Want Shenmue 3 on Xbox One? Vote here on Xbox Feedback.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Want Shenmue 3 on Xbox One? Vote here on Xbox Feedback.

Postby Maccam16 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:57 pm

Shoryuken had 09ers when SF4 was announced. The Dojo gets the 15ers and man are they vociferous.

Maccam16 has received a thanks from: Axm
Maccam16
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Raithos » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
Shenmue never appeared on Nintendo and Steam. It did appear on Xbox and because of that, IMO, they had a responsibility to the fans - just like Sega did.
Phil Spencer even publicly stated it was the most requested game by fans, but he chose not to do anything about it.
It was only two years ago MS said they wanted to support newer and older IPs but instead we are getting COD after COD, Halo after Halo; with very little interest for anything else. That is not the sort of behavior I want to encourage.

Microsoft's only obligation is to their shareholders. They are a business like everyone else and don't see Shenmue being profitable. And why blame them for COD? That's not their IP. You act like its their fault you get a new COD every 12 months. And the main Halo entries do not release every single year like COD either. Usually 2-3 years in-between each numbered entry.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby ImGladUmad » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:04 pm

Shenmue 3 will have PS4 exclusivity for sometime on the consoles....Why is else will Sony helped shenmue 3? They are getting something out of it, obviously.

Sony obviously didn't back up the game full on thru which is the reason is also on STEAM and needs a kickstarter...Sony didn't want to commit to Shenmue 3, they partially committed however...So they are exactly like Microsoft in not wanting to commit to shenmue 3 but thought outside the box and found a way to benifit from this.

If Sony truly believed in Shenmue, it wouldn't need a kickstarter...It would of been fully funded and a PS4 Exclusive.

Sony is doing good to Shenmue but lets not act like they truly believe in Shenmue.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:13 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Lose the stupidity. They had an obligation to no one.

Stupidity? For having an opinion? Wow. :shock:

Raithos wrote:Microsoft's only obligation is to their shareholders. They are a business like everyone else and don't see Shenmue being profitable. And why blame them for COD? That's not their IP. You act like its their fault you get a new COD every 12 months. And the main Halo entries do not release every single year like COD either. Usually 2-3 years in-between each numbered entry.

MS are a big factor in the blame for COD. It may not be their IP but they strike so many exclusive deals with that franchise to see the DLC or games drop early it's quite sickening. I never claimed Halo dropped every single year, but there is enough of them now, just like COD. This is why Sony won it this year for me, far more new IP's and giving older titles their chance (Shenmue, Last Guardian). It's not just because MS shafted the Shenmue fans again.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:51 pm

elmatto wrote:The answer is simple. If they want cross platform...the game needs more funding. Make a petition AND donate donate donate.

This is the bottom line guys.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:54 pm

Locke_cole wrote: This is a horrible idea.

If it goes crossplatform, Sony won't put nearly enough into the game, hell advertisement alone.
Sony can now put a shit ton of money behind it and say " You can't get this experience on an xbox" That is huge. Microsoft had their chance with Shenmue 2x and they dropped the ball.

Plus the XboxOne is garbage.

But MS may be willing to give it extra money as well.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:11 pm

So all of a sudden no opinion can be stupid? Also, I find it funny that you state you dislike MS for it's hand in the CoD franchise due to the exclusivity deals, yet... haven't Sony just revealed they've got their hands on it this year?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:17 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: So all of a sudden no opinion can be stupid? Also, I find it funny that you state you dislike MS for it's hand in the CoD franchise due to the exclusivity deals, yet... haven't Sony just revealed they've got their hands on it this year?

I never said opinions couldn't be stupid, but you were quick to call mine one simply because I said something you didn't like.

Also, nowhere here did I claim Sony were saints, just that they were the ones giving Shenmue the chance it deserves. I honestly thought MS would do something about it. They didn't. In comparison, there's far more exclusivity deals being struck now and in the past by MS on these overblown franchises that are saturating the market to the point of silliness.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Maccam16 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:18 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: So all of a sudden no opinion can be stupid? Also, I find it funny that you state you dislike MS for it's hand in the CoD franchise due to the exclusivity deals, yet... haven't Sony just revealed they've got their hands on it this year?

I'm not gonna defend the last guy and his potential hypocrisy, but I'm sure Activision was just as motivated to collab as Sony. There's at least twice as many PS4s than XB1s out there, they want them Sony dollars too.
Maccam16

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Maccam16 wrote:

I'm not gonna defend the last guy and his potential hypocrisy, but I'm sure Activision was just as motivated to collab as Sony. There's at least twice as many PS4s than XB1s out there, they want them Sony dollars too.

I'm not a hypocrite because I never said Sony were saints. Anywhere. It's funny to see how angry or disillusioned people can get simply because I say something they don't agree with.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:24 pm

Sonoshee wrote:In comparison, there's far more exclusivity deals being struck now and in the past by MS on these overblown franchises that are saturating the market to the point of silliness.

What, Sony is worse with the deals it strikes. Destiny has been out since last September. There are strikes, missions, multiplayer maps and weapons that have been exclusive to Playstation for almost 10 months now. This is coming from a Sony fan, I don't give a crap about Microsoft lol. But the stuff you're saying makes no sense. You just have something against Microsoft it seems.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:26 pm

No, I consider it stupid on account of the fact that the video game industry is not a public service. Companies don't have to try to acquire franchise rights on the basis that the franchise appeared on their console. It ain't like it was an exclusive either.

It's the equivalent of saying that Nintendo would be responsible for the future of the Metal Gear franchise if it were to go dormant following Kojima's departure.

I know you believe in what you're saying, and you think it makes sense, but it honestly doesn't.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Raithos wrote:
Sonoshee wrote:In comparison, there's far more exclusivity deals being struck now and in the past by MS on these overblown franchises that are saturating the market to the point of silliness.

What, Sony is worse with the deals it strikes. Destiny has been out since last September. There are strikes, missions, multiplayer maps and weapons that have been exclusive to Playstation for almost 10 months now. This is coming from a Sony fan, I don't give a crap about Microsoft lol. But the stuff you're saying makes no sense. You just have something against Microsoft it seems.

But that's just Destiny. As opposed to how many MS have made exclusivity deals with in the past?
I don't have anything specific against MS. I don't own a PS4. I own a 360 and a One and have been with Xbox since 2006. I just dislike the way they've done things with Shenmue and made my opinions known. It seems I'm being reprimanded for that for some reason.

MiTT3NZ wrote:No, I consider it stupid on account of the fact that the video game industry is not a public service. Companies don't have to try to acquire franchise rights on the basis that the franchise appeared on their console. It ain't like it was an exclusive either.

It's the equivalent of saying that Nintendo would be responsible for the future of the Metal Gear franchise if it were to go dormant following Kojima's departure.

I know you believe in what you're saying, and you think it makes sense, but it honestly doesn't.

Shenmue 2 was an exclusive, MS aquired the rights after the DC version and as such it never made it to other platforms (Sony/Nintendo/PC).

Microsoft should have given Shenmue 3 a chance because there was enough people crying for it for long enough. Phil Spencer even said it was the most highly demanded game he'd ever seen. I think that speaks volumes about the leadership there. They are a business, but they have a responsibility to listen to their consumers as well. It's really no different to us being ignored by Sega and look how that turned out; everyone seemed to hate on them for it. But somehow MS are the saints here?
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:48 pm

So it was an exclusive despite the fact that it appeared on another console before it?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:40 pm

I'm at a loss for what you guys are trying to prove. Could MS have stepped up like Sony did to support the series? Sure, but they didnt for obvious reasons.
Unlike Sega who didnt because they are just plain retarded.
So now that Shenmue 3 is a thing and they can probably see the old reasons are invalid.. Xbox fans can be vocal about getting it on that system too and it might just resonate enough with Phil Spencer to do something about it.
So ya..not much more to say on this issue imo.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III