Your Reaction To The News of SIII Announcement?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Your Reaction To The News of SIII Announcement?

Postby bikingjehuty » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:15 am

My girlfriend and I were watching the Sony press conference live on my laptop. I was riding high from The Last Story, but especially from the FF7 Remake announcement. They played some stupid little indie game trailer right after FF7 Remake which i basically ignored while I was talking to my GF how hyped I was for FF7 Remake and how I couldn't believe Square finally decided to do it. Then it goes back to Adam Boyce and the Kickstarter logo appears behind him appears. My initial thoughts were that he was going to talk about Bloodstained given how successful it was and how i has just ended a few days earlier. However, in the back of my mind I was hoping it would have to do with Shenmue. . .

I honestly didn't even notice the single flower peddle dropping when the trailer started, but rather I heard the beginning of the Shenmue theme, a song I have listed to probably a 1000 times now play. I let out the loudest, most shrill scream I have ever let out. This scream, and nothing even remotely like it has ever come out of me. At this point I am so hyped up and excited I have no idea if this is for Shenmue 3, and HD remake of the first two, or just a re-release, but honestly I don't care. I am doing my best to focus on the trailer and Yu Suzuki talking, but by now I am literally hyperventilating and on the verge of crying from being so excited and happy.

And then the Shenmue III logo appears on the video. . .I completely lose it and start balling my eyes out. I am not an extremely emotional guy, but the culmination of my intense love for the series, years and years of frustration and disappointment, and being more excited than I have been in probably years just overwhelmed all at once and I was literally crying my eyes out hysterically. I wasn't able to pull myself together until around the time Boyce and Suzuki were counting down to the Kickstarter and missed most of the trailer.

Immediately after, still crying some, I desperately tried getting on the Shenmue 3 KS page, but the servers were not responding due to heavy traffic. My tears and shock eventually gave way to the most intense happiness I may have ever experienced. I barely slept at all that night and was on a high for about 2-days after that. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life and I will never forget it.
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Previous

Return to Shenmue III