Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:58 am

DUDE! Seriously subject matter is fine but man GET TO THE POINT! You drag so much shit out in this video and repeat yourself way too much, I ended up falling asleep! Seriously no joke, I fell asleep.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby AdamKoralik » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:33 am

Glad I could help you nap then.

Everyone wants it to be quick, but it takes a long time to decrypt all the problems. If you don't cover your bases, then you just get people asking the same questions over and over again.
AdamKoralik
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:41 am

Don't you point to other videos throughout it though? Why can't you just do it for other points? I honestly don't think you understand how little of what you talk about is actually relevant to the subject matter.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Radar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 am

I think topic subject should be changed to - "Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4 in a case Sony will take care of it" Then yes, it's makes sence. But as MiTT3NZ mentioned before there's been no actual news regarding Shenmue. And why Sony is the only one who can bring us Shenmue? Is it just because of this article http://kotaku.com/sonys-giant-list-of-v ... 1463345943 ? Nobody actually promised us anything! All we hear is just words empty of meaning. And as I see, for now, the chanses that Shenmue will be released by Sony or Sega or by crowdfunding or something else are almost equal. It would be more interesting if Adam made a video about why Shenmue's future makes sence at all.
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Giorgio » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:45 pm

In a few words, I think the point on why PS4 is the appropriate console for Shenmue (in the basis of considering and comparing the sales and the audience kind, of the three major console manufacturers), may arise from these facts:
  • A Xbox console is not the one most of the gamers will go for JRPGs and it is not successful in all regions, that is not successful in Japan.
  • Wii U (currently) does not sell well worldwide. (Otherwise, it would be an appropriate one.)
  • A PlayStation console is the one a lot of gamers will go for JRPGs and it is successful in all regions, including Japan. Furthermore, as the current reports show, PS4 sells better than the Xbox One (and both of them have the merits to outsold Wii U).

I will say the classic saying that, whatever the console, the game is I care the most. Even if Wii U will take it (if they are really obsessed with finding one game that can sell consoles), personally I will take it (and I am not indicating here that I like or not like, Wii U).

Epilogically, consider this post.

As for why Shenmue's future makes sense, pardon me but I can not answer that question unbiased, because me and a lot of others Shenmue fans we struggle every so and often, almost every day, to make our voices being heard, to make Shenmue's future bright and make sense (for those who only look at numbers).

Giorgio has received a thanks from: nskachu
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Latin King » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:33 pm

Radar wrote:It would be more interesting if Adam made a video about why Shenmue's future makes sence at all.

Really? If you're a Shenmue fan, it should make perfect sense. Shenmue's future makes sense to us because we want to finish the story. I don't think non-Shenmue fans really care if it makes sense or not, so what would be the point of making a video about that?
Latin King
West Coast

Postby south carmain » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Rakim wrote:
Latin King wrote:
mue 26 wrote: @Latin King

Because posts like this:

and this:

are generally not fun to read.

That was just a friendly debate :lol:

EDIT: I think I'm gonna make a donation to this place, not digging the "funny bear burger clerk" thing.

And Rakim, who is that woman in your signature?

TANO Yuka(田野優花) of AKB48. Too much kawaii I know.

Also if you do end up donating there's a thread around here somewhere, I can't find it right now, that you gotta post in to let the powers that be aware so your donator status can be activated. At least that's how I think it works. I'm too stingy to actually donate myself so I'm hazy on the details.

edit: @south carmain please explain that one. If its a joke it went way over my head. I'm sitting here making up weird pronunciations of that up to try and make sense out of it :lol:

I was just taking the piss, I've got bad habits of making juvenile jokes to wind people up

south carmain has received a thanks from: Rakim
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Radar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:41 pm

No, don't get me wrong here guys, I'm not saying that Shenmue have no future! Of course I hope that Shenume series will continue, and fck, I think Shenmue just deserved to be continued. But at least for now, I don't see realistic ways of how to make it real, and I just wonder maybe you can see them? But it's probably subject for another topic, probably for this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46154 , now you can hate me..
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RyoDC » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:09 am

Very strange opinion.
Shenmue can have future on any existing platform.
RyoDC
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby SledgeNE » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:57 am

Well, Sony is a japanese concern. But MGS 5 will released on two consoles and it is a japanese production. My wish for a new Shenmue or Shenmue HD is subtitles in every languages. But i think Sony must produce so many PS4-Consoles for millions of customers. I am very exciting looking forward to March 2014.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby AdamKoralik » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Metal Gear Solid is a no risk series at this point, Shenmue is a gamble.
AdamKoralik

Postby Giorgio » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:20 am

Almost 4 years ago, almost the same idea:
phpBB [video]
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:59 am

Holy arguments Batman.

I agree with Adam.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby krizzex » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:13 pm

oops, double post.
Last edited by krizzex on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krizzex
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby krizzex » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 pm

This sounds like Sony fanatacism to me. All things only make sense on Sony's hardware to Sony fans even if and when it makes companies go bankrupt from what I've observed over the years.

Logically, it would be best on Nintendo hardware as SEGA themevels have even admitted that their products do better on Nintendo hardware than on any other. It would also be the cheapest option.

Given that main reason their is no Shenmue is do to the series being associated with critical monetary losses for SEGA, putting it on the hardware with the "highest" development cost seems like the least logical idea. Also, Sony's customer base has shown that they don't really buy games that aren't about gun or gore.

It would make more sense to release it on the PS3/360 or even the Wii , or all current gen platforms than the PS4 with all things considered.
krizzex
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III