10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Yokosuka Martian wrote:
Peter wrote: Anything that can be done to help is beyond appreciated!! You guys are deserved of it so I don't want to ruffle any feathers. I said to Cedric in my final tweet to him that I know the other 3 who are going from the Shenmue Dojo community. But I also know that Yu has specifically kept the numbers low because he wants to speak to each fan and have a relaxing experience with them.

Also yes, a backer can bring a friend. Matt is taking David Deville which is awesome. I wouldn't want to be someone's tag a long though. I want to be a backer.

So... if you get it Peter I can be your tag along, right? \:D/

I have already informed Cedric that it would be me only, and I would not be bringing a friend.

The reason for this is because as far as I am aware, this is to be an intimate dinner party so he can talk one on one with the little number of people in attendance. In fairness, 3 people have rightfully earned their spot. I am gatecrashing, or pushing my way in here, and devaluing their pledges based on the information that was given at the time. 4 people there isn't 3 as stipulated in the 10,000 pledge to begin with.

What if they take offence to me being there if it was allowed? They could rightfully withdraw their pledges if they feel it's too crowded an event. So I've made it clear it would just be me.

Either way, who knows what can happen. It's in the hands of the Shenmue God's now.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:43 pm

It'll attempt to charge you three times across about a week or so if you don't have the correct funds in your account. You should be fine.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Peter wrote:
Yokosuka Martian wrote:
Peter wrote: Anything that can be done to help is beyond appreciated!! You guys are deserved of it so I don't want to ruffle any feathers. I said to Cedric in my final tweet to him that I know the other 3 who are going from the Shenmue Dojo community. But I also know that Yu has specifically kept the numbers low because he wants to speak to each fan and have a relaxing experience with them.

Also yes, a backer can bring a friend. Matt is taking David Deville which is awesome. I wouldn't want to be someone's tag a long though. I want to be a backer.

So... if you get it Peter I can be your tag along, right? \:D/

I have already informed Cedric that it would be me only, and I would not be bringing a friend.

The reason for this is because as far as I am aware, this is to be an intimate dinner party so he can talk one on one with the little number of people in attendance. In fairness, 3 people have rightfully earned their spot. I am gatecrashing, or pushing my way in here, and devaluing their pledges based on the information that was given at the time. 4 people there isn't 3 as stipulated in the 10,000 pledge to begin with.

What if they take offence to me being there if it was allowed? They could rightfully withdraw their pledges if they feel it's too crowded an event. So I've made it clear it would just be me.

Either way, who knows what can happen. It's in the hands of the Shenmue God's now.

It was worth a try, haha. I hope it works out for you Pete!
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:11 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: It'll attempt to charge you three times across about a week or so if you don't have the correct funds in your account. You should be fine.

After it ends? Yea, 7 days to cough up the dosh. But it's down to 2 things:

1 being allowed to attend
2 getting £1200 in my account to secure the pledge, before getting the full amount in my account.

A lot of hurdles to overcome.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Or, try it another way. They obviously know about the Dojo, so why not instead ask if you can do an interview as a long-standing mod? I genuinely reckon you'd be in with a chance that way, and can even get an insight into the development, asking the right questions n'all that, to not only get you the kinda reward you're looking for, but benefit the community too.

It's at least worth a try, and it could help the Dojo out immensely. Obviously you'd probably need Yama to give you the thumbs up, but I can't see him not doing. Unless of course he realises that it's his chance to do it too n swiped it off you like Mr. Burns trying to steal candy from a baby. Then again, we all know how that turned out...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Thanks to him. Glad I can tag along. I wanted the script too but just the dinner is fine. Great opportunity !

DEVILLE_David has received 4 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Peter, Supa, wdrpgwd
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Supa » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:49 pm

That's awesome you get to go, David!
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:16 pm

aizen59 wrote:
Peter wrote:

Thanks to him. Glad I can tag along. I wanted the script too but just the dinner is fine. Great opportunity !

No offence was intended there David. :nice!:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby DEVILLE_David » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:13 pm

No prob Peter ! I'd love to go as a backer myself and would have been possible if I knew Shenmue III KS was coming few months before to save up the money but there's nothing I can do. Still, having the chance to go makes me happy ! :mrgreen:

DEVILLE_David has received a thanks from: Peter
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby asnozz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:24 pm

Good luck Peter! I'm sure they'd be able to organise something even if you don't join the dinner - (as you're right about the 3 person listing). Maybe... 2 hours at a Sega arcade and a coffee with Yu Suzuki in Akihabara? :king:

asnozz has received a thanks from: Peter
asnozz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: asnozz
XBL: asnozz360
Steam: asnozz

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:31 pm

I am doing... in fact, i have done everything I can think of to make it a reality. Like David said, if I had a little more prep time it would have been a done deal! But I was late to scrambling everything together and by the time I got all the resources and finances, the spots were locked down.

But I live in hope everyday. It's a pure test of patience, and I have been using social media to the best of my ability to try and make a miracle happen.

Thanks Asnozz buddy! At the end of the day, it's meant to be. It's in the hands of the PTBs now. If nothing comes of the efforts, I will still be forever thankful to everyone who helped me along the way, at least try and achieve my dream.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:42 pm

^ For what is worth, I tried to ask specifically about you in the Kickstarter.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Peter
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:06 pm

Anything, always appreciated Sand. Twitter was the biggest outpouring of love I got, with a lot of people retweeting my asking if Cedric Biscay to inquire about my request.

On a side note, I know at this point the slots are taken my genuine backers, but I have my phone on full volume 24/7 and if anyone were to see a free space on the KS page, IMMEDIATELY message me!

Facebook - www.Facebook.com/petercampbell44
Twitter - @ShenmuePete

Keeping the dream alive.....
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:12 pm

Yu should offer a ride in his Ferrari, at least if you speak Japanese well that should be more interesting than a dinner with a bunch of people.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:32 pm

To be honest, I really would love to be at the dinner, to also meet and share the moment with LanDC, Aizen, wdrpgwd, his brother, whoever the other 2 people who are there. Also Cedric, or anyone else who is in attendance. It would be the single most quintessential event I could ever be at in my life, along with the birth of a child if I ever have one.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III