Why this could be the time for Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Why this could be the time for Shenmue 3

Postby kensei77 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:54 am

A few days ago I was online and saw the picture from an undisclosed source of a brown leather jacket with a zipper, white t-shirt and 3 pink petals. I thought, "what's the big deal? It's a brown jacket and a white shirt." Then a day later I realized there was 1 cut in the first petal, 2 in the second, and 3 in the third....my heart stopped! I immediately thought "SHENMUE 3!" Then I read that it wasn't an official picture. Still, with that I felt hope, and here's why;

Over the past year or so there have been many Yu Suzuki interviews, all of which he as mentioned a continuation of the series. He has teased us with the "III" at a conference (or whatever it was he was at) he was at and then said he did it as a joke. People have voted and there have been rumors of Shenmue 1 & 2 HD. With all this being done SEGA and Mr Suzuki has had to have taken notice..and taken notice of fan's cry for Shenmue 3 over the past 10 years.

The picture that was recently "leaked" was first made public from Japan...from Japan, the country of origin. Yu has tried to make Shenmue Online, which shows his dedication to keeping Shenmue alive, Yu has teased us with the "III", rumors of Shenmue 3 on PS4, Shenmue HD, official word of Shenmue continuing from Yu himself, re-opening of Yu Suzuki's twitter account, posting of the man that had effect on one of the styles from Shenmue 2....all in time for E3.

If there is any time that Shenmue 3 is most likely to be announced, now would be the time. I have high hopes we will hear something, like you all, I have been waiting for so long for the story to be continued.

Fans of this series come from all walks of life. I was around 23 years old when Shenmue was first released, I was seriously into martial arts and huge into Asian culture. I tried Shenmue on a whim and it had everything that I loved, martial arts, Japan, Japanese and Chinese culture...It changed my life, literally. Shenmue gave me that hair under my but to go to Japan, I went to Japan and made multiple trips there staying over 3 months on one visit. Because of Shenmue and driving into me my love for Japanese culture, I met my wife (who is Japanese). Now we have 3 children. Would I have met her if it wasn't for Shenmue? Probably not. Would my children have been born? Probably some children, but not the ones I look at daily today. They also know of Shenmue, have played or seen me play it (except for my 6 week old son, but he'll get his share soon ;-) ). I'm sure there's people out there with similar experiences as me where Shenmue has affected their life in a positive way.

Anyway, I've rambled enough, but this series means so much to me and I wish everyday that this will be completed, and I feel that the time is right for there to be an announcement that the series will go on. I have a good feeling about it this time, so many things point us in that direction. Just a few more weeks. [-o<
kensei77
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Why this could be the time for Shenmue 3

Postby Brosauce » Thu May 28, 2015 5:24 am

I highly doubt it. Look at all the failed hope in the past years. These are all major coincidences. And they're a down right bitch.
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

PSN: Playstation Network
XBL: Xbox Live
Nintendo FC: Nintendo Network
Steam: Steam ID
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Education

Postby JohnBlack » Thu May 28, 2015 8:01 am

Well, bigfoot is not exist. Why? Because animal of such size requires somewhere near 5,000-7,000 calories every day. So you dont even need to search for bigfoot in the forest. There is just no such place with so much food for it. Even if its exist, there have to be rapid loss in animal population in the area.

So Shenmue III is not exist. Its not like small indie game that one can do in rpg maker. Game of such size is like really huge. There is hundereds of people working in development/marketing. Its not something you do on the kitchen and suddenly announce it. GTA V was announced almost 2 years before actual release, but rumours and leaks with strong facts was all over the internet for a long time. Rockstar were hiring people for "new AAA project". But look Yu Suzuki interview with Polygon, he is not looks like working with big team on a big title. Look all this "leaks" - I hope im wrong, but all of them like "I saw something, but i cant say where it came from", "One guy tell another guy, who acidentially brother of my friend's father" and so on.
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby sand4fish » Thu May 28, 2015 11:06 am

Not happening unfortunately. This is a hoax, not a rumor. I fell for it too.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby alexh86 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:11 pm

Not because of this rumor, but I do think it's possible that an announcement could come during this console generation. If it does, it will be a PS4 exclusive. We know Sega isn't making this game on its own so it's going to need a partner (which would have to be a console maker, which means they'd want an exclusive). Xbox division brass has said on Twitter they have no interest in Shenmue at all--so they are out. Nintendo had a deal with Sega to make a handful of Wii U exclusive games but all they've done with that contract is churn out more terrible Sonic games. Sony makes the most sense because they want to be the "gamer's" console, they've marketed themselves as such since the unveiling event before PS4 launched. What would appeal to the hardcore gamer and move consoles more than Shenmue? They've been compiling a list of series' that fans want rebooted and their new Third Party Productions team has actually been getting a few of them made each year. In fact, Adam Boyes once mentioned in an interview that three of the series he hears the most are FF Type-0, Yakuza 5 (western localization) and Shenmue. Final Fantasy came out recently, Yakuza 5 is getting its western localization later this year, the only game he mentioned that is yet to release/announce is Shenmue! Could we be on the verge of at least getting games one and two on PS4? Who knows?!
alexh86

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby kensei77 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:04 am

Told you guys. Gotta have hope! :rotflmao:

kensei77 has received a thanks from: Chaikilla
kensei77
Fuku-san
Fuku-san