SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Postby karl_87 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:03 am

Ok guys, I've been a long time reader on this site but never had an account. Today I made one just so I can say the following words......

OMFGGOGFMFMGOGMKFOMGOFMGOFWTFTHISISGFINALLYHAPPENIGNICANTBELIEVEI
WTFOMGOOMFOGMOMFIOTGWOPGM,GFIANNLYSHENJUE3SHENMU3ASHENMU3SHENU
E3YEEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSwtfoyeoemswoesgymtgsmkfzsomzsdkzsDZSL
karl_87
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:07 am

Fuck off Kenny and go play Tekken. :P

TwiceFriedRice has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:11 am

Europe, and the UK is now waking up to a world with Shenmue III

I can't believe I actually typed that.

Peter has received a thanks from: Birty
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:12 am

Anyone here knows who bought the jacket? I hope it's someone from this forum =)
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Lando » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:13 am

I pledged 2000 USD right off the bat, will add more when I get my sumemr work bonus.
I love each and every one of you, I legit cried fopr 2 minutes when this was announced. When they played the tune, my god, best second of my life probably.
I joined this board 10 years ago, and I've been waiting for this game for 14 years. I can't believe this is not a dream,. or better yet, a dream come true.
Lando
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:15 am

I am in work now, but Chat needs to be preserved some way. A transcript to the moment it actually went live. I couldn't type at all my hands were shaking
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Shenmuedabest » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:16 am

I watched it all kick off in the chat room last night as I couldn't sleep due to chronic toothache. I really didn't expect it to happen. It's great news, and I'll definitely be contributing and getting a PS4 because of it.
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:27 am

I know I've went on about it, but the highlight (and I will forever be unbelievably thankful for having my tablet on at the same time) of it all was the GameTrailers stream going bonkers. After watching them every week play through Shenmue 2, you really got to know the guys, and that Huber in particular are huge Shenmue fans. Me andGiorgio started linking a lot of their content recently and their hype of Shenmue was so refreshing.

The video is in the OP of this topic because it is the ultimate reaction captured of what every Shenmue fan felt like when they heard the news. God bless Huber. Also, not only that, but the day was awful, with shirty Xbox, EA and Ubisoft conferences. Then to get the Last Guardian right off the bat from Sony, then FF7, then Shenmue 3?? Man......
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:30 am

First update!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:33 am

^Peter,

We all share your joy. I can't sleep as well, not until I see the campaign hit the 2 million mark.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:33 am

ys wrote:
Kenny wrote:Anyway, not a big Shenmue fan at all. Probably the only one in the whole community who doesn't care as much.

I remember you saying long ago that you weren't a huge fan actually. So I guess that you're likely amongst a smaller group here.
I myself do care but kept things kind of cool. Though I react that way in general even if I get a job, win something, get good feedback etc. But also because I'm a bit cautious actually. I will probably get more excited if I see some progress and interesting features later on. And I would like to know the budget that they are really working with. It would really be a shame if they would have to compromise a lot due to money issues.

The Kickstarter funding is crazy though. Hopefully it leads to investors getting more reassured to back the project.

I think I'm the only one, actually.

Hopefully they're smarter with money this time and actually get more backing from private investors if that tweet is to be believed.

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Fuck off Kenny and go play Tekken. :P

Someone has to buzzkill.

Kenny has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Insurgo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:36 am

I couldn't even remember what my old username was for this forum but just had to sign up again to express how god damn happy I am. Pledging $500 right now, so happy!

It was only the other day I said on Facebook I would give me left nut for Shenmue 3 so this may have been thanks to me but where do I go to donate it?

I am going to go and stroke all my Shenmue collectables now. I feel like keeping those sealed copies of 1 and 2 on DC, What's Shenmue etc is worth it now! Considered getting rid of everything because I had given up.

OMFG made my year
Insurgo
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Kamikaze Kenny » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:39 am

Holy arse-biscuits Batman!

(and yes, I had to dig deep into my memory to remember my username and password)

Who honestly thought this could happen now? A new Shenmue?

Well, one thing's for sure - when the time comes to get a new console, it'll probably be a PS4 (got a Wii U - pity it's not being made for that, but we should see some seriously nice things on PS4).

Using Unreal is a smart move - it's a well-used system that everyone and their dog has built games in for nearly the last decade. There will be plenty of tools available and Yu Suzuki and co will be able to get stuff sorted quickly.

Any idea if it'll still be published by Sega?

I am *very* tempted to donate to this as my first foray into Kickstarter, but I really need to save the cash. By the time I know my financial situation a bit better it'll probably have closed, having achieved all it's stretch goals (we hope).
Kamikaze Kenny
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kamikaze Kenny » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:40 am

Incidentally, any chance of a Shenmue 1 & 2 re-release? I'd imagine not as I imagine Microsoft own a few of the rights to Shenmue 2.
Kamikaze Kenny
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:43 am

Sorry to go a slight bit off topic, so most of you know I leave for Australia in 5 months. But I met a girl, and we have been casually together for a month but she's cool with me leaving. She is stunning, and I'd kill to be her guy if I wasn't leaving but my mind is made up..... I must go.

Anyways we said night night and she went to sleep, but about 30 minuted after Shenmue 3 was announced, she sent me this:

I think I mentioned what the tattoo was on my arm was once, of course getting the usual oh that's interesting response back. But I'm actually starting to wonder if this one's a keeper!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III