What pace will you play through Shenmue III?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: What pace will you play through Shenmue III?

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:36 am

Very slowly. If the game allows you to say up all night I'm going to spend A LOT of time walking around the mountains all day and night and appreciating the scenery and waterfalls and sunset and sunrise and the weather. The rest of my time will be spent playing Lucky Hit and mowing grass and working on the farms in Guilin. (I suspect these will be the types of jobs to do in the 80s in Guilin.)
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mitsuzuki » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:58 am

Oh man, any jobs and mini-games that will be available I'll turn into Ryo's daily routine. Wonder where he'll sleep every night?
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:59 am

We're all getting the bad ending aren't we...

south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby redline » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Axm wrote: Oh once I finish it once though, ill definitely be doing streams all the time of me playing. I will stream the shit out of that game. I will log probably 1000 hours into Twitch off just Shenmue 3.

nice.

in the future, i guess we can all look forward to members like LanDc, who will be rip shenmue 3 to bits to find all the hidden sweet gaming goodness. :P
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Reprise » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:18 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: Very slowly. If the game allows you to say up all night I'm going to spend A LOT of time walking around the mountains all day and night and appreciating the scenery and waterfalls and sunset and sunrise and the weather. The rest of my time will be spent playing Lucky Hit and mowing grass and working on the farms in Guilin. (I suspect these will be the types of jobs to do in the 80s in Guilin.)

I always found it weird you couldn't stay up all night in Shenmue (with exception to that one time when you're looking for Heartbeats bar). I mean, you're old enough to go on a quest to avenge your father's death, mess with the Chinese mafia, get into fights and get a job, but oh boy, you better be home before 11 (or is it 11:30 - I forget), because you don't want to upset poor old Ine-San lol.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:24 pm

I will be taking time off work, and going dark from the forums. I dont care about being a mod or not. I will lock myself away in a dark room with food and liquid and embrace the winter conditions outside. I will walk everywhere, using the camera to look around EVERYTHING and examine EVERYTHING slowly. I mean savour the moments doesnt even come close. This is going to be a full on not sleeping 100% playthrough.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ys » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:31 pm

Slow and steady. Though I usually seem to take longer to finish games in general compared to the average. Not to the point of never getting anywhere though. I just try to discover more things in later playthroughs.

And I think Yu will try to keep spoilers to a minimum. I got that impression from some of his answers in interviews.
I myself already doubted if I would try the demo since I don't want to spoil the total experience. Though he can do as some others have done. Those demos allowed them to test enough while giving the players just enough so it represents the game.

Reprise wrote:I mean, you're old enough to go on a quest to avenge your father's death, mess with the Chinese mafia, get into fights and get a job, but oh boy, you better be home before 11 (or is it 11:30 - I forget), because you don't want to upset poor old Ine-San lol.

Hey, we all need to draw the line somewhere. It's a matter of principles ;)
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:32 pm

Peter wrote: I will be taking time off work, and going dark from the forums. I dont care about being a mod or not. I will lock myself away in a dark room with food and liquid and embrace the winter conditions outside. I will walk everywhere, using the camera to look around EVERYTHING and examine EVERYTHING slowly. I mean savour the moments doesnt even come close. This is going to be a full on not sleeping 100% playthrough.

Can I put in a time off request at work 2.5 years in advance?
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Reprise » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:37 pm

One thing I do know, the day Shenmue 3 comes out, I will be booking that day off work (or maybe the week...) too ;-)
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby TheThirdComing » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:41 pm

Oh I shall just relax and go at my own pace. I won't hold back on every story point just to fish for every single little extra but I won't be rushing through the story either. I'll just embrace it as I go and see what appeals to me upon playing it.
TheThirdComing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:58 pm

Slowly. Very slowly. I want to enjoy every second and try hard to find every tiny little detail and side mission.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:42 pm

It will literally be about 2-3 months after the game is released that I even start my reply of Shenmue 1, I reckon. I can totally relate to that guy who said he's been waiting all these years to finally finish Shenmue 2 (but how diligent must he have been to avoid spoilers?!?). Whenever something I've waited for so long for finally comes along, I always want to wait as long as possible before I enjoy it (when I finally get a girlfriend, she'll waiting years before we "get it on"), I just want to enjoy it's existence, and I think Shenmue 3's existence will indeed be an existence worth savoring. It'll feel like you're one of those crazy guys who've spent years looking for a big foot, and then you finally find the furry guy! Or like you're a homeopath whose just found hard cold scientific evidence that water does have a memory. The latter would be a very great day for me too.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SlySpy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:00 pm

I to be somewhat of a completionist when I play most games, and Shenmue is best played at a deliberate pace, so I definitely wouldn't rush it. I'd most definitely have to stay away from forums like this when it comes out though. I don't want to be spoiled, and I want to go through this as if I am the character, much like how it felt to play 1 and 2.
SlySpy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby bikingjehuty » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:06 pm

I will likely play it ravenously, probably beating it in a day or two depending on its length. I've been waiting for this game so long that I can't see it being any other way :)

bikingjehuty has received a thanks from: Benwah
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:31 pm

south carmain wrote: We're all getting the bad ending aren't we...

For those of us who are going to take it slow, the bad ending should be our goal the first play through.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III