$15million or bust Kickstarter instead of waterdown game IMO

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

$15million or bust Kickstarter instead of waterdown game IMO

Postby ImGladUmad » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:14 pm

I have mixed feelings...On one hand is shenmue 3 so Im supporting no matter what and want the game.

On the other hand I want an epic Shenmue 3 game that has all the features that we are used to shenmue games like a vast living breathing world which of course takes alot of money.

Yu Suzuki seems satisfied just to end the story but that doesn't bring satisfaction to me....It's not about the story, if it was about the story, Yu Suzuki could've made a comic or just came to the Dojo forums and tell us what happened...It's about the game, thats what I truly care about the gameplay,the immersive atmosphere...The story interest me but the game is much more important.

In my opinion the Kickstarter goal should've been $15 million at the very least... The tone should be set high for such an epic game, it would've motivated people much more knowing that $15 million is needed to make a true shenmue experience or we get nothing.

It saddens me that a $40-$70 million game has been reduced to a $12 million or less game(Assuming Sony puts in around half).

Now lots of Shenmue 1 ideas were revolutionary at the time so Im sure cost have gone down for somethings shenmue has done, so $15 million IMO is the bare minimum we need for a proper shenmue game assuming Sony backs it up decently.

Of course a $15 million Kickstarter would've need a much better trailer showing of game mechanics/Atmosphere.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: $15million or bust Kickstarter instead of waterdown game

Postby Maccam16 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:18 pm

There's probably more investors besides Sony.

Maccam16 has received a thanks from: DaMulder
Maccam16
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Himuro » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:20 pm

Maccam16 wrote: There's probably more investors besides Sony.

Probably? There ARE more investors than Sony.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:21 pm

There is. They have said as much and the coordinator guy is currently looking for more investors currently. Due to the Kickstarters success we may get lucky and get some good ones to invest. We probably won't find out until S3 is finished though. Other kickstarters kept theirs secret too.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby ImGladUmad » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Maccam16 wrote: There's probably more investors besides Sony.

There was another company helping, I forgot who tho.

Well it depends on how much they help but $15 million + the investors, I would hope will put shenmue in the range of $25 million+ which seems like it would create a quality game.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:24 pm

I'd like to see product placements again, tbh.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Pogogacy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:25 pm

The Kickstarter FAQ page confirms that there are investors other than Sony.

I've no idea what the final budget will be, but I'd be pretty shocked if it isn't significantly higher than $12 million.
Pogogacy
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Yu Suzuki seems satisfied just to end the story but that doesn't bring satisfaction to me....It's not about the story, if it was about the story, Yu Suzuki could've made a comic or just came to the Dojo forums and tell us what happened...It's about the game, thats what I truly care about the gameplay,the immersive atmosphere...The story interest me but the game is much more important.

Where did you read that Suzuki was satisfied just to end the story? The last time I checked, he was wanting to create a "full on Shenmue experience" (his words at E3). Let's be fair here. No one knows exactly how much funding he has secured and for all we know the Kickstarter pledges are just extra. It can be looked at both ways. Nothing is certain, so don't be brash about it until we learn more. A very good point was made on the forums earlier today - a watered down, quick shipped Shenmue 3 would NOT take 2 and a half years to make. Personally, the game was just about the story as much as it was the environment and the atmosphere. Shenmue was a crescendo of everything working in harmony.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ImGladUmad » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:27 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I'd like to see product placements again, tbh.

I wouldn't mind at all, would love to drink coca cola, dat dere immersion.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Benwah » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:48 pm

I'll be honest. I don't want Coca-Cola, I want Bellwoods Jet Cola. If they are going to have Cola, it has to be Jet Cola.
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: ThaiBenwah
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni 2

Postby ConanTheKing » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:54 pm

I admit to having concerns also. However, I think we can have some trust in various members in the games industry, look at his video:

phpBB [video]

Also Mark Cerny (PS4 architect), Ryan Payton (Worked on Metal Gear Solid) as well as Gio Corsi from Sony all helped to get this kickstarter started. I think the fact they went through that effort combined with what Adam Boyes said means that we shouldn't give up hope.

Regardless, even if all that comes out of this is a terrible product then at least we finally got closure, just like with Duke Nukem Forever.

ConanTheKing has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Benwah wrote: I'll be honest. I don't want Coca-Cola, I want Bellwoods Jet Cola. If they are going to have Cola, it has to be Jet Cola.

And Squid Legs! Man I never thought the cat would eat those :lol:
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:10 pm

Benwah wrote: I'll be honest. I don't want Coca-Cola, I want Bellwoods Jet Cola. If they are going to have Cola, it has to be Jet Cola.

Only if Jet Cola has a "Made in China" stamp on it for full immersion.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:12 pm

ImGladUmad wrote:Yu Suzuki seems satisfied just to end the story but that doesn't bring satisfaction to me....It's not about the story, if it was about the story, Yu Suzuki could've made a comic or just came to the Dojo forums and tell us what happened...It's about the game, thats what I truly care about the gameplay,the immersive atmosphere...The story interest me but the game is much more important.

No one want to know the end of story but live it. Of course the gameplay and cie is as important.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby hoonding » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Sony definitely supporting Shenmue 3... they'll invest an amount equal to what was raised through Kickstarter at best.
hoonding

Next

Return to Shenmue III