Shenmue 3 and E3 2013

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 and E3 2013

Postby starscream178 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:18 pm

god damn... this like literally all I want from video games. seriously, fuck halo and what ever else the fuck fps comes out. Just give me S3

starscream178 has received a thanks from: lavrentis
starscream178
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Stocke » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Another year goes by.
Of course i didn't really expect Shenmue HD / 3, but still frustrating none the less.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby YuandaZhu » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Didn't Yu Suzuki say that an animé or manga would be more likely because of developing costs/buying the license from Sega?
YuandaZhu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby alimn » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:31 am

Wondering what Nagoshi been doin @E3, anyone knows if Suzuki been there or not? ;)

With all honesty I did not expect to see Shenmue @ this E3 as it was a risky and sensitive E3 due new console war!

SEGA might be taking their time to decide which and who's better for the future of Shenmue,

But the good news is "It's about time!" now that all 3 new systems are out. :)

Kind Regards, Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:39 am

Every time.

"They'll announce it at E3, the biggest show of the year!"

E3 comes and goes.

"Well duh, of course they're saving it for TGS, it makes sense as it's right in their back yard!"

TGS comes and goes.

"They're playing it smart, the announcement will be made in December to coincide with Ryo's birthday / the anniversary of Shenmue / the date the story began!"

January arrives.

"They obviously didn't want the news to compete with the big Christmas releases - we'll probably hear something at E3."

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, Yokosuka Martian
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Giorgio » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:39 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Every time.

"They'll announce it at E3, the biggest show of the year!"

E3 comes and goes.

"Well duh, of course they're saving it for TGS, it makes sense as it's right in their back yard!"

TGS comes and goes.

"They're playing it smart, the announcement will be made in December to coincide with Ryo's birthday / the anniversary of Shenmue / the date the story began!"

January arrives.

"They obviously didn't want the news to compete with the big Christmas releases - we'll probably hear something at E3."

Sounds like "Circle of Death"...
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:13 pm

alimn wrote: Wondering what Nagoshi been doin @E3, anyone knows if Suzuki been there or not? ;)

With all honesty I did not expect to see Shenmue @ this E3 as it was a risky and sensitive E3 due new console war!

SEGA might be taking their time to decide which and who's better for the future of Shenmue,

Kind Regards, Alimn

sorry but I think the only way for sega to think about shenmue is a good kick up the arse.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, mue 26
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Jeff » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:56 pm

You had a better chance of seeing Jesus Christ on these forums than Shenmue III. Point proven.

Jeff has received a thanks from: myshtuff
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:31 pm

alimn wrote: Wondering what Nagoshi been doin @E3, anyone knows if Suzuki been there or not? ;)

Kind Regards, Alimn

I see you haven't been taking part in the tweetathon Alimn. And don't claim ignorance, remember when I saw you on that Virtua Fighter stream and told you about it? Hmm HMMM? Here's my supposition: your perhaps not the #1 Yu Suzuki fanboy you claim to be!! That's right. I went there.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Surge101 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:46 pm

So... did they ever mention anything about Spectrum?
Surge101
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Snakiest » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:29 pm

Sega is sitting on its hands thinking nothing about Shennue. I'm pretty sure of that. They have tons of profitable trash, why would they risk to go big? I don't know... I'll never abandon hope, but I'm sceptical.
Snakiest

Postby alimn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:36 am

mue 26 wrote:

Kind Regards, Alimn

I see you haven't been taking part in the tweetathon Alimn. And don't claim ignorance, remember when I saw you on that Virtua Fighter stream and told you about it? Hmm HMMM? Here's my supposition: your perhaps not the #1 Yu Suzuki fanboy you claim to be!! That's right. I went there.

With all honesty I don't remember what you told me on VF stream and can't remember, please remind me,
I've not been really active on Dojo for the past years, so all I've been able to do for Shenmue is posting about it on my social feed.

Regarding supporting the tweetathon, I don't use much Twitter, I usually hit it up during major events such as E3, but whenever I've seen something regarding that I've tried to do something like retweeting or posting about it on my FB feed (If you check my Twitter, you might see that I've taken once or twice, plus people I follow are mostly from Shenmue500K)

Anyhow I am very happy to see that Shenmue 500K has just gone too forward and whatever or not regarding the fact that if I think the #YuGiveTheShenmueLicense is gonna work or not, I think it's the best move to force SEGA for doing something.

Best,
Alimn

alimn has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, mue 26
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:08 am

Ahaha, I'm only teasing you alimn.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: alimn
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby HOSKINGJ » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:28 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting on these forums but have dropped in on them from time to time as I'm very grateful for the work many of you do in bringing the world the latest information on the Shenmue universe.

I, like you, am desperate for an HD remake and am painfully aware of the lack of information and agonising rumours.

Well, I attended E3 this year and knowing that numerous official reps from Sega would be there I thought their stand would be the best place to try and get an update.

I headed to their PR reception asking if someone would be able to provide clarification or an update on documented comments made by Sega Brand Manager, Ben Hawthorne (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLHOjeZ8hO8).

I was asked to wait for a while and then about 5 minutes later was introduced to a representative from Sega's European office based in London. He asked not to be quoted so I will not post who he is on here but you are welcome to message me privately and I can give you more information, however I want to respect his openness with me.

He explained that he still gets asked about HD remakes and Shenmue III all the time. He was aware of the video and Sega representative in question but said unfortunately that both from a professional and personal perspective that simply nothing had come to light and that he knew of nothing to suggested the project did exist. However, he also explained that of course something could well be going on behind closed doors somewhere but he was sincere in explaining there simply is no new information he knew about.

I know this isn't exactly a triumphant confirmation of Shenmue III but thought you'd all appreciate whatever official updates we can get.
HOSKINGJ
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby QWERTY » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:20 am

ALIMN! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I LOVE YOU.

YOU
ARE
NOT
A
MICROSOFT