After Shenmue III (Yu Suzuki's comments on IV)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: After Shenmue III (Yu Suzuki's comments on IV)

Postby mue 26 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:04 pm

I've really come around to the idea of Shenmue 3 not being the end. I honestly think I want the mythical like hope of more of the saga hanging over my head for as long as possible. I want to grow old with the Shenmue saga, I want to raise my grand children playing Shenmue 5 on PS15.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:04 pm

He said a few months back it would probably take through Shenmue 5 to finish the whole story. That was when I really suspected he had reached an agreement with sega and whoever else. But it's got me worried about 3's success. He have to make sure the copies fly off the shelves...or servers.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:16 pm

mue 26 wrote: I've really come around to the idea of Shenmue 3 not being the end. I honestly think I want the mythical like hope of more of the saga hanging over my head for as long as possible. I want to grow old with the Shenmue saga, I want to raise my grand children playing Shenmue 5 on PS15.

This.

For some reason, ive came round to the idea that Lan Di isnt the end goal. That saga is the beginning of a greater saga going on.

Who cares if the original was 16 chapters. We have only had a handful so far, so it could be rewritten, by someone coming in to inherit Suzukis work if he gives his blessing. Perhaps this is the beginning of a new gamer! A new way of making huge open world games on a budget. I mean Suzuki had to invent a new data compression method for Shenmue 2.... the guy is an innovator, but also an inspiration. Who knows what kid is reading all of this out there, and can use all of this as an inspiration to change the gaming future.

Who knows... everyone is crying over the kickstarter total, but i am so optimistic, that the future Shenmue games can wake people up to what a GAME should be. Emotion, intensity, effort.... things GTA and Call of Duty dont offer. Gamers are getting bored of Halo and are looking for something different, and life is always about re-inventing what was great from before, and making it contemporary. Thats what Shenmue could be for all we know.

Fuck the kickstarter total bickering, its this stuff that gets me PUMPED!

Peter has received a thanks from: myshtuff
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Previous

Return to Shenmue III