needed to see that fans are still here for Shenmue, or perhaps all this fiasco has just filled me with false hope...again.
Surge101
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mrslig100 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:56 pm

mrslig100 has received a thanks from: Brothaman
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu May 30, 2013 10:15 am

The "Unfortunately, not just yet. Hopefully soon though!" makes me hopeful that maybe he's been contacted to see if he would reprise his role. I feel like he's trying to let us know without coming right out and saying anything. And seeing this from someone who actually has involvement with the project if it were to happen really gives me hope(versus someone who thinks the game would work on a certain system or saw a screenshot of Shenmue 1 & 2 on a release date list for the Xbox or whatever). I wonder how soon along in the development process a voice actor would be contacted about their possible involvement.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:17 pm

C'mon guys, lets not get sucked in here and let this turn into a complete tear apart of the whole situation ultimately coming down to "maybe" "maybe not". Take this for what it is, a couple pictures. This proves or dis-proves nothing, we have gone through this enough times to know the drill. Hope for the best, expect to be disappointed, wait for possible announcement.

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, ShenmueTree
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Fri May 31, 2013 12:45 am

Hope for the best, but lets not jump the gun on his comments and pictures. Shenmue news/rumors get tossed around this place like dirty laundry. No more salt in these open wounds Sega has given us fans.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Peter » Fri May 31, 2013 7:34 am

Theres no way people believe this is for Shenmue 3 :lol:

Peter has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, ShenmueTree
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby spinksy » Fri May 31, 2013 1:37 pm

As with any other Shenmue fan I hope that one day a sequel is made, I think there is a chance but Sega work in ridiculous ways lately so only time will tell.

Would like to know what these pictures mean though.......

spinksy has received a thanks from: mrslig100
spinksy
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: spinksy777
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:43 am

It could be voice acting for a newer Sonic All Stars type game. Nothing here points to Shenmue III.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:13 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: It could be voice acting for a newer Sonic All Stars type game. Nothing here points to Shenmue III.

That was my assumption he was working on a voice recording for Ryo as an upcoming DLC character for Sonic Racing Transformed. Although when Ryo featured in the previous game, hey only used stock recordings, so I'm wondering why they wouldn't do the same this time around?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:15 pm

“The picture of me back in studio is a recent picture, in fact very recent, but with non-disclosure agreements, I cannot reveal what project I’m working on,” he said. “I can say, however, I’m not working on Shenmue 3. I’m saying right now, it’s not 3, so please don’t freak out too much.”

Didn't listen yet, but if that's a direct quote, let's over analyze and foolishly hope that there is a secret message here. Corey seems more level-headed then these gaming execs or crappy journalists who tease us with cryptic and flat out untrue rumors. Perhaps that - knowing Shenmue fans are die-hards, being a Shenmue fan himself, and if he meant it or not, saying Shenmue was his proudest work - Corey is trying to tell us something. Posting these pictures and implying (confirming?) that he was doing voice work with Sega, and then saying "it's not 3" instead of "it's not Shenmue/Ryo" might mean he is doing some re-work on the supposedly finished Shenmue HD re-makes 8)
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby HONGZHONGGUO » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:31 pm

I think it's come to the stage (allow me, i'm new here, long time lurker) where i think we should smile at ANY Shenmue related things, may it be S and S's stuff or a simple wink from anyone on any part of the production team. Although i'm positive it will be made, Duke Nukem' did and so did the latest Boards of Canada album, so i'm positive for Shenmue 3 too!
HONGZHONGGUO
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: polpotnoodle94
Currently playing: Warhammer 40k

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:19 am

So curious about this project he's working on. We need to get him back on this forum again.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Previous

Return to Shenmue III