4gamer interview - character perspective system [spoiler]

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: 4gamer interview - character perspective system [spoiler

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:32 pm

As some have said, I'm not sure Yu simply saying 'characters like Shenhua and Ren' explicitly confirms that Ren is indeed returning, but we all saw the scene where he throws his knife at Guilin on the map, so I think we knew it was kind of a given. Will be interesting to see how this works, maybe we'll see points in the story where Ryo and Shenhua have to split up and we follow what they're both doing...
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:32 pm

Imagine if during the yellow head building scenes with Ryo and Ren you could switch control between them in selected moments. Kinda like GTA V
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SquallAdv » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:03 am

This is awesome, and Ren character -almost- confirmed as a playable character!
Thank you very much for the translation! :D
SquallAdv
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: CharlesLord
Steam: SquallAdv
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Chaikilla » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:27 am

I wanted to make a thread on the possibility of ShenHua being a playable character with her own storyline quite a while ago but never got around to it. Pretty cool how we'll being using ShenHua at some points in the game and I think it's a necessary compromise for people who want the mystical (ShenHua) elements of the game seperated from the more realistc path Ryo takes (choosing to fight using martial arts). If the ending of Shenmue 2 (floating sword) and the project Berkley videos (where Shenhua was firing Hadokens) are anything to go by, Shenmue 3 will explore more "mystical" elements.

The character perspective system might give us the chance to explore a completely new, "magical" fighting style through ShenHua. I could see Ryo and ShenHua getting seperated at some point in the game, with Ryo walking down a more realistc path and ShenHua going down a more mystical one. Just a thought, please don't kill me y_y

Chaikilla has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Previous

Return to Shenmue III