Your Reaction To The News of SIII Announcement?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Your Reaction To The News of SIII Announcement?

Postby Jeff » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:01 pm

I saw the day prior the Yu Suzuki forklift picture and was kind of optimistic, then again Yu messed with us before so I wasn't sure. I could tell there were more grumblings about SIII than in past E3's. So I expected the announcement to be at the Square Enix presentation the morning after, given those screenshots we saw. I tuned into the Sony Presser, never look at them live before, but something in my head said 'I should watch this', kind of like when my mind told me to buy the game not really knowing what it was.
So the first title was being announced and that Drew Carey lookalike said something to the effect 'this game everyone has been waiting for, a story about heroism and friendship' and you can hear people all getting worked up. Chills went through me. Then it was some game I've never heard before about a large demon dog thing and I'm like...are they screwing with us? Is it coming in the end? So when it did finally come, I was a mix between relieved like "FINALLY!" and excitment. Trying to text my brother but my hands were shaking so it made it difficult. Remember saying constantly 'oh man, I can't believe it finally happened' and 'this is what the East Germans must have felt like when the wall came down' :-D
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby NismoZZzz » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:03 pm

I was disappointed by the others conferences so I was just chilling playing Yakuza 4 doing some side quests. Eventually my phone is blowing up with text from my old friends saying it was announced. I ignored and kept playing. Eventually I went to my computer and saw it was true. I got goosebumps all over reading and watching all the videos. I felt like a little kid because I have not been this excited about anything in my life for a long time. I donated my $300 and will donate more.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby code l name » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Like many I read the chatter before the event including Suzuki's forklift twitter posting but after so many years and so many disappointments I deliberately told myself not to expect anything.

When Last Guardian opened the event, I raised my hopes thinking this could be it. Nothing. Then the FF7 remake announcement came and I thought there was no way Shenmue III will now appear.

The moment I saw Kickstarter logo something changed and when that music and introduction came in I was ecstatic. M girlfriend came into the room who is a non-gamer so I resisted the urge to scream and shout but inside I was jumping inside when Suzuki came out. Immediately grabbed my wallet and pledged $300. First time I've ever contributed to a KS campaign.

code l name has received a thanks from: Himuro
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Locke_cole » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:05 pm

I was still buzzed off fallout 4 the night before. the day of I was watching all the e3 conferences at work and I remember the microsoft conference being so lame. I was home by the time the Sony press conference started. So they open with a feather dropping and for a brief second I was like "noooooo", but it was the Last Guardian. I was bummed I got a brief glimmer of hope for Shenmue, but I was happy as hell about The Last Guardian.

As the conference goes on I'm playing with my daughter and my wife is in the kitchen and I hear the words "final fantasy" So I look as this trailer comes on and I think "what is this...maybe ff6?" No, maybe its some weird kingdom hearts game? no...wtf....wtf is this crap? World of final fantasy? Garbage" Then I see something else....the lifestream from FF7. I stand straight up as the trailer plays...I hear Jenovas heart beat....I see the slide....I see the train and sector 7...I see barret's gun...I see Clouds sword...then REMAKE!!! I fucking LOST it I was jumping up and down and yelling, my wife had this wtf look on her face.

I am just so super hyped and they are playing some indie stuff and im not paying attention and then it happens, almost in slow motion. I hear the shenmue music and turn to my tv an absolutely lose my shit. My wife said that she never heard me make hat sound before.
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ys » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:15 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: It felt anti-climactic. I felt nothing. But it's had a bit of a snowball effect on me.

Yeah, as I wrote earlier, I felt quite neutral. But I usually react that way and knew that I would get very invested as things progress. Which has been the case. Another part was scepticism so I looked up more information. But strange enough a small part of me found it almost logical that it appeared. Probably connecting the dots of the two previous years.
Besides that, I was still surprised after reading one minute earlier that some vocalist would return to a band that I like.

Reprise wrote:...Then my wife came out the shower and wondered to know what was wrong with me (I am not a 'morning' person at all... lol), as it was completely out of character for me to get up that early. Then I spent all morning (and all lunch time and all after work) annoying her by going on and on about Shenmue 3 and how it's the greatest day of my life (second only to our wedding day) :P

Haha, nice one. And I know that "what's wrong" :P I myself couldn't sleep that night and was just reading a bit. It doesn't really get dark here now so when you stay up a bit too late it's totally bright and the tiredness can disappear a bit.
Anyway, I didn't follow E3 too closely but thought : " What the hell, I'll just have a look at the Dojo." Then I saw the news. A bit later (7 in the morning) I awoke her to tell the news. She's also a huge fan so she didn't complain ;) Before she went back to sleep, she had a look at the trailer, the Kickstarter page etc.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby murdiaries » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Got alot of hype built up with that square-enix hoax, got debunked then the forklift image from Yu.
Waited for E3 MS conference, no Shenmue.
The only other chance would had been on Sony conference but given different timezone I had to sleep and dreamt of Sony's conference without Shenmue 3! :shock:

As soon as I woke up, I've read vg news and BANG! Heart stopped! Start punching pillow and screaming, with my wife watching me with a WTF look. Then I explained her Shenmue 3 is real. And fucking called every Shenmue-lover friend I know.
murdiaries
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby FRASIER v3 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:22 pm

Still remember scrolling down the IGN news feed, rolling past it then back up to it and then...

The rest was history.
FRASIER v3
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Tears of joy, nothing more nothing less.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:40 pm

After all the years i took Yu's picture of a forklift on twitter as a tasteless joke. When i finally read about it i was like "Jeez, he finally did it." When i opened the kickstarter page it was already far over 2 million and then i was like "Wow, it sure is for real."
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Set12 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:51 pm

"Oh, I bet this is going to be some rubbish indie game. [petals] NO!"

Then I laughed when Kickstarter died.
Set12

My Reaction to Shenmue 3 Being Announced

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:33 am

Hey all,
Here is my reaction to Shenmue 3 being announced. Yeah I cry... alot.
One of the happiest days of my life.

phpBB [video]

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: Truck_1_0_1_
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Re: My Reaction to Shenmue 3 Being Announced

Postby 7heavens » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:07 pm

I'd like to hear some of ur theories of shenmue 3.
7heavens
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 pm

There's a few reaction topics already.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:12 pm

7heavens wrote: I'd like to hear some of ur theories of shenmue 3.

Sure! Here are some!

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Thief » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:41 am

Mine:

*hears Shenmue music*
"That's fucking Shenmue."
*silently watches*
*pledges money*
*wastes time on dojo*

Thief has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext