Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:22 pm

I love how people on here seem to know the future. Whats the lotto numbers for tonight? I will give it to the Kickstarter when i win.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:23 pm

I doubt they'll be in charge of advertising when the game releases in 2017/2018. I'm assuming the game will be picked up by a large publisher by then, and those details will be sorted out. I think "42,027" backers and "$3,334,130" are pretty substantial numbers four days after a Kickstarter launched. Would things be even better if a more experienced company had taken over? Who knows? I'm only worried about the game living up to my immense expectations. This Kickstarter is just a small detail to me.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby FourWuDu1026 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Well one thing we learned, ironically Awesome Japan is not awesome at all.
FourWuDu1026
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Persona 4,Mortal Kombat x

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:24 pm

Sorry. I am freaking out because I want this kickstarter to do well and they making me pull my hair out over here.

Himuro has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:26 pm

You shouldnt because we all know how our love for Shenmue means we wont be satisfied with the final number. It could be 40 millions and we wil be like but, but, but...

No number will be high enough, so just make a cuppa and lets see how the next 3 weeks go :nice!:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:27 pm

I understand where you're coming from, Himuro. You've been here much longer than I have and you clearly have a lot of passion for this series. Please don't take what I'm saying as an attack on you. I just worry negativity will sink what we've already achieved.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:28 pm

Peter wrote: You shouldnt because we all know how our love for Shenmue means we wont be satisfied with the final number. It could be 40 millions and we wil be like but, but, but...

No number will be high enough, so just make a cuppa and lets see how the next 3 weeks go :nice!:

You have to admit that the kickstarter it's amateurish for a high profile game like shenmue.

I'll ask again, what the fuck is awesome japan ?? Like really, I don't know.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:29 pm

What I don't understand is why the company that is producing the rewards isn't also running the Kickstarter. Aren't they the same company that ran the Bloodstained Kickstarter?
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:33 pm

shredingskin wrote:
Peter wrote: You shouldnt because we all know how our love for Shenmue means we wont be satisfied with the final number. It could be 40 millions and we wil be like but, but, but...

You have to admit that the kickstarter it's amateurish for a high profile game like shenmue.

I'll ask again, what the fuck is awesome japan ?? Like really, I don't know.

To be honest, no. I have never partaken in a Kickstarter before so i have bar to level it against. Id hazard a guess that a lot of people on here and who are donating wont have either so in a way, you are encouraging them to jump on a bandwagon of negativity. You opinion is what it is, but i look at it from the point of view that we have a Shenmue III kickstarter in the first place, and after years of no news/"We'll see" comments, im taking it with 100% gratitude.

Peter has received a thanks from: Mystere
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:38 pm

Peter, they have had 14 years to prepare for Shenmue III and this game is nowhere on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. It is coasting on good will of Shenmue fans.

This isn't a "bandwagon of negativity". This is being realistic. The game has been funded, but at the current trajectory, the game may bomb. Emphasis on may. They are doing an awful job here, and your "only positive thoughts" schtick isn't helping. It is not only unrealistic, it comes across as highly naive and boyish.

Let's be honest here, Peter. They are having an AMA on Reddit when most people are busy doing things or are asleep, and you're completely fine with it. They could offer poop in a box as a Tier Reward and you would be fine with it.

There's a difference between "negativity" and objectivity. Any and all criticisms thrown towards this Kickstarter campaign in this thread are all objective and factual.

Himuro has received 4 thanks from: ElephantStone, sand4fish, SheepheadCG, shredingskin
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby rome » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:40 pm

So 9:30pm? Cool right before bed time......
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Well I backed a couple of these, it's pretty amateurish. The kickstarter video is pretty damn bad, the coolest update yet (the video with the programmer) isn't even on the kickstarter. They reached the goal on record time and barely awknoledge it, one update was for giving thanks to another guy (and give a shout about his game), there are not enough tiers, etc. They couldn't even put the time right ! like, come on.

Bloodborne had social media "achievements", dreamfall had cool video updates about the game, concept art, broken age wasn't even a videogame, but the guys did let's plays, documentaries that were awesome. I even backed a game made by pretty much 1 guy and the updates were better than this.

It's pretty bad.

I'm not saying anything about negativity, look at my posts about the kickstarter and how it's developing moneywise. Just that the guys that should be doing it the most approchable possible are not doing a good job about it. It's criticism to improve, not to destroy.

PS. the gratitude should be to Yu Suzuki, the guys that are actually running the kickstarter are getting paid to do a mediocre job.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Himuro
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby TheThreeevils » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:43 pm

It's nowhere on Facebook, Twitter, etc, because it doesn't have a large fanbase. Fuck, you guys are downers. There are a few things that I wish the Kickstarter guys were doing differently, but you just have to put faith in the people who were chosen. You have to put faith because there is literally nothing else you can do. Share it as much as you can, like it as much as possible on facebook, leave comments on articles. That's the power that we have. Lets do that and stop bitching.
TheThreeevils
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

XBL: TheThreeevils

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:44 pm

So it's 5.30am in the UK? Who cares? It's a Saturday so it's not like anyone needs to be up for work so just drag your carcasses out of your pit early. And if they do it's tough isn't it. As long as we have someone from the Dojo who is willing to ask all these questions then I don't really see what the big deal is here. People are creating drama out of nothing.
Last edited by Sonoshee on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Pacific Daylight Time : 9:30 PM (21:30)
Eastern Daylight Time : 0:30 AM (0:30) Next Day
GMT : 5:30 AM (5:30) Next Day

Last edited by sand4fish on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III