(FAKE) Have you guys seen this?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: (FAKE) Have you guys seen this?

Postby Axm » Wed May 20, 2015 8:46 am

Besides the fact that its obviously fake, wouldnt this actually be quite a cool way to reveal it?

Pedals falling down while the jacket is unziped..Ryo catches a leaf inbetween his fingers..BOOM a golden roman numeral 3 appears..

Cut to Yu Suzuki standing on stage. He holds up 3 fingers in the air in the most gangster pose he can muster, yet still slightly awkward in a Japanese way.
He then throws his hand down and BOOM.. in-door fireworks.

We all spontaniously wet ourselves in unison.
Fin.

Axm has received a thanks from: BlueMue
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Giorgio » Wed May 20, 2015 10:40 am

Giorgio has received 2 thanks from: BlueMue, myshtuff
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby lavrentis » Wed May 20, 2015 3:48 pm

:(((((((
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby asdfguy » Wed May 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Pretty obvious that it's fake. Why would a game be on PS4 and Steam and not Xbox One? Pretty much all the games that are on PS4 and Steam are on Xbox One as well. And Windows 10 will be running the same core codes as PC and Xbox so it's much easier to port Xbox One games to PC, vise versa.
asdfguy
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby KiBa » Thu May 21, 2015 11:46 am

Could be this <http://hd4desktop.com/18726-deviantart-jacket-leather-hd-wallpaper/> pretty famous wallpaper originally archived on DeviantArt. I've used it as a Shenmue wall for years.

KiBa has received a thanks from: Giorgio
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Shenmue 3 E3 2015 NOW OR NEVER

Postby sand4fish » Thu May 21, 2015 4:19 pm

So here is the newest rumor: http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/20/shenmue-3-planning-e3-reveal-from-sega-and-square-enix-claim-rumours-5206998/

I've been a member for a while, but I never really engaged in the forum section due to me losing hope for the franchise being brought back. Bitterness aside, I guess this year will the last straw I'll be grabbing regarding any Shenmue 3 development news. Suzuki has been talking about Shenmue in game conferences for a while now, a MS high up mentioned Shenmue last year (though just a remark) and now this rumor that Square Enix might be involved in the game. The company has been know for bringing back dead franchises (Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs aka True Crime Hong Kong)... So I believe the chances are better than it has been, specially considering Sleeping Dogs being the closest to a Shenmue spiritual successor. What do you guys think? :???:
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Shenmue 3 E3 2015 NOW OR NEVER

Postby Giorgio » Thu May 21, 2015 4:36 pm

Nah... 3.3.2033 would be the perfect date. Here, this pic say so. :devillaugh:

Seriously speaking:
instead of infinitely hoping and being dissapointed every time, get actively pushing/campaigning: TeamYu.net (#SaveShenmue), if you want some real progress to be made. - Shenmue fans doing it every 3rd of the month on Twitter.

It's the campaign that put Shenmue into the ears of Sony PlayStation ("Sony Wants To Bring Shenmue To PlayStation"), to consider Shenmue HD ports or remasters for their console.

It's a shame gaming websites choose to cover a hoax (because this is a hoax, not a rumour), instead of something that actually brings (and can bring more) good results, that is the #SaveShenmue campaign. [They can't resist the idea that click-bait would bring site traffic and ad revenue...]

Giorgio has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Re: Shenmue 3 E3 2015 NOW OR NEVER

Postby sand4fish » Thu May 21, 2015 4:40 pm

Oh damn... I knew it was too good to be true. They got me as the HOAX is being covered by many game websites. Well now I know at least. Thanks Giorgio!

EDIT: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread btw
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jeff » Thu May 21, 2015 5:59 pm

I really wanted to believe it until I realized a few things:

1. Why are they announcing this game in the US first at E3? I was a heavily geared game to Japan markets, why all of a sudden is the US the first to be told?

2. Steam? Really? If this game did come to pass why on earth wouldn't a developer jump to make it an exclusive, in turn also providing additional funding to make the game? Why wouldn't it be solely on Sony who has a stranglehold on that market and a solid relationship with Square Enix?

3. Why is the image quality of this footage looks like it was taken by a camera phone in 2008? It's being displayed on a flatscreen. Usually when such images of something leaked are so poor in image quality it was done so on purpose so that you can't see photoshopping signs and whatnot.

I don't think it's far fetched for Sega to contract with a company like Square Enix. I think now with where gaming is now and where Sega is now compared to 15 years ago they would need support. Worst case scenario, let them make it with their creative input and let Sega collect royalties, that way it shields them from liabilities if it's a dud. They can't lose doing that. Sadly, Japanese companies and their culture are so rigid that they seldom go outside the box on business moves and there is danger if someone proposed such a thing to their careers.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby sand4fish » Fri May 22, 2015 3:33 pm

They are surely getting creative, I'll give them that. Well, that's always the next year.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby kensei77 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:47 am

When I first saw this I thought "how does this look like Shenmue related? It's just a brown jacket and white t-shirt." Then a day later I looked again and noticed the cuts in the leaves and then the other picture of emblem...my heart skipped a beat, I hadn't been that excited in years...it has slowly wore off now after finding out that the image wasn't released officially and reading people's comments. But you know what? I've done my research and my brain storming and I'm going to say that the time is right for Shenmue and that we will hear something at E3. I have a feeling this time we will get the news we have all been waiting for.
kensei77
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby alexh86 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:13 am

As long as Sony's Third Party Productions still exists and is still compiling a fan-generated list of games to partially fund and get made, there is still slim hope. We know Shenmue has topped that list from the jump. I don't expect the Sega that exists today to ever actually do anything exciting on its own, however.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Brian SII DC vs Xbox » Mon May 25, 2015 10:29 am

Another fake? It would be good to see Shenmue on next gen consoles in HD and finally get to the end of this very long story.

Brian SII DC vs Xbox has received a thanks from: Peter
Brian SII DC vs Xbox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Mon May 25, 2015 11:54 am

Good to see you again Brian. :)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Brian SII DC vs Xbox » Wed May 27, 2015 7:18 am

Peter wrote: Good to see you again Brian. :)

Thanks Peter, Good to be back.
Brian SII DC vs Xbox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III