10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:39 pm

LanDC wrote:
sand4fish wrote: [color=#FFFFFF]I can't believe all 3 of the people who bought dinner with Yu Suzuki belong to this place. This forum is definitely the best Shenmue Forum out there!

Ken Sugimori isn't here, as far as I know. He's the artist for Pokemon. He posted on his Twitter that he got it.

https://twitter.com/SUPER_32X/status/610645120526848000

Ops... 2 out of 3 then. My bad... but still the best forum. :D
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:47 pm

wdrpgwd wrote: I feel guilty now, Peter...

I feel like I need to explain who I am now.. I'm not a casual Shenmue fan. My brother and I are 35. We are identical twins and we help lead a school just outside Guilin in Yangshou where we teach poor kids English in helping them get scholarships to achieve better education.

This was inspired by Shenmue. My Avatar is of me laying on a raft on the Lijiang river just outside Guilin.

I've been there from the beginning like most of you. This will be a great experience in my life that I will treasure until I die.

EDIT:

You can find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerEnglishTeacher?fref=ts

A lot of the pictures are of my brother and I.

Here is me with the kids.

Guess that's just what I'd expect of Shenmue. Shenmue is so inspiring. =D> Yangshuo and its surrounding areas are so great, I envy you guys for living there. Backpacker's mecca. :D

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: wdrpgwd
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby wdrpgwd » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:52 pm

This is also an investment.

My brother and I are 2nd in command at this school and we are getting larger every year. The owner is getting older and we plan to take over the school full time. We would love to design it around Shenmue and have members of the Dojo come teach English and live our their dreams of living in Guilin.

We have many connections here and a degree is not required for our school. Some basic Chinese is required though. You don't need a teaching Visa either. A basic passport is all you need but you have to leave within 90 days.

We are still in the planning stage for how we are going to do this.

Peter wrote: I cant help hide my disappointment, but i am glad Yu will be meeing proper Shenmue fans. I guess it just wasnt meant to be for me. Well done all of you! Of course, PM me if anyone feels like they cant make it or whatever. But enjoy when you all go.

I still habe hope YS.net will get back to my request to open up some more dinner options. I dont see the problem with printing some more copies of the Shen scripts and adding an extra seat at the dinner table. The 10k is there if they really want it, but i am not giving all that money just as a donation.

Peter, I feel I owe you. I will make it up to you. I promise. I never go back on my word. I have a kinship with Irish people. ;-) I love Fanore and Galway and thought of living there someday. I've been there twice. Maybe you can still come to Japan with us somehow.
Last edited by wdrpgwd on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wdrpgwd
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Locke_cole » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:58 pm

wdrpgwd wrote: This is also an investment.

My brother and I are 2nd in command at this school and we are getting larger every year. The owner is getting older and we plan to take over the school full time. We would love to design it around Shenmue and have members of the Dojo come teach English and live our their dreams of living in Guilin.

We have many connections here and a degree is not required for our school. Some basic Chinese is required though. You don't need a teaching Visa either. A basic passport is all you need but you have to leave within 90 days.

I will def give up my big time marketing analyst job to hop on that opportunity, keep us up to date.

Locke_cole has received a thanks from: wdrpgwd
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby b_ren » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:00 pm

wdrpgwd wrote: I feel guilty now, Peter...

I feel like I need to explain who I am now.. I'm not a casual Shenmue fan. My brother and I are 35. We are identical twins and we help lead a school just outside Guilin in Yangshou where we teach poor kids English in helping them get scholarships to achieve better education.

This was inspired by Shenmue. My Avatar is of me laying on a raft on the Lijiang river just outside Guilin.

I've been there from the beginning like most of you. This will be a great experience in my life that I will treasure until I die.

EDIT:

You can find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerEnglishTeacher?fref=ts

A lot of the pictures are of my brother and I.

Here is me with the kids.

That sounds totally awesome!

I'm glad someone like you got the opportunity to buy it.

b_ren has received a thanks from: wdrpgwd
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby EverybodyLovesRen » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Awesome, I got my TEFL certification a few years ago in Thailand. I was thinking of visiting Guilin in a couple of years or so. May have to stay in touch. :)
EverybodyLovesRen
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby NeoShredder » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Do we know who got the original jacket?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Peter wrote: I cant help hide my disappointment, but i am glad Yu will be meeing proper Shenmue fans. I guess it just wasnt meant to be for me. Well done all of you! Of course, PM me if anyone feels like they cant make it or whatever. But enjoy when you all go.

I still habe hope YS.net will get back to my request to open up some more dinner options. I dont see the problem with printing some more copies of the Shen scripts and adding an extra seat at the dinner table. The 10k is there if they really want it, but i am not giving all that money just as a donation.

Peter, I feel I owe you. I will make it up to you. I promise. I never go back on my word. I have a kinship with Irish people. ;-) I love Fanore and Galway and thought of living there someday. I've been there twice. Maybe you can still come to Japan with us somehow.

Mate, God no dont feel any negative thoughts! Im cool now! Just the rawness of the immediate aftermath of the realisation i didnt have the money in place sooner. That is 100% my own fault, and theres no reason to feel bad.

Im over the moon now that you are a 100% proper Shenmue fan, and also are getting an excellent opportunity which is so muchly deserved with all the amazing work you do. Way more amazing and humble than any work i do in my life. You are more than worthy, and you will have an awesome time! Plus you will get to meet the legendary LanDC. Matt is such an awesome guy!

Also Galway is my favourite place on this planet! Its easily the most beautiful place i have ever been to, and a true testament to how amazing Ireland is a place to be in. The luck of the Irish favoured you here mate. Im full Irish, so the luck of the Irish for me, is actually bad luck so it all checks out :lol:

You never know, maybe i could be there with you if YS.net get back to me with some positive news. Like i said, i dont see the problem with throwing an extra bowl of noodles on the table and a few seconds to shake Suzukis hand. But if not, then thats cool. Whats meant to be is meant to be and i have zero problems with that. :nice!:

Peter has received a thanks from: wdrpgwd
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ys » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:01 pm

Damn, reading the thread now (unfortunately) got me more interested in this than I initially was. It's good in a way that all places are taken. Otherwise I would sit here and think it over while I rather shouldn't at the moment. But the right people are going at least which is good.

ys has received a thanks from: Bambi
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby joka » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:29 pm

I was actually wondering if anyone from the dojo were the $10k backers!

So awesome :D
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:36 pm

ys wrote: But the right people are going at least which is good.

YS and LanDC... the meeting of two legends =D>
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:39 pm

@Peter

Have you just tried asking them if they'd make an exception for you? I'm sure if you explain that you're well known as Ireland's biggest Shenmue fan, you've been a consistent presence in community since forever, and that you're willing to pay him $10,000 for the privilege, it would be pretty hard for Yu Suzuki to deny you a seat. Well, it's certainly worth a shot at least.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Yea bud. I didnt go into too much detail, but i did email YS.net. Hopefully get a positive response. Not only would it be a dream come true, but it would be in the realms of unbelievable to do it with 2 fellow Dojo'ers
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm sure it'll work out somehow, mate!

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Peter
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:51 pm

If not you can go to dinner with me for $10,000. Nando's and I'll even pay.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III