Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:11 pm

A Facebook "Event" to invite friends to, if you're so inclined: https://facebook.com/events/559144940826274/

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Stocke » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:46 pm

I am seriously starting to get my hopes up, but i know from the past that's a bad idea.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Giorgio » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:49 pm

south carmain wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Here's another opportunity to amplify the statement we've already made to Sony.

The UK's Official PlayStation Magazine is querying Facebook users on which game or series you want to see on PS4 that hasn't already been announced for the next gen. "Best" answers will appear in issue 92 of the magazine, on sale December 20th. Let's see if we can get Shenmue featured in Sony's own publication and maybe stoke some fires...

http://facebook.com/OfficialPlayStation ... 2933184677

can we please get this as a first page announcement?

Yeah, man! Shenmue Dojo mustn't sleep! Now it's the time to wake up! Now it's the time for Shenmue! Keep the buzz going! :D Vote for Shenmue! Put it in the front page of Shenmue Dojo! Wake up! Do something!

I wish Shenmue Dojo was more active, at least lately with all the Sony <3 Shenmue buzz going on! I would like SD to look like as this page: http://yakuzafan.com/ (or any better similar site). Be active! Keep the ball rolling!

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:A Facebook "Event" to invite friends to, if you're so inclined: https://facebook.com/events/559144940826274/

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby mue 26 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:30 pm

Put the <3 on the fucking banner.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenSun » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 pm

I have to agree. This place is never active, especially in terms of front page updates, promotions, events etc. It seems like the Team Yu guys and 500k are the only ones who make a real effort to still push this series.

Everyone has to come together now more so then ever. You've all probably seen my mini rant list on what needs to be done in order to get Shenmue back in the spot light. Unfortunately, those who have more resources then the average forum user tend to pull a Sega on us when we need them most.

I just hope that this time next year, there are not tons of people bitching about another Shenmue, when they didn't do fuck all to get it noticed when a grand opportunity presented itself.

Looking at the Yakuza fanbase and how active they are, its no surprise that their franchise is on Sony's list.

come on people

ShenSun has received a thanks from: Giorgio
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:05 pm

The site doesn't allow any poster to make front page news, they're all hand picked. Keeps quality control high but far as I can tell the only active news poster is Ziming? Tells you all you need to know, I barely see him on the boards outside of YouTube updates..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ShenSun » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:08 pm

#GiveTeamYuSomeRightsToUpdateTheDojoFrontPage
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Do people even visit the front page on a regular basis? Obviously traffic stats could prove this idea very wrong but I imagine it would only be used by lapsed fans who randomly think about Shenmue once in a blue moon and pop in to see what's going on. Anybody a little more switched on and likely to catch news like this in time to respond would be paying more attention to the forum these days, I'd have thought.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby mue 26 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Same, but Yama alluded to regular front page traffic a while ago, if I recall correctly.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Do people even visit the front page on a regular basis? Obviously traffic stats could prove this idea very wrong but I imagine it would only be used by lapsed fans who randomly think about Shenmue once in a blue moon and pop in to see what's going on. Anybody a little more switched on and likely to catch news like this in time to respond would be paying more attention to the forum these days, I'd have thought.

Regular members like us probably don't on a regular basis, but I'd like to think when there's big Shenmue news, I'll point out Sony's #BuildingTheList recently, people look us up and join the forums obviously through what they see on the front page. If it isn't properly kept up to date people must be passing us by..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: The site doesn't allow any poster to make front page news, they're all hand picked. Keeps quality control high but far as I can tell the only active news poster is Ziming? Tells you all you need to know, I barely see him on the boards outside of YouTube updates..

Ziming is busy being a badass right now putting something together that will hopefully be a nice surprise for you all. I can't say that it'll make the front page, but I can say that its been long in the making and that the whole community will finally be able to enjoy it over turkey.

phpBB [video]

Rakim has received a thanks from: Ziming
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Certainly hope so, I love the SD YouTube channel for all the Shenmue II music.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Clicked on that FB link and I see NOTHING but a sea Shenmue requests. It's moments like this that I appreciate just what a stellar job Team Yu and Shenmue 5 k have done.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenSun » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Now this is what i'm talking about

phpBB [video]

Bloody awesome job Adam. Everyone continue that Shenmue pressure.

The fire has already begun

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPlayStationMagazine/posts/601862933184677

Next step, Update the facebook pages

Put this news on the front page of the Dojo

Post Adams video on the Shenmue Dojo Youtube channel.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:29 am

Is it april 1st? *checks calendar* no... FUCK NO ITS NOT! [-o<

I must be dreaming, need to get my head checked, need to lay off the pot, idk something?!!

I think the words I have read are actually legit... maybe just maybe... theres a chance. :)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III