Conversation with Giocorsi (From LanDC at PSX)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Conversation with Giocorsi (From LanDC at PSX)

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:06 am

It's good we have an advocate in Gio Corsi. I've held out in buying a next-gen console but it's looking more and more like PS4.

As for the HD remakes. I have no doubt we'll see them one day. Especially if they're already made.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby japalp » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:44 pm

For the next interview with Yu Suzuki, I would love to see someone ask him what his plan is for Shenmue 3. In essence, does he personally feel that a re-release of the first 2 games is necessary, or does he think he can get people up to speed with what has transpired in a different way? He hasn't made it sound like he thinks getting the HD versions of the first two games are necessary or high on his priority list.
japalp
Dojo Actuary
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Breath of the Wild

Postby alexh86 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:55 pm

He hasn't made it sound like he thinks getting the HD versions of the first two games are necessary or high on his priority list.

I really hope they are able to re-release the first two games. Part of the reason Shenmue II failed on the Xbox in the US (I think) was that anyone who hadn't owned a Dreamcast wasn't anxiously waiting for the game. The movie that came with the Xbox version is pretty bad, you miss so much. I'd hate to see them pack a Shenmue I & II movie in with a new release. If Sony were able to announce work was underway on Shenmue III and Shenmue I and II are available on PSN (hopefully we'd get a physical release too) that same day, they could generate quite a bit of excitement for the upcoming game and people would have time to get into the first two games as well.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby JMan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:09 am

I imagine S1+2 HD will be used as promotional PSN downloads when the third game is announced similar to how Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls have been put on PSN in preparation for Yakuza 5.

Also wouldn't be surprised if Shenmue 3/4 start out as PSN episodic releases.
JMan

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby BlueMue » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:45 am

I'd personally hate it if they release Shenmue III in episodes. I really want it as a whole package without all the preivews at the end and flashbacks at the beginning of every episode. And most important, I don't want to be left with a cliffhanger again. I imagine the hopeless feeling at the end of every episode. The question if the next one is really going to come out.

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Axm, KX-5
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby JMan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:53 pm

BlueMue wrote:And most important, I don't want to be left with a cliffhanger again. I imagine the hopeless feeling at the end of every episode. The question if the next one is really going to come out.

Oh god no, I can see it now:

Shenmue III Episode 1 - 25th November 2015

In this highly anticipated continuation of one of the most beloved games of all time Ryo continues his quest for vengeance accompanied by the beautiful Shenhua Ling. What secrets will he discover in Bailu village? Who is the enigmatic Niao Sun who stalks their every move? Immerse yourself in the stunning continuation of the Shenmue saga. The Story Goes On.

Shenmue III Episode 2 - 4th June 2040

So...after THAT delay, Ryo and Shenhua arrive in Luoyang in pursuit of a powerful grand master. However things are not as they seem as Shenhua discovers her hidden potential and the nefarious Lan Di arises from the shadows for a glorious reunion set to blow you out of your shorts. We all know Suzuki loves to significantly age his audience per instalment to make each release more meaningful; there is no exception here. The Story Goes On.

Shenmue III Episode 3 - 12th February 2398

For any of you still living, its cancelled.
JMan

Postby Giorgio » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:23 pm

phpBB [video]

There is a special message at the end, 9:10.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Giorgio » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Sony’s Gio Corsi talks about potential Shenmue HD release
http://gameidealist.com/news/sonys-gio- ... lease-311/
Gio Corsi, Director of Third Party Production for PlayStation, made several comments about the potential of a Shenmue HD release during the recent PlayStation Experience event. He told a long time hardcore fan of the series, Matthew Kilpatrick, that he is paying attention to the numerous requests about the game. He also advised fans to not give up, adding that it took Sony a year to get Sega to release the Japan-only Yakuza 5 in English.

Mr. Corsi is actually a fan of Shenmue himself as he has a statue of Ryo driving a forklift in his office. Furthermore, he also told another fan who happens to post on NeoGAF that a HD release is also his “number one” personal request. At the same time, he admitted that there are several issues holding back Shenmue HD.

Another poster on NeoGAF previously indicated that a working prototype of Shenmue existed on the Xbox 360. Unfortunately, the HD release apparently had several legal issues with licensing due to the game engine. Along with the lackluster sales of Jet Set Radio and Nights rereleases, Shenmue HD never made it out of the prototype stage.

With that said, the Third Party Production was able to bring Suikoden 2 on the PlayStation Network and the above-mentioned English release of Yakuza 5. Therefore, Shenmue fans should definitely keep trying to persuade both Sony and Sega.

Thanks to the Shenmue Dojo Community Forum for compiling all the reports from the PlayStation Experience attendees.

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Axm
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby KX-5 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:56 am

Giorgio wrote:
phpBB [video]

There is a special message at the end, 9:10.

Holy crap...HOW DID ANYONE NOT TALK ABOUT THIS o.O. This is so good that we have an ally with some amount of pull. This is a great time for us indeedly ^.^
KX-5
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Shadow_Exodus
Currently playing: L.A. Noire

Postby Supa » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Am I missing something? I see the tacked on #SaveShenmue bit, but is that the special message you are talking about?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Previous

Return to Shenmue III