"$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Postby Reprise » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:37 pm

I'll put down an extra 30. I hope we see a decent boom tomorrow. Hopefully the updates and new rewards we get on the kickstarter, our campaign, plus the Ask Yu thing on Twitter help raise a lot more funds.

Reprise has received a thanks from: Truck_1_0_1_
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Me too. I'll actually probably ut down an extra 40, just to make it an even 350 :)
Truck_1_0_1_
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:56 pm

Well, we will see how the people in Europe do first. What is the time difference for you guys in Europe and other places?

I do think we should plan a time to hit the site and to hit it again doing the twitter feed.

Any ideas? It would be fun to see if it can go up at one time while also getting donations through out the day.

Obviously some people can't do it at a certain time which is fine but if we can set a time for most of us that plan to do it, I say let's try to do that for the fun of it. :)

Maybe hit it just a bit before the twitch stream starts? That way, if there are new things to be annoumced we can just go hit it again :P

It is only in our best interest to hit 5 million and as far over as soon as we can, so the last 3 days can try to hit over a million as well.

Actually, I guess it's best to just try to get to it and promote it all day long the best we can... No real reason to wait, I just feel we need something to drive momentum and get people interested to see it. Doing it at a certain time may help that, if people can't see a big change at once they may not be super interested. Hopefully the whole day is a bit busy for the KS though.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote: Well, we will see how the people in Europe do first. What is the time difference for you guys in Europe and other places?

I do think we should plan a time to hit the site and to hit it again doing the twitter feed.

Any ideas? It would be fun to see if it can go up at one time while also getting donations through out the day.

Obviously some people can't do it at a certain time which is fine but if we can set a time for most of us that plan to do it, I say let's try to do that for the fun of it. :)

Maybe hit it just a bit before the twitch stream starts? That way, if there are new things to be annoumced we can just go hit it again :P

It is only in our best interest to hit 5 million and as far over as soon as we can, so the last 3 days can try to hit over a million as well.

I'm in the US on the east coast so I'll probably donate tomorrow morning around 8:30 a.m.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:02 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote: Well, we will see how the people in Europe do first. What is the time difference for you guys in Europe and other places?

I'm in the US on the east coast so I'll probably donate tomorrow morning around 8:30 a.m.

Yeah, I figure people will have their own times they want or need to do it. Do you think it would be good to push a certain time? A lot of people won't be doing it till lunch or evening anyways I'd assume. When they are getting home from work or some other even perhaps.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:04 pm

12 noon in Berlin is 6AM in New York and 6PM in Beijing, as far as I remember. Just to give you a rough idea.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:06 pm

I see, I know china is a full half clock cycle difference but they don't even use KS anyways haha

So, a lot of you guys are on a 6 hours difference. So you have the day to show your worth while the americans are sleeping. I doubt you guys will do much from 12 to morning though. But you have less than 6 hours to get this thing going at midnight :)
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:07 pm

It seems like we've been stuck on the same amount all day. I hope we see something different tomorrow. :'(
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:09 pm

It has been quite slow the last 3 days, even though they are up to 4 or 5 ryo voice messages ah...

I don't lie when people say KS are just slow, man this is sh it should be a bit more pumped up than this I feel

I sort of gave up hope on the physical tier but I do think that alone can bring in a million with the hype and care for it that it would bring if it's released. So I really hope we can pull together and hit atleast 200,000 for the 3rd.... We can do it right?

Probably way too optimisitc, I think right now it's super hard to judge. A lot of people have said they are doing 500 and even 1000 but will we really see 100,000?

I'd be happy with 100,000 but if we can really push it, I say we just try .
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:10 pm

It's been going up and down actually. Might be because we're close to make another full 100k. It always seems to happen.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Many reasons for that I guess. People coming back that haven't checked it in a while and changing their tiers to something lower or higher.

Some people just trolling and maybe fianlly removing their pledge before they accidentally spend the money.

At this rate you could have a bigger chance of getting a person to go delete their pledge more so than you do a person being a new pledger. Since there are a lot of people who will frequent it and be a bit undecided.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:17 pm

Elf, I'd like to make a suggestion to you. That you make a new thread around the time for Europe to be set for the third. Set a thread with all the info, what we plan to do and make a clear strategy for people. How to promote it, what to use and let it be a bit of a celebration. People really need a bit of instruction as well, that will go a long way. Quite a few people will be viewing the thread, and I feel it will be a nice way to bring in the start of it.

Of course it has to be made by you though :) Also include all the images would be a nice touch incase anyone is ready to post any of them on the various platforms online

Then people can also tell us when they have donated so we can get a decent feel of some of the times people have donated and see how it's going.

Also, can one of you make a countdown timer? Maybe for 8:00 a.m EST?
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:24 pm

I don't think we'll see Paypal until AFTER the Kickstarter is over. Mark my words. They want to get as much out of people as they can with the Kickstarter and don't want people to think "Oh, I can just give next month on Paypal." Because "a bird in the hand..."

As far as when to donate, I don't think it really matters. We're going to see a spike around 7/3 even if it's a day before or a day after. The twitter Q&A will help that too.

I'm hoping people will donate tomorrow and then tomorrow night they'll announce a few more reward tiers on Twitter. That will probably get people to push a little bit harder for the next tier.

And I think IF a physical copy of the PS4 game comes it will be after tomorrow because tomorrow will be the big push, then another lull before the close. They'll want to go out strong and a physical PS4 copy will cause that.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:25 pm

The funding has gone down by over 1000 dollars in the last hour... Ffs!
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:29 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote: Elf, I'd like to make a suggestion to you. That you make a new thread around the time for Europe to be set for the third. Set a thread with all the info, what we plan to do and make a clear strategy for people. How to promote it, what to use and let it be a bit of a celebration. People really need a bit of instruction as well, that will go a long way. Quite a few people will be viewing the thread, and I feel it will be a nice way to bring in the start of it.

Of course it has to be made by you though :) Also include all the images would be a nice touch incase anyone is ready to post any of them on the various platforms online

Then people can also tell us when they have donated so we can get a decent feel of some of the times people have donated and see how it's going.

Also, can one of you make a countdown timer? Maybe for 8:00 a.m EST?

I'll try but it's really hard to choose a time because the hours vary so much around the world. I'm thinking about noon UTC because that should be doable just about anywhere.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III