should SEGA die if it meant continuing shenmue?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

should SEGA seppuku for shenmue? (Total votes: 28)

yes, let them die.
68%
no, I want them to live forever.
32%

Re: should SEGA die if it meant continuing shenmue?

Postby R3N » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:40 am

Why people blame Sega so much ?
Its not Sega fault is that parasite called sammy that is stopping Sega to reach its old glory.

I think Sammy should die instead. I really hope it does. That there is some kind of scandal or that Sammy executives especially Hajime Satomi end up in complete ruin.
I hope Japanese would just stop playing pachinko and spend their time and money in something else then Sammy would go bankrupt and it will have no other choice that to sell what is left of Sega.
They really ruined Sega I wish microsoft would brought SEGA instead then we would have had a better chance of having a shenmue sequel with an american company. SegaSammy of Japan does not care much of people opinions that are out of Japan.

R3N has received a thanks from: Axm
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ys » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:37 pm

I've read a lot about the changes when Sammy took over and it wasn't too pretty. The way they closed and merged teams was extremely detrimental to Sega. Before Sammy, Sega had teams that were largely specialized in a certain genre and they all had their own culture and management styles. Then Sammy comes along and throws together teams who used to make totally different games..to sometimes have them work on another genre. It surprises me that they still managed to kind of continue considering this.

But on topic : I would almost vote yes these days. I would even rather see Sony buy the rights and try to do the series justice as intended by Yu. Which says a lot coming from me since I used to hate the idea, you know early DC/PS2 era and all ... :P But I actually suspect that Sony could do it justice and make sure that it gets the right attention. I mean, they do support some less commercial games here and there and maybe they could gather some key figures from back then to work on the project?

ys has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Giorgio, The_Intruder
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 pm

"Sega? Sega? SEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAAA!?"
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Previous

Return to Shenmue III