I can't be the only guy who doesn't want Shenmue 3, right?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: I can't be the only guy who doesn't want Shenmue 3, righ

Postby Half Dead » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:31 am

Axm wrote:Sounds like you were just never a real Shenmue fan to begin with. You didnt quite understand what it still means to all of us.

If being a "real fan" of something means I have to reach the levels of fanaticism and bleeding passion seen on this website, then I've never been a "real fan" of anything in my life.

When I found out Shenmue II wasn't being released on the DC in the US, I was in line at FuncoLand waiting to ask an employee why. I sent a letter (you know, written by hand) to Sega requesting a release. I've been a fan since 1999 and a sporadic visitor of this website since 2002.
Half Dead
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Giorgio » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:59 am

Someone has a lot of time to waste debating with Shenmue fans...

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Rakim
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Half Dead » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:55 am

I'm going to take a very wild guess and say your definition of "a lot" differs heavily from mine.
Half Dead

Postby Wolfgame » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:39 am

Half Dead wrote: I'm going to take a very wild guess and say your definition of "a lot" differs heavily from mine.

That's the same argument many users here have been making, we are waiting and hoping for a Shenmue 3, but that doesn't mean we are somehow stagnant in life, listlessly drifting by in some delusional dream until Shenmue 3 releases and saves us. It is a small but significant part of who we are as Shenmue fans. I would like for you to elaborate, what is the end game of this topic? If it had gone as you anticipated what was the ideal reaction you were hoping to see?

Wolfgame has received a thanks from: Axm
Wolfgame
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:16 pm

The same reaction people hope to see when they post a comment saying "PC Master Race" :D But going back to that previous idea Wolfgame stated; it's just one part of our lives. It's not something that encompasses our entire being and that's all we live for. There's nothing wrong with campaigning for something you like or believe in.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Half Dead » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:57 pm

Wolfgame wrote:
Half Dead wrote: I'm going to take a very wild guess and say your definition of "a lot" differs heavily from mine.

That's the same argument many users here have been making, we are waiting and hoping for a Shenmue 3, but that doesn't mean we are somehow stagnant in life, listlessly drifting by in some delusional dream until Shenmue 3 releases and saves us. It is a small but significant part of who we are as Shenmue fans. I would like for you to elaborate, what is the end game of this topic? If it had gone as you anticipated what was the ideal reaction you were hoping to see?

I'm discussing my opinion and predictions on a topic I occasionally give thought to. That's allowed here, right? I've always been under the impression that's what open forums are for. I rarely start topics of conversation with an "end game" in mind. I'm talking freely, not conducting a thesis.

Yokosuka Martian wrote: There's nothing wrong with campaigning for something you like or believe in.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'm not sure anyone wouldn't.
Half Dead

Postby Axm » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:26 pm

Half Dead wrote:
Axm wrote:Sounds like you were just never a real Shenmue fan to begin with. You didnt quite understand what it still means to all of us.

If being a "real fan" of something means I have to reach the levels of fanaticism and bleeding passion seen on this website, then I've never been a "real fan" of anything in my life.

We hardly have any bleeding fanatics here who's lives are completely consumed by Shenmue as if it was their only preoccupation in life. Most of us are in their late 20's, some married, many have much more important things in life and Shenmue remains a source of entertainment we are indeed very passionate about.
Please get over yourself. People can be fans of something and stay fans of something especially if that something is incomplete.
Do you see many auto enthusiasts enjoy a beautiful car missing essential parts? Do you see many fans of movies or a book series missing it's sequels and being fine with that? It's not often people enjoy incomplete things.
Yes, you sir are in the minority when it comes to not wanting Shenmue 3. Have fun with that.
Last edited by Axm on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:28 pm

The realization that a sequel being funded or even interested in, and the fire second.

:???: um ok.

There was a stage I was foolish enough and unfamiliar with how life works when I truly believed purchasing capsule toys and sending them to Sega was going to get the attention of decision makers.

What did she do to you, bro?

I'm discussing my opinion and predictions on a topic I occasionally give thought to. That's allowed here, right? I've always been under the impression that's what open forums are for. I rarely start topics of conversation with an "end game" in mind. I'm talking freely, not conducting a thesis.

