Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki doing Reddit AMA tomorrow!

Postby redline » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:38 pm

could someone please tell him the fans want japanese voices & english subs in S3
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Locke_cole » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:42 pm

redline wrote: could someone please tell him the fans want japanese voices & english subs in S3

i want corey marshall
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Locke_cole wrote:
redline wrote: could someone please tell him the fans want japanese voices & english subs in S3

i want corey marshall

The game having Japanese voices doesn't mean English won't be an option.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Himuro » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:03 pm

SheepheadCG wrote: This is more than great news and we have to make sure that we get some of the important info out in the open about the kickstarter and also try to help them by asking about adding more Reward Tiers (between $500 and $10,000), and also by making the stretch goals more clear/descriptive.

Here is a list of questions that are being complied on Neogaf by the user GavinGT.

Updated List of Questions for Friday's Yu Suzuki AMA

- Why no physical PS4 disc?
- What's the deal with the other two towns mentioned in the Kickstarter video?
- Can we have some more higher tier Kickstarter rewards, please?
- What do you forecast the final budget to be?
- Will the game have English and Japanese VO?
- Will Corey Marshall reprise his role?
- Will you finish the story with Shemue III?
- Do you have access to Sega-branded arcade games and capsule toys?
- Can you go into more detail about what the stretch goals actually mean?
- Will you update the controls?
- Will we see a return of some Shenmue I systems, such as lots of interactivity with objects?
- Will the free battle system still exist in the game?
- How will you update QTEs?
- How many developers do you plan to have working on the game?
- Is an Xbox One version out of the question?
- Do you have any specific cost-cutting measures in mind?
- Will the final game be at full price?

A great list IMO.

Good list. I added it to the OP. Let's add our own questions. Someone get GavinGT over here at the Dojo.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Luke_09 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:06 pm

This is really strange I know, but I've never used Reddit, I don't know what it is or how to use it. How can I access Yu Suzuki's Q+A tomorrow on the website? The layout is pretty confusing to me. Is there anyway we can submit our questions in advance on the reddit website?
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Any plans on expanding the franchise?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby elmatto » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:12 pm

This actually makes me happy. Amas are really good promotional tools. Millions of people use reddit.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Iorta » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:13 pm

I think that list is AMAZING. Better be informed ASAP when he is done answering.
Iorta
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: Kickstarter

Postby Himuro » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Luke_09 wrote: This is really strange I know, but I've never used Reddit, I don't know what it is or how to use it. How can I access Yu Suzuki's Q+A tomorrow on the website? The layout is pretty confusing to me. Is there anyway we can submit our questions in advance on the reddit website?

No you can't submit in advance. Sign up and tomorrow when his AMA goes up, post a question in it. What confuses you about the layout? Maybe I can help?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Jesse » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Will we see nozomi and gui zhang at some point down the line? Is there 11 or 16 chapters? Who's the Jacky Bryant looking character in project berkeley and shenmue online footage?

Jesse has received a thanks from: AM2
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby Lan Di-sama » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Yes, I'd like to know if be could tell us, definitively, which chapter Shenmue 2 ended and how many remain and how many of those will Shenmue 3 tell.

I'm also curious about when he first learned that Sega was shelving Shenmue 3 and what that was like. Was Shenmue 3 ever close to an announcement since then? (was Digital Rex working on Shenmue at all?

His thoughts on Shenmue Online would also be insightful. He had to have known how frustrating that was for fans.

Lan Di-sama has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Wanderin' » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:48 pm

Unfortunately AMAs can also have the tendency to become pretty damn chaotic with everybody asking questions that aren't always the most relevant.

So, at the risk of sounding totalitarian even, not only is it important to review what questions we want to see asked, but it's also of importance that we prioritize which questions we ensure that Yu is asked - if the off case that not all our questions are responded to.

For example, questions about a) what the bare minimum content (ie. in terms of which cities, what you can do in them, what battles, how battles will take place) is planned for the game even outside of stretch goals, b) does he intend on completing the entire saga's story with just one more sequel in Shenmue 3, c) being more transparent about stretch goals and even, ensuring that stretch goals remain just that - extra, additional and extraneous features that the game can absolutely do without. Mechanics and elements that 'deepen the narrative, character development, and interactivity' of the game should be included with the core game no matter what.

So as always, we gotta keep the big picture in mind. Gotta make sure the big ticket/money questions are answered in full before moving on (for example, there are some questions you know he isn't at liberty to answer, like what kind of support is he getting from Sony, Sega, etc. Or if he can speak to releasing an Xbox One version in the future, etc.).

I know it's tough - for most of us, just the very fact that Shenmue 3 is coming is enough. But unfortunately, Mr. Suzuki is shooting for the stars on this one and we're all literally going through a lop-sided struggle right now to develop a AAA experience with the likes of Kickstarter - pledges for which have unfortunately stalled since hitting the 2 million dollar mark.

I understand that all these new and unconventional game development processes are a new experience for Suzuki, but he's gotta follow the Igarashi example and get better at the whole 'carrot and stick' concept. Gradually show off or describe more game mechanics and features as more pledges come in. Hell, do weekly 3-5 minute Shenmue 1 and 2 retrospectives on various different elements of the series each week or something.

Nevertheless, eyes on the prize and let's make sure that Yu sees and responds to the big ticket questions first tomorrow!
Wanderin'

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Great idea.

AMA question: Regardless of stretch goals what is the minimum number of locations that will for sure be in the game?

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: Himuro
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmuehua » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:51 pm

Do you know what time is it?

Can t find.

Thx
Shenmuehua

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Luke_09 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:13 pm

Himuro wrote:
Luke_09 wrote: This is really strange I know, but I've never used Reddit, I don't know what it is or how to use it. How can I access Yu Suzuki's Q+A tomorrow on the website? The layout is pretty confusing to me. Is there anyway we can submit our questions in advance on the reddit website?

No you can't submit in advance. Sign up and tomorrow when his AMA goes up, post a question in it. What confuses you about the layout? Maybe I can help?

Thanks Himuro. To be honest I can't work out exactly how the website actually works. I'm not really sure what Reddit actually is.

I go onto http://www.reddit.com and i'm just greeted with a list of different topics down the main page, just seems a bit confusing. Is it just a website where people comment any certain topics? :???:

(Feel like I'm starting to show my age lol)
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III