SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER!

Postby Acquiescence » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:25 am

I wish I joined this site earlier. I've been a fan of Shenmue ever since playing it for the first time on Christmas Day of the year it was released on the Dreamcast; it's an incredibly special series that has always been dear to my heart. I don't know why I put off registering at Shenmue Dojo for so long, but I'm glad I eventually did, a mere two days before the Shenmue III Kickstarter was announced. I'm overjoyed at the announcement, at the reaction, and at the rapid rate at which the pledges are going up. It's an ungodly hour where I am right now and I can't think straight, so I'll get some sleep and then read the entire Kickstarter page before putting my pledge in, probably for around $300 or so. Congratulations to you all, the diehard fans of this site who never stopped believing and never stopped campaigning. Now the dream is becoming a reality.

What a day.
Acquiescence
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:27 am

Im still crying. I cannot believe this. 10 years, and thank you Michael Huber for immortalising the most perfect reaction to a Shenmue fan watching. It was an honour to watch their stream live in conjunction with the main scream on my tv.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:27 am

ys wrote: Hi Sonoshee. I remember.
By the way, no surprise return yet from guys like LanDC or Bluecast/Ryudo? Especially LanDC was very much into the series but might have moved on totally? Maybe some more from "back in the day" will show up within the next few days.

Hey ys! It's nice that someone remembers me! Is Henry Spencer still around?
Sadly there hasn't been much reason to come back over the last few years, with info dwindling. Now we can look to the future! KS is already over $1 million \:D/ The target should be hit easily in one day.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:28 am

Like others have said, it's very likely that the game won't be solely funded through Kickstarter. The kickstarter money could drum up investor interest, or there can be some sort of publishing deal or money contingent on hitting a certain amount. Otherwise, there's no reason this should be a console exclusive to ps4.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby alexh86 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:29 am

$100 backer, can't wait!

Don't forget, $2m isn't our end goal. $2.5m gets cinema shorts of the first two games for those who need to get up to speed. $2.9m gets subtitles for several more European languages, $4m gets more features and one new expanded environment. Two more expanded environments were mentioned in the video but it's unknown what we would need to raise in order to get those goals. I'd also love to have the option of PS4 physical!
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86

Postby Raithos » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:35 am

So funny, most of us who typically never back Kickstaters just dropped $100's of dollars on this lol. Me, OL and AG all at the $300 tier, Axm at $500 lol wow

Raithos has received 2 thanks from: alexh86, OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:37 am

alexh86 wrote: $100 backer, can't wait!

Don't forget, $2m isn't our end goal. $2.5m gets cinema shorts of the first two games for those who need to get up to speed. $2.9m gets subtitles for several more European languages, $4m gets more features and one new expanded environment. Two more expanded environments were mentioned in the video but it's unknown what we would need to raise in order to get those goals. I'd also love to have the option of PS4 physical!

I'm pretty sure the Kickstarter funding is just a way of showing Sony that we're committed to putting our money where our mouth is. People WILL buy it and once they see the success of the KS, they'll be putting the funding in. I find it difficult to believe they'd allow a KS on their presentation unless they were really that keen.

Raithos wrote: So funny, most of us who typically never back Kickstaters just dropped $100's of dollars on this lol. Me, OL and AG all at the $300 tier, Axm at $500 lol wow

I donated $300 too, with more to follow. :)
Last edited by Sonoshee on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby code l name » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:38 am

It's pretty amazing, seeing this come full circle.

By the way I would love to hear Kiyuu or anyone else very familar with the first two games budget discuss the assembled staff that's on the Kickstarter page.

Anyone recognize these guys;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ys ... ero_thanks
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby OL » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:39 am

Raithos wrote:So funny, most of us who typically never back Kickstaters just dropped $100's of dollars on this lol. Me, OL and AG all at the $300 tier, Axm at $500 lol wow

^^Yeah, I didn't even think I would get THAT excited, but I sort of lost my composure for a minute. :lol:
It's weird how you can think your feelings about something you used to love have drifted away somewhat, but a reminder of it can just send you flying.
Technically, I just dropped around 430 bucks on the Shenmue series as a whole (finally just grabbed Shenmue II DC, plus the kickstarter). Didn't realize any videogame could do this to me.
Luckily my bank account is strong at the moment. :lol:

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby BlueMue » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:40 am

I'm gonna call it a day and what a day it was... Still not really tired but I need to let all this sink in and settle down for a while. Probably gonna have the best dreams ever. Thank you all, you're the best!
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby munchmunch » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:41 am

Man my brothers are all asleep, and when they wake up they'll go insane when they find this out.
munchmunch

Postby DL30 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:49 am

It's too bad Kickstarter doesn't allow you to make multiple tier donations(Or do they?).
I'd like to collect all the different versions of the game if possible.
DL30

Postby Locke_cole » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:51 am

The Dojo should make a donation so the site ends up in the credits!
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Neo-Ryo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:53 am

I'm still in shock hours later. Man I was 13 when I came here, posted for quite awhile before eventually I stopped coming. Never gave up hope though. So glad to see other players coming back. Has B_Ren shown up yet?
Neo-Ryo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ys » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:55 am

Locke_cole wrote: The Dojo should make a donation so the site ends up in the credits!

Yeah, that also crossed my mind. On the other hand, the Dojo should be included by the team as a thanks for keeping up the spirit for all those years.

Earlier today I was reading an article about E3 in a local paper where the journalist was saying that E3 had become more predictable lately and wasn't as good as before. So he was hoping for a few small surprises at least. Considering that this guy wrote before about appreciating Shenmue I wonder what his reaction was now :P
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III