10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

Postby Aimless Gamer » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:24 pm

wdrpgwd wrote: We have been getting some backlash in China. Somebody here has published my post and it got sent to China and in the translation it was written that we were implying that local kids in Yangshuo are poor. We teach children from all over China and not all of them are impoverished. Yangshuo is not a poor city and the kids in the picture are part of a summer program from bigger cities.

We are in the middle of damage control now. Many of the locals are happy about the exposure. The school has received tremendous attention and we hope it will mean growth for everyone. I'm hoping this gets corrected soon. We are doing a couple interviews with news outlets in the coming days.

Who new one response on a message board could turn into this.

Yokosuka Martian wrote: So how much money do you think would be necessary to do such a thing?

It's not expensive. Your biggest cost will be getting here.

Here is the cost comparison for Chicago vs. Guangzhou

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+States&country2=China&city1=Chicago%2C+IL&city2=Guangzhou

Guangzhou is more expensive than Guilin but you can see how far your money goes there. It's very affordable.

I hope it all works out for you. You seem like such an amazing person. Let us know if theres anything we can do.

Aimless Gamer has received 3 thanks from: NeoShredder, PacemaŜinobo, wdrpgwd
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Aimless Gamer » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Peter wrote: Cedric Biscay replied to me on Twitter and is going to check if an extra space can be made for me! He also retweeted the message! Fingers crossed, the dream still has hope!

Best of luck Peter, you deserve it!
Aimless Gamer

XBL: Aimless Gamer

Postby wdrpgwd » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Peter wrote: Cedric Biscay replied to me on Twitter and is going to check if an extra space can be made for me! He also retweeted the message! Fingers crossed, the dream still has hope!

Peter, I think we need to make it clear to them that the other 3 donators want you there. They may worry legally that if they allow you to join us that it would breach the agreement since the other 3 donators agreed to pledge under the terms that it would only be 3 of us with Yu.

If they added 20 more people it would certainly lose its value for me. I'm sure LanDC would agree that we both want you there and we need to make it clear to them that is the case. I don't know who the 3rd person is now that we know it's not Ken but we may have to get that persons consent as well.

Just thinking out loud.

EDIT:

There is also this which I will need to get clarification on. If it is true that I can bring a friend, I'll plan to bring my brother.
wdrpgwd
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Anything that can be done to help is beyond appreciated!! You guys are deserved of it so I don't want to ruffle any feathers. I said to Cedric in my final tweet to him that I know the other 3 who are going from the Shenmue Dojo community. But I also know that Yu has specifically kept the numbers low because he wants to speak to each fan and have a relaxing experience with them.

Also yes, a backer can bring a friend. Matt is taking David Deville which is awesome. I wouldn't want to be someone's tag a long though. I want to be a backer.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:14 pm

They could always just add a similar tier. I mean, what, does he only eat once every couple of years or some shit?

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Rakim
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby James Brown » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:22 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: They could always just add a similar tier. I mean, what, does he only eat once every couple of years or some shit?

Maybe Ryo is actually modelled after Yu Suzuki :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Doom_Infinite » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:45 pm

They should add a new tier, Eat pizza with Yu Suzuki.
Doom_Infinite

Postby Rakim » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:00 pm

The new tier should be win a date with Yu Suzuki. And they should do it auction style to see just how much they can milk outta youse.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ys » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Kiyuu wrote:
LanDC wrote:
sand4fish wrote: I can't believe all 3 of the people who bought dinner with Yu Suzuki belong to this place. This forum is definitely the best Shenmue Forum out there!

Ken Sugimori isn't here, as far as I know. He's the artist for Pokemon. He posted on his Twitter that he got it.

Oh, hi Kiyuu! I hadn't seen you around yet since the news. How are you?
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:17 pm

FUCK! My extra funds got delayed until Monday!!! If a spot opens between now and Friday (when I get my salary which is enough to cover the pledge approval) I am royally screwed and I will cry. Hard!

Edit: might be ok. Friends credit card is on standby.

Again, I can't handle this....
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby James Brown » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Peter wrote: FUCK! My funds got delayed until Monday!!! If a spot opens between now and Friday I am royally screwed and I will cry. Hard!

Will it not still let you pick the tier though Peter? Like as long as you have the funds by the 18th - hence the troll pledges early on?
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby NeoShredder » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:22 pm

Peter wrote: FUCK! My funds got delayed until Monday!!! If a spot opens between now and Friday I am royally screwed and I will cry. Hard!

Dude, if it helps, I think you can still put a pledge down on the page. The card isn't charged until end of the campaign right? Or would you be paying directly?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby mrandyk » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:30 pm

You can pledge the money even if you don't have it at that point in time, you will not be charged until the end of the campaign.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Peter wrote: Anything that can be done to help is beyond appreciated!! You guys are deserved of it so I don't want to ruffle any feathers. I said to Cedric in my final tweet to him that I know the other 3 who are going from the Shenmue Dojo community. But I also know that Yu has specifically kept the numbers low because he wants to speak to each fan and have a relaxing experience with them.

Also yes, a backer can bring a friend. Matt is taking David Deville which is awesome. I wouldn't want to be someone's tag a long though. I want to be a backer.

So... if you get it Peter I can be your tag along, right? \:D/
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:36 pm

You need a fifth of the pledge amount in your account. Kickstarter checks this via processing. At least it does with the 10,000 pledge. It checked the others accounts to see if they had 2000 in them
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III