Possible Shenmue announcement in 2015?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Possible Shenmue announcement in 2015?

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:26 am

There's also loads of sponsorships like for instance Timex and other third party developers who helped with the development on the game such as Nex Entertainment (formerly Nextech Corporation) and Quintet (yes, they helped develop Shenmue! Just noticed them in the credits this time when I beat Shenmue 1 for the umpteenth time).

Just loads and loads of legalities to sort out. That's no doubt what Gio Corsi was inferring to that guy on NeoGAF about there being "loads of issues" to be sorted out.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:41 am

Ok, so I didn't really understand the phrase "teething issues." I have a 15 month old, so the first thing I think of is a baby teething. But I looked it up and it's apparently a British phrase meaning "the difficulties or problems that arise during the initial stages of a project, enterprise, etc."

He also says the game with "teething issues" isn't a fighting game. I assume he means strictly a fighting game like Mortal Kombat. I wouldn't consider Shenmue a fighting game, but it does have fighting elements and if you walked in on someone playing it having seen nothing else of the game you would think it was a fighting game.

As for games #11 and #12 he doesn't say they're Sega related, correct?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Giorgio » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:34 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:[...] I wouldn't consider Shenmue a fighting game, but it does have fighting elements and if you walked in on someone playing it having seen nothing else of the game you would think it was a fighting game. [...]

In my view: Indeed (I agree), Shenmue is not a fighting game, like, it is not a Quick Timer Events game or a Conversation game. All these single interactive elements serve to deliver the virtual experience/immersion, the story, the atmosphere et cetera, but they do not define it. (I know what you mean, though; most people's first impression would be that, or something else from Shenmue's various experiences, like, capsule toys, soft drinks, QTEs, Conversation, Search->Open (Interact)-> Observe drawers et cetera.)
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby KX-5 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:12 pm

BlueMue wrote:
KX-5 wrote:I'm confused BlueMue, is Sega supposed to announce something new next monday?

No, not that. Next monday is Shenmue's 15th anniversary. I'm just curious to see if they acknowledge that.

Damn....its been 15 years already? I guess we'll see if they say anything this year, some acknowledgement on Segas behalf would be nice...Suzuki is busy though ;p
KX-5
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Shadow_Exodus
Currently playing: L.A. Noire

Postby Dragon Light » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Really hoping for a SEGA console and S3 of course, we'll see what happens.fingers x
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Esppiral » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:24 pm

A man can Dream.
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby AhmedHazuki » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:03 pm

After reading the recent polygon article about Yu Suzuki, the probability of Shenmue being announced is very low. He is still in the "planning phase", let alone game development of any sorts. It seems like he has moved on to selling video game ideas rather than making them which is one of the biggest crimes in the gaming industry. Such wasted talent...I just hate how he is not being recognized by the bigger corperations. Sony funded Michel Ancel's new indie studio with the game WiLD,Nintendo funded for bayonetta 2 and for itagaki's game Devil's third. Why can't Yu Suzuki have the same privileges they get?
AhmedHazuki
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: ahmedhazuki
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Infamous,Darksiders.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:09 pm

It also sounds like a new IP. The fact that it doesn't reference anywhere that it's an existin one, only "unnamed", and the "teething issues" bit will be referring to the fact that developers haven't really had access to the new tech long enough for everything to run smoothly. Also, if it was Shenmue, he wouldn't have said "it's not a fighting game", he would've instead alluded more to the fact that fighting isn't the primary focus of the game.

...and what the guy above me said.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:52 pm

AhmedHazuki wrote:It seems like he has moved on to selling video game ideas rather than making them which is one of the biggest crimes in the gaming industry.

...Adam Sandler, is like, a ninja. But he's actually Rob Schneider. Rated PG-13.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ninja Trigger » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:24 pm

I am really hoping this will be the year we see Shenmue return.

but why is it that 3 seems to be the breaking point for so many games. Think about it

Shenmue 3 still waiting
Megaman Legends 3-Cancelled
Half Life 3- no mention of anything

There are others I'm sure but those are the top 3 I can think of

Anyway here's to keeping up the hope of a new Shenmue 2015
Ninja Trigger
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby JMan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Sometimes with sequels the third can be the hardest to do. The first one establishes everything. The second, if done well, improves upon It to critical acclaim. Then you get to the third and you have to beat the acclaim of the second while also innovating at the same time to make sure things don't feel stale. Can have a lot of pressure in game design I guess, especially with a dormant series.

I've noticed people who don't really know much about Shenmue tend to call it an RPG. Its very unlikely they'll call it a fighting game since the fighting scenes are kind of sprinkled in for about a minute per 1-2 hours or so.
JMan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby AM2 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:32 am

I don't think he's referring to Shenmue at all, I think Polygon's interview with Yu Suzuki is all the proof we need to validate these rumours, as for now.

A bit off-topic, So he's claiming that Virtua Fighter 6 for PS4 will get announced/released before the arcade version?
Never happened before, in 21 years...Console ports always lagged a year or two.
AM2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Life

Postby Nigkonun » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:16 pm

If Shenmue hd or 3 comes out, it will most likely be a exclusive On ps4 or Xbox one
Nigkonun
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Nigkon

Postby YAZUKI PS4 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:45 am

I hope sony or microsoft buy shenmue 3 i dont have hopes for sega yu suzuki AM2 make shenmue 3 :king: :heart: =D>
YAZUKI PS4

Currently playing: PS4

Postby veilcerpin » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:00 pm

I do not even have high hopes for an HD release of S1 and 2, let alone an announcement for S3...We have gotten a Post Mortem and a direct interview with Yu regarding the state of shenmue and other games he is working on. Nothing from those two events have proven to suggest that we will be getting any new news on Shenmue this year.

We as a community are making alot of noise. The right people are starting to take notice and soon it will bear fruit. If anything I am very excited to see ANY news about shenmue at all in today's video game media. Keep up the Shenmue noise and the suits are bound to do something... someday....
veilcerpin
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Hearthstone

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III