SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Postby darksniper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:26 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Great to see all the old faces with this news. I've thrown some money on the pile..

Good to see you as well Ingram.. I donated as well and will donate more on my next paycheck
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Retroberra » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:38 pm

Wonderful! :)
Retroberra
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Neo Darts

Postby Hei » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi there, I used to frequent this site as "Hei Long" although I've lost my old account details. Former mod. Inventor of Dojo Survivor. Guitar head. Perpetrator of the myth former member IwaoHazuki is an ambassador of a particular condom range for the smaller gentleman.

Made my pledge today! Had a heads up on the news from a friend actually but was sworn to secrecy (not as if you'd have fallen for the annual "Shenmue 3 announcement at E3" post anyway!)

Just wanted to check in and I hope you're all well. I never thought it would happen. Very grateful that there are people out there much less cynical than me! You did amazing.
Hei
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Only Child » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:16 pm

What an amazing time for this little forum. Had to come back and see what the reaction was. A lot of you guys kept the faith for so long, mine faltered around 2005 / 2006. Shows you just how long fans of this series have waited.

There's been some beautiful posts here that I think we can all relate to, in fact, it's so cool that we all have the same story and have gone through similar journeys with this game. I was 15 when I first played Shenmue and will be 30 this year, I can honestly say it's never totally left my thoughts and I've listened to that gorgeous theme on YouTube at least a few times every year. I actually used to think of that theme as a fitting summation of the series itself, it being so beautiful and yet full of melancholy, it's going to be nice to hear that tune and associate it with something other than a painful nostalgia.

Also reading through this thread brought back a lot of memories, I've frequented many forums since but this one was always my favourite, man there were some crazy members, and the great thing was, if one left or got banned, another new quirky personality would turn up to wind people up all over again. Jeff, dbzrules, QWERTY, that guy was some kind of gothic cross dresser who became infamous for a picture of his dick...lmao there's a lot I'm forgetting, I know...

Anyway just thought I'd throw my two cents in, I used to go by the name Just Another Star if anyone remembers that, and another name before that which I can't remember. You kept the flame alive people, now let's watch the phoenix rise baby!!
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Abhi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:15 pm

I pledged $500 and I hope they are better rewards as I will upgrade if need be
Abhi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Ziming » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:23 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby masterchan777 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:36 pm

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/17081007.html

We need someone to translate that interview into English
masterchan777
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bambi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Hei wrote: Hi there, I used to frequent this site as "Hei Long" although I've lost my old account details. Former mod. Inventor of Dojo Survivor. Guitar head. Perpetrator of the myth former member IwaoHazuki is an ambassador of a particular condom range for the smaller gentleman.

Made my pledge today! Had a heads up on the news from a friend actually but was sworn to secrecy (not as if you'd have fallen for the annual "Shenmue 3 announcement at E3" post anyway!)

Just wanted to check in and I hope you're all well. I never thought it would happen. Very grateful that there are people out there much less cynical than me! You did amazing.

I remember you of course, James right?
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby masterchan777 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:53 pm

masterchan777

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Things I get to say in 20 years:

"Ey Mittz, remember that time we mistakenly walked in on Sony's whole 3rd party relations team talking to Yu and like a jaded prick I told you to think nothing of it? That was fun right?"

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Things I get to say now:

"I hope Beatdown bombs."
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby masterchan777 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:18 pm

Do you guys think that Sony's announcement of partnership might negatively affect the Kickstarter ?
masterchan777

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:25 pm

I'm playing Shenmue again. Does anyone know who was responsible for face animations and design? It still holds up to this day.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Luke_09 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:47 pm

masterchan777 wrote: Do you guys think that Sony's announcement of partnership might negatively affect the Kickstarter ?

That's a really interesting thought. I don't think it will negatively impact upon those who are passionate about the series and have been waiting for years to hear about Shenmue 3. I think our incentive is to give as much money as possible to make this as great a game as possible.

However, for the more casual gamer who was perhaps interested in donating a small amount of money to see what the fuss is all about, it does make you wonder if their incentive to donate to KickStarter is now slightly reduced.

An interesting thought either way! Fingers crossed it wont impact of the level of KickStarter funding.
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:19 pm

masterchan777 wrote: Do you guys think that Sony's announcement of partnership might negatively affect the Kickstarter ?

I think it will make the "2 million ?? this is gonna be a downgrade" to a "this game is going to be the real deal".

To be honest I was kinda scared about shenmue, funding, and that teaser put up in a couple of days, now I know this is actually happening, and happening good.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III