Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:46 pm

I just tweeted them all lecturing them how Shenmue III would be an awe inspiring exclusive.

ThyDarkAngel has received a thanks from: Axm
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Re:

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Axm wrote:So now when we do our monthly tweets we should do #GiveSonyThe ShenmueLicence or something to that effect @shuheiyoshida @adamboyes

After December 3rd the monthly campaign will undergo some big changes, including a revised hashtag that fits right in with this purpose.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Axm
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Axm » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Axm wrote:So now when we do our monthly tweets we should do #GiveSonyThe ShenmueLicence or something to that effect @shuheiyoshida @adamboyes

After December 3rd the monthly campaign will undergo some big changes, including a revised hashtag that fits right in with this purpose.

Do you think rather because of this recent news, we should focus on it as soon a possible to gain ground in the message?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby BlueMue » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Regarding give the license to Sony... I still hope that Sega is somehow involved, at least with HD Ports / Remakes. I said this before and I'll say it again. Shenmue would take a hit without Sega because the related stuff like the capsule toys and arcade games had to go. Imagine Ryo having a PSX in the living room instead of the Saturn. :lol:
Just wanted to point that out here again...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:25 pm

If Sony get the Shenmue licence they'll probabley give it to Team Ico to make after the Last Guardian knowing our luck.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:33 pm

After killing SEGA and the dreamcast, it only seems fair for Sony and Playstation to give us shemoooooo back.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, wude
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:41 pm

The aim of the project is to work with third parties to bring their games to Sony platforms, not to make those games first party. Sega would have to be involved.

Axm wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:

Do you think rather because of this recent news, we should focus on it as soon a possible to gain ground in the message?

There's a lot to organize for the campaign changes, and the Thunderclap for December 3rd already has a social reach of over 50,000 with its pre-loaded #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense tweets. I fully expect people to target Sony during this Tweetathon but it's not so easy to pull the trigger on the new hashtag and the other format alterations that will go along with it. Sony's exploration into which games they can and should bring to PS4 and Vita will be a long process by their own admission, so we can allow ourselves a little time to get the methods right.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Giorgio
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:13 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: After killing SEGA and the dreamcast, it only seems fair for Sony and Playstation to give us shemoooooo back.

Funny, innit? The villain back then may well have become the hero now.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Giorgio
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm planning to add an extra day to my tweets as well as tweeting a new Sony related one.

So I will be tweeting

#SonyLetsDoShenmue
And
#GiveYuTheShenmueLicense

On the third and the sixth of every month. I think that just getting Shenmue ported over to PS is more important to the immediate cause and should take priority from here on out as Sony has officially mentioned interest in the series while it is mums the word from SEGA. After it is released we can then go nuclear on the SIII campaign. So I'll tweet the usual but with more emphasis in Sony's camp.

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: Axm
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

Postby Yama » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Let's not be too specific. We've had nothing. Let's just tell them to support Shenmue and leave it at that, no mixed signals. If they want to release it all in a single condensed game, that's fine. If they do ports and a third installment, that's fine too. Let's just get Shenmue, the shape or form is irrelevant at this point. Just make the focal point Sony reviving the series, however they choose to do so. Less mixed signals and more clear support = better results.

Will be sure to help promote this widespread.

Yama has received 3 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty, nskachu
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:09 pm

#SonySupportShenmue ?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:26 pm

If you want Sony to witness the largest possible demand for Shenmue then it's really worth focusing on the hashtag that most people will be using on December 3rd, and that's #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense. Whether it seems like the most appropriate phrase or not, clicking on this hashtag will uncover a wealth of support for Shenmue, and it's that general principle that matters, regardless of how it's expressed semantically. Don't encourage Sony to click on a less established hashtag when they could instead be clicking on one that turns up more search results, each of which will demonstrate just as much love for Shenmue as anything Sony-specific. The message is ultimately the same, but louder.

After this Tweetathon it will be full steam ahead with a new hashtag and ways in which to use it, but on December 3rd we have to play our strongest suit and that is currently #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, nskachu
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dicimania » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:03 pm

I have no twitter account (I use only FB), but I will make now one for the Shenmue demanding tweets.
As I am new to twitter, can anyone explain how to "tweet to #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense" ?
Is #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense a channel or just a hashtag?
Sorry, maybe some dumb questions, as I know completely nothing about twitter...

Is that the same as FB posting to the wall - status, but I have to include #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense ?
Or must I find a special twitter account (like Sony, Shenmue, Yu Suzuki) and post my tweet there?

Thx for your help.

Dicimania has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Dicimania
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:15 pm

A hashtag is just something to include in your tweet, so that when other people read your tweet and click on the hashtag, it will link them to a search for other tweets containing the same hashtag, posted by anybody.

You can post your tweet from anywhere on the site using a button at the top-right of the page. If you want Sega's community team to see it, you can "mention" their username somewhere in your tweet, like this: @sega

Watching this video (best in fullscreen mode) may help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmDHTN1U4dk

If you still can't get the hang of navigating Twitter after creating your account, you can use your account to support the Tweetathon via Thunderclap, which will post your tweet for you automatically on December 3rd.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III