SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Postby Amir » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Hadoken Hazuki wrote: This makes me wonder how much Sony are actually going to be backing the game.

On one hand, I get that they've said Kickstarter was a way of asking the fans to put their money where their mouth is, but on the other hand, the fact that Free Battles, Subtitles etc. are being thrown around as possible stretch goals may mean that Sony aren't going to be backing it as much as we think. Surely those kinda features would be givens for a Shenmue game with comfortable financial support?

Maybe they'll match the kickstarter donations, i.e. if we raise $5 mill they'll pitch in another $5 mill? Who knows, but I don't think extra areas will actually come as cheap as the stretch goals make them out to be, there'll be some extra funding definitely to realise those fully.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Ryuman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:38 pm

Hey guys, really excited about all this. Even as a new fan of around a year or so. That said, this is much more for all you who have been a part of this for so much longer.

Anyway, what could this mean? > https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/611216321099927552
Santa Monica helping with Shenmue 3?
Ryuman
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: KH 2.5

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Amir wrote:
Hadoken Hazuki wrote: This makes me wonder how much Sony are actually going to be backing the game.

On one hand, I get that they've said Kickstarter was a way of asking the fans to put their money where their mouth is, but on the other hand, the fact that Free Battles, Subtitles etc. are being thrown around as possible stretch goals may mean that Sony aren't going to be backing it as much as we think. Surely those kinda features would be givens for a Shenmue game with comfortable financial support?

Maybe they'll match the kickstarter donations, i.e. if we raise $5 mill they'll pitch in another $5 mill? Who knows, but I don't think extra areas will actually come as cheap as the stretch goals make them out to be, there'll be some extra funding definitely to realise those fully.

I'm very confident Sony will back this one with big bucks, but it will all depend on how the Kickstarter numbers will end. Games like the Yakuza series cost about $20 mil to make, so I estimate Shenmue 3 to have that much to work with in the end.
Last edited by sand4fish on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:41 pm

What's this about FREE battles being stretch goals? It's not on the stretch goal list?

I think that comparing it to Bloodstained, it may reach 6 million. Unfortunately, revealing Sony's involvement has gotten ire form some people, and I think that may damage the Kickstarters potential to make money because now people think there's no reason to donate because Sony is backing it.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby elmatto » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:46 pm

Himuro wrote: What's this about FREE battles being stretch goals? It's not on the stretch goal list?

I think that comparing it to Bloodstained, it may reach 6 million. Unfortunately, revealing Sony's involvement has gotten ire form some people, and I think that may damage the Kickstarters potential to make money because now people think there's no reason to donate because Sony is backing it.

That seems silly to me.
I know Sony is huge, but considering the history you'd think people would realize that mo money means more features. So why not just throw everything we got at it?
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:47 pm

elmatto wrote:
Himuro wrote: What's this about FREE battles being stretch goals? It's not on the stretch goal list?

That seems silly to me.
I know Sony is huge, but considering the history you'd think people would realize that mo money means more features. So why not just throw everything we got at it?

Don't ask me. Check out sites like neogaf that have had a negative reaction to the Sony news.

Amir wrote:
Hadoken Hazuki wrote: It'll 100% reach all of it's currently listed stretch goals, but then they'll list more stretch goals, presumably including the required amount for the extended Bailu Village and Choubu areas. That'll hopefully help to maintain donation momentum!

Also in that French interview that just came out Suzuki stated an arcade is a stretch goal, and in the PlayStation blog post he mentioned something about the FREE battle system or a FREE battle extra as another goal. Maybe these will be combined with one of the area stretch goals like the mini-games are for the expanded Baisha village? Who knows, I'm guessing they'll go up to at least $5.5 mill for stretch goals after the success of Bloodstained.

What French interview?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Hadoken Hazuki » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:49 pm

What's this about FREE battles being stretch goals? It's not on the stretch goal list?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/ ... ii-on-ps4/

He mentions that through donations the game may see "the addition of a FREE Battle system". So it could be a future stretch goal once the campaign inevitably reaches all of the ones currently shown.
Hadoken Hazuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:51 pm

It's kind of strange, if it has negatively impacted it. I would have thought that knowing Sony will be there to help ensure it really happens, would have given people more confidence and encouragement to donate.

At this stage all we know is that Sony will apparently provide some limited funding, it's unlikely to be megabucks. The game is going to need all the support it can get from us.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby elmatto » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:53 pm

mue 26 wrote: It's kind of strange, if it has negatively impacted it. I would have thought that knowing Sony will be there to help ensure it really happens, would have given people more confidence and encouragement to donate.

At this stage all we know is that Sony will apparently provide some limited funding, it's unlikely to be megabucks. The game is going to need all the support it can get from us.

Exactly.
After waiting so long, why leave anything to chance at this point?
Some people just have an axe to grind I guess.
elmatto

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:55 pm

mue 26 wrote: It's kind of strange, if it has negatively impacted it. I would have thought that knowing Sony will be there to help ensure it really happens, would have given people more confidence and encouragement to donate.

People feel lied to. They (stupidly) thought they were completely funding III through Kickstarter. Now with someone like Sony backing it they question why the game needed their money for donations. Basically, they can't see the forest for the trees and are having a negative reaction. There's also MS fans who played II and don't like being told there's no possibility of an Xbox version because Sony is funding it.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby MaxTheRabbit » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Hadoken Hazuki wrote:

He mentions that through donations the game may see "the addition of a FREE Battle system". So it could be a future stretch goal once the campaign inevitably reaches all of the ones currently shown.

maybe instead of the randoms you talk to on the street saying "I'm sorry I'm really busy now" or whatever, now you can just whip their ass to get the information
MaxTheRabbit
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:06 pm

MaxTheRabbit wrote:
Hadoken Hazuki wrote:

maybe instead of the randoms you talk to on the street saying "I'm sorry I'm really busy now" or whatever, now you can just whip their ass to get the information

That isn't Shenmue.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Amir » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:07 pm

Himuro wrote:
What French interview?

phpBB [video]
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Himuro wrote:
MaxTheRabbit wrote:
Hadoken Hazuki wrote:

That isn't Shenmue.

Yeah, definitely. That looks more like GTA.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:10 pm

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/51493-e3-20 ... stien-abde

The story begins directly where that of Shenmue II had ended.

Yu Suzuki is planning to integrate Arcade games Shenmue III (as was the case in the first two episodes), via a games room which is also part of the bearings to unlock in the Kickstarter campaign.

Yu Suzuki promises many new gameplay elements for Shenmue III . Players can for example retrieve fighting techniques of parchment. They will be part of the combat system and can be unlocked in the mini-games, participating in gambling, and during quests. The scrolls will unlock super moves and increase the capabilities of Ryo.

On the relationship between the studio Yu Suzuki and SEGA , the creator of Shenmue explained that the reports are excellent and given that SEGA all elements from Shenmue 1 and 2 with his new team needs. Yu Suzuki also took the opportunity to remind that it is always Advisor at SEGA.

Yu Suzuki returned to the first images that we discovered in the video: it's not cinematic, but the game really as it is today, with the prototype. It also turns penny Unreal Engine 4.

Cedric Biscay, the French behind the project says about him he is in charge of finding some funding and promote Shenmue III . He also said he will look into all of the PC version of the game.

If they stick to their schedule, they hope to release the game end of 2017 (the Kickstarter clearly announces the month of December 2017.

We have news of Shenmue 3 on February 27, during the MAGIC show in Monaco where Yu Suzuki will be present to tell us more.

It's a rough google translation but sounds like to me that SEGA is handing over anything he wants from the previous games and anything that may have been made for Shenmue III back in the day.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III