Any one here still hope

Postby Totti » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:12 am

Any one here still hope for me my self finish I loose hope
Totti
Banned
Banned

Re: Any one here still hope

Postby Axm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:02 am

One here any hope still self my loose hope... think I.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Totti » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:32 am

Ok keep hope yu Suzuki will show u shenmue 3 at tgs loool
Totti
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:44 am

I have hope in that if SEGA were to make a videogame with the concept of "free", they would just cash-in in Shenmue's appeal/hype and easy marketing.

Sadly I don't think the market actually wants a game like Shenmue.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby mrslig100 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:03 am

I came here for shenmue and im not going untill shenmue!
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Giorgio » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:05 am

Peter Moore says it better:
Peter Moore wrote:I'm with you. Huge fan of the game, but I don't believe another iteration can ever be made. Hope springs eternal though!
https://twitter.com/petermooreEA/status/416672017476100096
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:04 am

Why give up now? The last 8-9 years gave infinitely more reasons to do so.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:48 pm

Drawings on magic screen come back if beast in sky like red water dripping from goat head think me.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Axm
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Axm » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:33 am

Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:24 pm

shengoro86 reporting in for Shenmue 3 duty!
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby _StreetSonic_ » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Shenmue never I hope...wait?!
_StreetSonic_
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:57 am

Well... hoping for another Shenmue game is a very long story...

Most of us have been waiting for a decade, if not more. I have played Shenmue at the japanese release so i can admit that its been a while now. Shenmue, more than 10 years ago was way ahead of other games and even now its still surpassing some. But the mechanics are old, the camera was not that great (lets face it) and it can be improved.

If Shenmue III is not coming out somedays, i am pretty sure we will get the ending anyway. Not sure if Yu Suzuki will be allowed to speak out during a conf and give us the ending or post a japanese script on the net, release a comic book, a novel, or whatever else is possible, but somedays, its just gonna happen. I do not see him dying (it will happen somedays and sad to say it but Yu is not immortal and is not young either...) without telling us what was supposed to happen next.

Now we have to focus on what we really want, since we represent the Shenmue community :

- Just want to know the ending ? No need to build a game just for that, Yu can pretty much make a power point or like i said above, a comic book, just like the one we had when Niao Sun was talking to Ziming.

- You want the ending, but want to experience it through another game, then it will probably have to be more than Shenmue III, unless he cut many parts and unnecessary ones. To be honest, i am in that group, i'd rather have a comic book than nothing, but if i could get a game, i'd like to play it, and to be honest, its been more than a decade but i am still thinking about Shenmue everday. It might sounds crazy but thats the truth. This game left a mark on me and i cant erase it.

I do have hope for both projects, it being a comic book/novel or even Shenmue III/IV the game. But if i analyze the current situation, its unlikely that Shenmue III will come out. Its been like 10 years, no one cared and no one was there to fund it and help Yu Suzuki. Why would they help him now ? I mean, they could, they have the money so that shouldn't be an issue, but i dont know why, i feel like no one is going to back that man up and thats truly sad, especially after seeing what he has done for the gaming industry... Okay, he has been rewarded and has been recognized as blablabla, but that man has worked his whole life on Shenmue (or atleast a BIG BIG part of his life) and i am sure he'd rather get the chance to produce it than any reward or trophy to put anywhere in his appartment.

If i give up now, it will just mean that i do not believe in Yu Suzuki anymore and his will of creating it and since i am backing him up (in my own way...) i dont feel like stopping now. I want him too, to keep trying. Dreams are not easily achieved and finishing the Shenmue saga is, i bet, the dream of his life. That's all the man has left now but he's struggling with mobile games and sadly, i doubt it's going to lead him anywhere...

And for us, as fans, we will have to accept (no doubts about that) that, if Shenmue III comes out, changes will be made. Gameplay has to change in order to please not just us, but the new players that might be interested. After waiting for so long, i am pretty sure that most of us will be disappointed, somehow, by how the game will be. If they use the exact same game mechanics from Shenmue I and II, they will go bankrupt, it wont work, we all know that.

However, if they change it some without killing it, it could work. Last time i was talking about Sleeping Dogs because its like one of the game that is close to it (but far from it, dont make me say that Sleeping Dogs is as awesome as shenmue is! :mrgreen: ), and since its open world, martial arts too, they could use the same engine in order to save some money for the project. Or they could also use the Yakuza / Ryu Ga Gotoku Engine. No need to build a new one from scratch, they'd just have to redo the models and make em work for it. Not sure if the gameplay from Yakuza would work tho... its not smooth enough.

Anyway, not sure why i've been so far to write all of this since i could answer with a short reply, but felt like giving my 2 cents.

To whoever feeling like Shenmue is not worth it anymore and feeling like he should give up, you could, i'd understand. No one should wait for such a long time, thats crazy. But yeah.... without noticing it, i think, Shenmue fans are, most likely, the most crazy ones on the internet.

May Shenmue III happens, somedays... My body is ready ! \:D/
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby marcbret87 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:13 am

Aizen 59:

I completely agree with pretty much everything you say and it summarizes my thoughts on the situation. In the last year or so I was getting my hopes up given the talk by Mark Cerny that Shenmue III was the most requested PS4 game, his appearance in Yu's post-mortem on Shenmue, the ShenIII in Sonic All Stars Racing... But then, the E3 comes and no mention of Shenmue again. Its also surprising for me that Sony or Microsoft don't offer the possibility of a joint collaboration with Sega to make the game, or that at least Shenmue I and II HD were released. I can't say I have lost hope but I also don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed again.

I also agree with what you say about ending. Ideally, we would all want a Shenmue III or even a Shenmue III/IV to tell the ending of the story, but if that is not possible I would still want the ending to be released in some way. I guess the fact that the ending has not been released shows that Yu still has some hope in Shenmue III happening. If the game ended up happening of course some things would have to change: Controls, pacing of the game... That is a given and I am totally okay with that. Having played Shenmue II again recently I recognize those issues, even if back in the day the could be overlooked because of the game excelling in many other aspects.

About Yu dying I wouldn't worry about it that much. The guy is still 56 and Japanese men tend to live around 80 years, but of course the older he gets the less likely he is to make the game.
marcbret87
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby johnvivant » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:04 am

good point about yu suzuki's age. i highly doubt he is going to be involved in making games once he is over 65.

that means shen 3 needs to happen before june 10th 2023. less than 9 years away. considering how quickly that last 10 years of waiting has flown by, it doesn't seem that long.

but then again it could happen without him. not impossible.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:38 am

Shenmue III and all the other games of the serie are going to be released for the DC when we are all 80 years old and suzuki near 130. The kids will be playing their COD super advanced warfare dark ops 5 with cats on their PS10... meanwhile, we will finally end the saga and iron palm trees in excitement while drinking sake. fuck yea.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue III