The PS4 Physical Copy Issue & the $10 Million Goal Struggle

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The PS4 Physical Copy Issue & the $10 Million Goal Strug

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:33 am

joka wrote:
Thief wrote: Kickstarter is not a charity. Nobody is less of a fan because they aren't throwing money at Shenmue III. That's bullshit.

Sonoshee wrote:
Thief wrote: Ok, let's be real here for a second.

The reality here is 14 years since the last title. There's no real excuse for anyone claiming to love Shenmue not to pledge at least something to keep the franchise alive.

These people have pledged something, $29 for what they want.

Sonoshee is talking about the fans who are not pledging anything at all because of no physical ps4 copy or something else I think.

Most people on here wouldn't be criticising any $29 backers surely?! Yu certainly wouldn't so who are we to..

Yep I'm talking about those who have not donated anything at all. And I just know that despite not donating, they'll have something to say about how bare bones it could possibly be. It's like voting. If you don't vote, you don't have a right to say anything.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Thief » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:56 am

I do not think this is similar to voting at all. Fundraising is not voting. Regardless, I especially disagree with the notion that those who don't vote do not have a right to say anything. Of course they do. There are many reasons not to vote, but that doesn't mean you can't be displeased with how things turn out and that you can't voice that disappointment.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:19 am

I've not donated a penny simply because I don't like the company Kickstarter and refuse to give them any of the money I have worked for as they get a 5% cut of everything. If Yu was to add the paypal option that went directly to a Shenmue III bank account I'll throw some money down but until then my wallet stays closed.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Stocke » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:37 am

Riku Rose wrote: I've not donated a penny simply because I don't like the company Kickstarter and refuse to give them any of the money I have worked for as they get a 5% cut of everything. If Yu was to add the paypal option that went directly to a Shenmue III bank account I'll throw some money down but until then my wallet stays closed.

I do agree with you on kickstarter, however this is the path the game is taking to get made and that's that.
At this point it's the game gets funded through kickstarter, or we get nothing.
I want Shenmue 3 more than i dont want to give kickstarter a cut.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:40 am

Riku Rose wrote: I've not donated a penny simply because I don't like the company Kickstarter and refuse to give them any of the money I have worked for as they get a 5% cut of everything. If Yu was to add the paypal option that went directly to a Shenmue III bank account I'll throw some money down but until then my wallet stays closed.

I won't judge anyone for the amount they choose to fund or for not funding at all, but isn't that kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Hopefully they will add a Paypal option after the campaign though. They will be silly not to.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:48 am

If they put the PayPal option up and Riku puts some money down, he'll be able to say that 100% of it went to Shenmue III. Would we be able to say the same?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:20 am

Reprise wrote:

I won't judge anyone for the amount they choose to fund or for not funding at all, but isn't that kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face?

I'm still going to play the game but I just won't pledge money to it if a company who practices I dislike are going to benefit. I'm a huge Millwall fan and have been to every game home and away for the last 3 years. A few years ago we was rumoured to be after a player called Marlon King who had previously been convicted and put on trial for rape many time. If we had signed him I wouldn't have given the club I support and have tattooed on my body a penny if it meant it had any chance of going to him or supporting his lifestyle as he is a scumbag.

When people always moan about shit like that there're too many superhero movies and FPS games I always tell people to vote with their wallet which is what I do. Most people still see every Transformers movie and complain about it when all they've done is give money for the third time towards something they supposedly hate, what message does that send to the guys at the studio? That people want more. The most powerful thing in this world is currency and I show my dissatisfaction with Kickstarter by not supporting it.

When I can support the game in a way I'm happy with I will.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby EverybodyLovesRen » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:38 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
Reprise wrote:

I'm still going to play the game but I just won't pledge money to it if a company who practices I dislike are going to benefit. I'm a huge Millwall fan and have been to every game home and away for the last 3 years. A few years ago we was rumoured to be after a player called Marlon King who had previously been convicted and put on trial for rape many time. If we had signed him I wouldn't have given the club I support and have tattooed on my body a penny if it meant it had any chance of going to him or supporting his lifestyle as he is a scumbag.

When people always moan about shit like that there're too many superhero movies and FPS games I always tell people to vote with their wallet which is what I do. Most people still see every Transformers movie and complain about it when all they've done is give money for the third time towards something they supposedly hate, what message does that send to the guys at the studio? That people want more. The most powerful thing in this world is currency and I show my dissatisfaction with Kickstarter by not supporting it.

When I can support the game in a way I'm happy with I will.

It's your decision and all, but your money won't be nearly as valuable to Yu Suzuki after this game is made. Now you're not only supporting sales, but also contributing to increasing the quality of the game. In my eyes, waiting is far less bang for your buck, all because you don't want 5% to go to kickstarter. Well, hopefully they'll open a paypal option and then everyone will be happy.
EverybodyLovesRen
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:40 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: If they put the PayPal option up and Riku puts some money down, he'll be able to say that 100% of it went to Shenmue III. Would we be able to say the same?

... and if the Paypal option doesn't go up? I'd rather sit comfortably knowing I've done something on KS until then. It's Shenmue 3 FFS guys.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Actually Paypal also takes a cut you know.
Doom_Infinite

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: If they put the PayPal option up and Riku puts some money down, he'll be able to say that 100% of it went to Shenmue III. Would we be able to say the same?

... and if the Paypal option doesn't go up?

Then I'll buy it when it's out.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby jay_mack » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:34 pm

I'm going to pledge what I pledge, and then buy a physical copy on PS4 if there ever is one.

It's not like this is just some game. It's Shenmue. I want it to do well, and if I'm technically buying the game twice, well, big deal.

Problem solved.
jay_mack
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Destiny

Re: PS4 Physical Copy Issue

Postby Hazuki_san » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:09 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Gamers... Ugh... I've never understood the need to have a physical copy of a game. I wonder if any of those refusing to pledge because of it have ever purchased a game on the App Store...

Yeah, I don't get it "Here's the epic game you've been waiting 14 years for" Wot no box? Don't want it.

Hazuki_san has received 2 thanks from: alexironaek, MiTT3NZ
Hazuki_san

Steam: Motokeiru
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: PS4 Physical Copy Issue

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Hazuki_san wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: Gamers... Ugh... I've never understood the need to have a physical copy of a game. I wonder if any of those refusing to pledge because of it have ever purchased a game on the App Store...

Yeah, I don't get it "Here's the epic game you've been waiting 14 years for" Wot no box? Don't want it.

In 20 years when all the PS4's disc drives don't work and they can only read games off an external hard drive that'll be fun to watch.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:20 pm

It's ok you don't like kickstarter.

But also if you buy it from steam/gog they'll take %30 of the money. And I don't know how much in retail.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III