$10 million

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: $10 million

Postby Dragon Light » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Really disgusted by the lack of crowd funding; Regardless of their marketing approach on kickstarter, was expecting much more.
How can a legend of a game Shenmue be doing this poorly?
I pledged $510 and will probably do it again by the looks of it!
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:15 pm

Dragon Light wrote: How can a legend of a game Shenmue be doing this poorly?

Yeah beating a world record, making kickstarter go down and doing better than any other video game kickstarter out there so far really is a shit result.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, mjq jazz bar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Dragon Light » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Just was expecting much more, and so was yu Suzuki by his 10m $ claim.
We shall see in a month I guess.
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:22 pm

Dragon Light wrote: and so was yu Suzuki by his 10m $ claim.

Was that why he asked for only 2 million originally and was driven to tears according to Adam Boyes by how much support it was getting?
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:22 pm

I think we can get to 4 million later next week. I'm hoping for a million a week from here on. Here's hoping I'm right and there's a huge surge at the end of the Kickstarter. I'm hoping for 2-3 million in the final few days, leaving us with 7-8 million. It's a pipe dream, but I think if we are positive, increase our donations, and get the word out, we can do it! =D> \:D/ =D> [-o<

south carmain wrote:
Dragon Light wrote: and so was yu Suzuki by his 10m $ claim.

Was that why he asked for only 2 million originally and was driven to tears according to Adam Boyes by how much support it was getting?

Well, I mean, he'd be driven by tears of the amount of support whether his goal is 10m or not.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:26 pm

That was in reference to him saying yu suzuki was expecting much more. I don't think if he was expecting much more he would have set the bar so low in addition to becoming so emotional at all the support.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Some people on Neogaf i swear.... before it was "uh, the game is being funded by Sony they don't need my money", now it's "Uh, Sony is not funding it? the game will be crap then, i've lost interest".

At least the Shenmue guys there are doing an excellent job, there almost always 2-3 threads in the first page.

Shenhua-Nani? has received a thanks from: Himuro
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Dragon Light » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Initial expectations do not necessarily indicate what funding was really needed.
Yes we passed the 2mill mark but was that really what was desired? Now there is a higher investment but we all know we need more.
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:31 pm

$10M is reachable be it via KS or post KS with paypal.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Dragon Light » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:33 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: $10M is reachable be it via KS or post KS with paypal.

Yh man that's the spirit!
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:36 pm

Dragon Light wrote: Initial expectations do not necessarily indicate what funding was really needed.
Yes we passed the 2mill mark but was that really what was desired? Now there is a higher investment but we all know we need more.

There's a difference between what you want and expectations. So far Yu Suzuki's expectations have been far surpassed if the interviews are anything to go by.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby JohnBlack » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:40 pm

More than 6 millions will be a huge success for the game. Since no other game done so much on Kickstarter.
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby James Brown » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Right now they need to just go full at everything. Reveal the extra stretch goals past 5 mil, add the extra perk tiers, re-do the kick-starter page so that's it's more informative, add Paypal support or whatever is missing like that...so it's all ready now and not towards the end. Use Yu saying that 10 mil is what would create the full experience, and make it obvious on the Kick-starter page that that is potentially the final stretch goal. People that then stumble upon the page, instead of thinking, oh it's already smashed 2 mil, i'll wait till the game is released, might reconsider and help the current effort, if it does seriously have such a detrimental impact on the final product.

James Brown has received a thanks from: ElephantStone
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Dan - Be brave and stay calm. We've got 27 days to go and we're probably gonna make the next stretch goal tomorrow.

Settle down. The master himself is back to work. Kickstarter is doing fine, keep the money coming.

Use your woman's credit card. She will understand. It's for Shenmue. If she doesn't, dump her. ;-)

When the Kickstarter is finished, then we can talk about other ways of funding the game. But for now it is important that we keep our calm and put all our efforts into it. But if we panic, we're not gonna help with anything.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SlySpy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:52 pm

I understand their reasoning for not showing all of the stretch goals. It's possible if someone saw them all at once, it would be discouraging, but at the same time, many already know he wants to hit the 10 million mark, so it may be a good idea to include all the stretch goals now. Whether they do or don't, they definitely need to move the stretch goals to the top of the page, so that people can actually see them. We also need more updates that expound upon the stretch goals in more detail. From the AMA we learned what the Rapport System was, and it's actually a pretty good game mechanic, but many people wouldn't know just from looking at the stretch goals, so that needs to be made more clear.

As for the reward tiers, I do agree that they all need to be revealed immediately. They're already planned out apparently, so the sooner they're put out there, the sooner people can start putting in their cash for it. It was proven by the replica jacket tier that this is clearly an effective way of generating more funds.

We still have plenty of time to patch this up, so we need to stay persistent.
SlySpy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III