Shigeru Miyamoto asking what games we want for WiiU

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shigeru Miyamoto asking what games we want for WiiU

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:07 pm

OL wrote:I almost want to say I'd rather not have it at all at this point. The wait has ruined any chance of it being particularly well-received. It's been too built-up in the minds of established fans. I can't imagine us being anything other than underwhelmed by it. And aside from that, technology has jumped to such a degree that no matter if the game turns out just as originally planned, there will still be a serious sense of discord in the atmosphere of it next to the originals.
It's almost better just to dream at this point.

I can understand the concern in it meeting our expectations but the thing about the atmosphere?

Atmosphere isn't strictly defined by the technology. It's simply created by design choices. The music, the architecture of the enviroment, the art style, the overall game feel can all be kept intact in a Shenmue on current hardware.

Of course you can't expect a new Shenmue to feel exactly like the original. Even Shenmue II had so many technical advancements and even design choices that made it quite a bit different from the first one. I don't think a current tech Shenmue would clash much with the original ones atmosphere wise. The enhanced graphics, effects and animation could increase it without any bad side effect imo.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shigeru Miyamoto asking what games we want for WiiU

Postby chris1986 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:04 pm

I don't think Shigeru Miyamoto is willing to risk Shenmue on the Wii U at all, mainly due to the fact that the Wii U isn't doing that great financially, and seeing how Shenmue is a risk due to it's reputation of putting sega out of business. Couple those 2 things together and I highly doubt we will be seeing this become a reality.
chris1986
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Previous

Return to Shenmue III