Is anyone else concerned that...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Is anyone else concerned that...

Postby NSN2014 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:57 pm

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/17/8795017/shenmue-on-a-budget

There are certainly some interesting things discussed in the article. Almost addresses the concern in this thread indirectly, with regard to budget.
NSN2014
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Esppiral wrote: I don't think that the "new" approach to Shenmue III is new by any meaning, it fits perfectly the story of Shenmue II if you remember the 4th disc... it was all about that, so maybe it was planned like this since the beginning.

Later games could focus on other aspects as it did from Shenmue I (very intimate relationship with your neighborhood and friends) too Shenmue II (new adventures, huge areas populated with unknown people, more action etc)

I loved disc 4 of Shenmue II but I don't think I can handle an entire game of it. I need npc interaction and mini games.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:14 pm

The stretch goals specifically mention things like capsule toy tickets, so I'm sure Ryo will eventually find his way back to an urban environment. However I'm honestly quite excited to explore more of Guilin and rural China, the final secion of Shenmue II was truly amazing to play through despite the more sedate pace, and what we've seen so far in the Kickstarter trailer looks gorgeous, so I'm honestly okay with things being more rural this time round if that's the case.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby GoldenLotus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:07 pm

I think it'll be a good change of pace. Like a nice breath of fresh air to get out of the city. You'll have different enemies, different personalities. I'm all in for a more rural shenmue!
GoldenLotus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Previous

Return to Shenmue III