Re: Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

Postby Dicimania » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Great, thank you for your help LGS
Dicimania
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:48 pm

@SEGA #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense @Sony #LetsPlayShemue?
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:14 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: @SEGA #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense @Sony #LetsPlayShemue?

Again for now I would avoid using lesser supported hashtags so that Sony are only drawn to click on the one with the most search results. So instead of the above you might consider saying:

@SEGA #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense @Sony Let's play Shenmue!

Better yet, just as a general Tweetathon tip, is to not begin your tweet with a username. Because when you do, Twitter interprets it as a conversation between you and that username, and the tweet won't appear in your followers' newsfeeds. Since the Tweetathon's aim is to spread the visibility of everyone's appeals for Shenmue, ideally you want all your tweets to be seen by your followers, who might then retweet you to their followers.

A quick and dirty solution to this problem is to insert a dot right at the beginning of the example tweet above, so that Sega's username isn't the very first part of the message:

.@SEGA #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense @Sony Let's play Shenmue!

This would then be seen by your followers (as well as Sega and Sony, of course).

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: ShenmueTree, Yama
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Yama » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: If you want Sony to witness the largest possible demand for Shenmue then it's really worth focusing on the hashtag that most people will be using on December 3rd, and that's #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense. Whether it seems like the most appropriate phrase or not, clicking on this hashtag will uncover a wealth of support for Shenmue, and it's that general principle that matters, regardless of how it's expressed semantically. Don't encourage Sony to click on a less established hashtag when they could instead be clicking on one that turns up more search results, each of which will demonstrate just as much love for Shenmue as anything Sony-specific. The message is ultimately the same, but louder.

After this Tweetathon it will be full steam ahead with a new hashtag and ways in which to use it, but on December 3rd we have to play our strongest suit and that is currently #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense.

Not sure if written to me or not, but I wasn't saying anything otherwise. I'd never not use #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense, it's by far the most powerful when crawled. Fully agreed. I'm speaking specifically in regards to what was mentioned previously, focusing on porting the games first, etc. It's just irrelevant at this point how they do it, I just want it to get done like everyone else. And personally, I think a fresh start or retelling would be best, the ports simply wouldn't be as powerful, especially being multiple generations ahead now. But I'd take anything, I just don't want to tell them how to do it as a community, that's not our job. Our job is to get them to make it, the rest is up to them.

#GiveYuTheShenmueLicense. I'm ready to roll.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Yama wrote:Not sure if written to me or not, but I wasn't saying anything otherwise.

I was responding to Axm's post immediately before mine, where he appeared to be suggesting a Sony-related hashtag.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Everything Axm does is Sony-related.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Axm
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yama » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:43 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Everything Axm does is Sony-related.

Other than buying a Bone this upcoming week. :mrgreen:

Yama has received a thanks from: Axm
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 am

He's getting it as an early Christmas (or is it birthday?) present, so technically it doesn't count.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Axm
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:15 pm

^This is why I love my persona on these forums. Mitts knows I am labeling the Xbone as a gift and not something im actively "choosing" to buy because I want to remain seemingly exclusive to Sony loyalty. While Yama knows i'm hyped to wait 8+ hours in line for it and will probably have more fun with the Xbone at launch then the PS4 I have in my possession but have yet to open.
:rotflmao:

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Yama wrote:Not sure if written to me or not, but I wasn't saying anything otherwise.

I was responding to Axm's post immediately before mine, where he appeared to be suggesting a Sony-related hashtag.

And id ofcourse always be doing the #GiveYuTheShenmueLicence aswell. LGS I think you've done a great job leading this and im willing to follow the leader on these things going forward. So I look forward to an additional Sony hash tag whenever you want to start executing on it.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:18 am

Axm wrote:i'm hyped to wait 8+ hours in line for it and will probably have more fun with the Xbone at launch then the PS4

LIES
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:42 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:
Axm wrote:i'm hyped to wait 8+ hours in line for it and will probably have more fun with the Xbone at launch then the PS4

LIES

My mind says XBone while my heart says PS4. And my body? Well, lets not discuss the possibilities.
My wife has a hard enough time knowing I once had a framed portrait of Yu Suzuki.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:14 am

If your house was on fire and you had to choose between saving your wife or Yu Suzuki, any sensible person knows you'd Afterburner.

(You can quote that on the cover of your autobiography, Suzuki-san.)

Let's Get Sweaty has received 4 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ, mue 26, nskachu
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:49 pm

^
Your best yet, congrats.

My wife has a hard enough time knowing I once had a framed portrait of Yu Suzuki.

lol, is this true? Do you have a picture of it? You beat even AliMN hands down in Yu Suzuki fan boy stakes if true.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:02 am

mue 26 wrote:^
Your best yet, congrats.

lol, is this true? Do you have a picture of it? You beat even AliMN hands down in Yu Suzuki fan boy stakes if true.

I dont have the pic I took of it anymore, but I assure you its a real thing I did. I also have his personal business card.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:11 am

Excellent news as I have pre ordered a PS4!
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III