I don't think anyone really has a problem with you actively not wanting Shenmue 3, in fact I've talked to other Shenmue fans with that opinion. But I think what people here are taking issue with is the condescending tone of your original post, you weren't just expressing your views on the game, you were telling us to "just give up" and suggesting we should be embarrassed by our "failures". You want to dream and discuss about the "impossible", well go for it, start a thread about that, like many people already do, but don't tell us what we should or shouldn't be doing with our time. You deserve that buzzkill of the year award.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:36 pm

The owner of this thread is just trolling; don't let that person catch more fishes with the provided bait. It doesn't surprise me that that person has already got "Thanks" from other trolls who dwell here ...or demi-trolls.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:39 pm

I don't think most of us would be sour about it if SEGA actually acknowledged the fanbase even a little bit and admitted that we are never getting a sequel. But since they have remained so, so damn ignorant over the years, it's only right that we as Shenmue fans, pester them until they ultimately announce one way, or another (oh no), the fate of the series. Think of it like being an incessant child that just wants attention. Yes, I'm making us sound bad by saying that, but let's be honest here, SEGA really need to stop stringing us along with the indefinite answers and just let us know already. The indecisiveness is really annoying. So is the complete radio silence. We've been patient enough with SEGA over the years, I think.

And hey, if there's even a chance that it may happen, you're damn right we'd try to make it happen.
Regarding part of your post, I think almost all discussions relating to Shenmue I, Shenmue II, Shenmue Online and all other related Shenmue media and Shenmue theories have been almost exhausted at this point, so it's about time we got Shenmue III. So we have something new to discuss... :)

Half Dead, are you in reality, worried that if III comes to pass, that you'd be disappointed by it, after all of this time? Is that your concern?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:07 pm

Giorgio wrote: The owner of this thread is just trolling; don't let that person catch more fishes with the provided bait. It doesn't surprise me that that person has already got "Thanks" from other trolls who dwell here ...or demi-trolls.

:roll:
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby nskachu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:13 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: If you don't think it's worth the effort to keep trying new ways to bring about Shenmue III, then that's entirely your choice. You can retire to your cave and forget all about it. Good for you. Enjoy. But you have no right whatsoever to tell anyone else to give it up and that they should be embarrassed for trying. Be it for a videogame sequel or anything else in life. Shame on you for that.

Kick... in... tha... nuts. =D>

We took the path of the warrior. It was up to us, so go home.
nskachu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with feelings

Postby Half Dead » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:08 am

Henry Spencer wrote:Half Dead, are you in reality, worried that if III comes to pass, that you'd be disappointed by it, after all of this time? Is that your concern?

I think that's a different topic entirely, but since I've already disclaimed I'd be one of the first people to buy a console to play it I might as well come out and say yes, I have little doubt it'd be a disappointing game. From a story perspective it might be satisfying, but the genre has little room for innovation anymore, unless Shenmue 3 were to be produced by the same people behind the previous entries.

MiTT3NZ wrote:
Giorgio wrote: The owner of this thread is just trolling; don't let that person catch more fishes with the provided bait. It doesn't surprise me that that person has already got "Thanks" from other trolls who dwell here ...or demi-trolls.

Don't worry, dude - if you've experienced online forum culture for long enough then you will become accustomed to the fact many people have been abused and the product of their trauma is to preemptively accuse others of "trolling" before their hearts receive more damage. It seems that anyone online who makes a remotely controversial or different statement from the grain is immediately outed as someone pulling a prank. I learned to ignore it.
Half Dead

Postby nskachu » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:54 am

Half Dead wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:Half Dead, are you in reality, worried that if III comes to pass, that you'd be disappointed by it, after all of this time? Is that your concern?

I think that's a different topic entirely, but since I've already disclaimed I'd be one of the first people to buy a console to play it I might as well come out and say yes, I have little doubt it'd be a disappointing game. From a story perspective it might be satisfying, but the genre has little room for innovation anymore, unless Shenmue 3 were to be produced by the same people behind the previous entries.

MiTT3NZ wrote:

Don't worry, dude - if you've experienced online forum culture for long enough then you will become accustomed to the fact many people have been abused and the product of their trauma is to preemptively accuse others of "trolling" before their hearts receive more damage. It seems that anyone online who makes a remotely controversial or different statement from the grain is immediately outed as someone pulling a prank. I learned to ignore it.

Don't you see that you are by this telling most of us indirectly to ignore just what you say? Kind of paradox, isn't it?

nskachu has received a thanks from: Axm
nskachu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with feelings

Postby mrandyk » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:19 pm

If you're going to actively be against another installment, do it for the right reason. The team that made the game disbanded many years ago, and Sega is a joke now. If a third game came out it would be just terrible I imagine, and we'd forever have to live with that sullying of the franchise.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III