Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:46 pm

They haven't even acknowledged they've reached the goal amount in an update yet. :???:
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:47 pm

TheThreeevils wrote: but you just have to put faith in the people who were chosen. You have to put faith because there is literally nothing else you can do.

Actually they could improve, we have posted a lot of times really simple things like "link the shenmue history in the description so newbies can see it", "put the stretgoals at the top so people can see what they're trying to do", "Explain more about the stretch goals", "put more tiers between 500 and 10000", "show some concept art", they are just being slow.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:47 pm

TheThreeevils wrote: It's nowhere on Facebook, Twitter, etc, because it doesn't have a large fanbase. Fuck, you guys are downers. There are a few things that I wish the Kickstarter guys were doing differently, but you just have to put faith in the people who were chosen. You have to put faith because there is literally nothing else you can do. Share it as much as you can, like it as much as possible on facebook, leave comments on articles. That's the power that we have. Lets do that and stop bitching.

Castlevania and Broken Age didn't have large fanbases either.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby JohnBlack » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:49 pm

I dont get it. When in another topic we discuss that game footage is not really good, eveyone keep saying that this video was made for 0$ and just for showing. Im ok with that. But do you think they have money to make full campaigin? It requires budget. Really big budget. Good marketing campaigin can cost 100k$+ because its really hard to promote kickstarter for the people who not interested in it, a lot of people never heard of Shenmue, and of course they dont wanna give money for the game for no reason.

Broken Age

Tim Schafer is one of the most famous guys in the game industry. He have millions of fans. Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, The Secret of Monkey Island - all his work.
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:51 pm

JohnBlack wrote: I dont get it. When in another topic we discuss that game footage is not really good, eveyone keep saying that this video was made for 0$ and just for showing. Im ok with that. But do you think they have money to make full campaigin? It requires budget. Really big budget. Good marketing campaigin can cost 100k$+ because its really hard to promote kickstarter for the people who not interested in it, a lot of people never heard of Shenmue, and of course they dont wanna give money for the game for no reason.

Yes, but they're doing even doing basic things like putting information that's on the main website on the Kickstarter page.

JohnBlack wrote:Tim Schafer is one of the most famous guys in the game industry. He have millions of fans. Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, The Secret of Monkey Island - all his work.

Psychonauts and Grim Fandango were bombs. He does not have the fanbase you think he does.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:57 pm

Shenmue 3 is on pace to surpass Bloodstained and is about to surpass the Doublefine game--in less than a week. Excuse me for not being that anxious about their crowd funding efforts. Wake me up when the actual game isn't being advertised correctly

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: TwiceFriedRice
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:57 pm

Himuro wrote: Peter, they have had 14 years to prepare for Shenmue III and this game is nowhere on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. It is coasting on good will of Shenmue fans.

This isn't a "bandwagon of negativity". This is being realistic. The game has been funded, but at the current trajectory, the game may bomb. Emphasis on may. They are doing an awful job here, and your "only positive thoughts" schtick isn't helping. It is not only unrealistic, it comes across as highly naive and boyish.

Let's be honest here, Peter. They are having an AMA on Reddit when most people are busy doing things or are asleep, and you're completely fine with it. They could offer poop in a box as a Tier Reward and you would be fine with it.

There's a difference between "negativity" and objectivity. Any and all criticisms thrown towards this Kickstarter campaign in this thread are all objective and factual.

Right heres the deal. Are you some sort of market stragegist? Or kickstarter expert? Or have experience, hard experience on any of whats going on? If not then cool it. Your criticisms are not objective because i havent seen you once say anything positive about any of this. Just that this kickstarter and the people behind it are essentially amateurs in your opinion. Thats fine if thats your opinion, but stop passing it off as fact, nor denouncing my opinion as naive and boyish. You know as much as the rest of us on here when talking about the facts, so stop the preaching that you know better than whats being done over at Kickstarter.

Also the topic is to address Yu Suziki appearing on a reddit. Stick to it.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:07 pm

I have been plenty positive. I even compiled a list of questions to ask Yu that everyone on the Dojo wants to know in this thread. I even made this : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47639

We will have to wait till the AMA, I guess, but I still don't find it excusable in any way.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today!

Postby Set12 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:07 pm

I would be surprised about this confusion if we weren't in the dark about the rapport system. Lack of information seems to be a theme here.

I know it's impossible to time something international correctly (it's going to be a bad time for somebody) so I'll have to catch up on the questions afterwards.

For the thread title, the Q&A is at GMT 04,30 but since it's summer I don't believe any country is running by that time at the moment. The UK is using BST which is GMT+1.
Set12
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:08 pm

So does that +1 not put us to 5.30am? If it was winter time, then it would be 4.30am
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:09 pm

JohnBlack wrote: I dont get it. When in another topic we discuss that game footage is not really good, eveyone keep saying that this video was made for 0$ and just for showing. Im ok with that. But do you think they have money to make full campaigin? It requires budget. Really big budget. Good marketing campaigin can cost 100k$+ because its really hard to promote kickstarter for the people who not interested in it, a lot of people never heard of Shenmue, and of course they dont wanna give money for the game for no reason.

Look at this:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Do those look like hundreds of dollar videos ?? It's just being more professional.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Himuro
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:09 pm

5:30 PM PST is 4:30 AM GMT.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby myshtuff » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:10 pm

Assuming I up for this, after going to see Jurassic World later tonight :3, I may be in the chat during the AMA if anyone wants to join.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Set12 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:11 pm

Peter wrote: So does that +1 not put us to 5.30am? If it was winter time, then it would be 4.30am

It will be at 5,30 in the UK, if that's what you mean. The time is right but the time zone is wrong.
Set12

Postby yesteryeargames » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:20 pm

5.30 am Saturday morning ? Bst?
yesteryeargames

Currently playing: Splatoon

PreviousNext