The Know is going to ruin SH3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The Know is going to ruin SH3

Postby Reprise » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:04 am

south carmain wrote:
chris1986 wrote: Yea but what they are saying makes sense, why are they trying to get all this fucking money off of us when Sony are more than financially capable of fully funding the game, the ps4 has sold exceptionally well, they have billions upon billions, trying to squelch 10 million dollars from fans is daylight robbery.

Because it's not SONY's game it's being made by Ys NET. Why are people talking as if it's SONY's god given duty to fund a game that isn't first party? We should be happy they're giving yu any support at all considering no one else would.

Exactly. Shenmue isn't a charity and Sony are a business. It's already been explained that Kickstarter was the best and only way forward.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elmatto » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:56 pm

chris1986 wrote: Yea but what they are saying makes sense, why are they trying to get all this fucking money off of us when Sony are more than financially capable of fully funding the game, the ps4 has sold exceptionally well, they have billions upon billions, trying to squelch 10 million dollars from fans is daylight robbery.

I actually read somewhere that Sony isn't doing so hot, despite everything.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mrandyk » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:02 pm

elmatto wrote:

I actually read somewhere that Sony isn't doing so hot, despite everything.

I have heard that as well and can definitely understand it. Sony doesn't have even close to the market share they once did for their various consumer electronics (barring the PS4 of course).
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ys » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Is the internet still going on about this? Fucking hell, people are stupid and/or desperate for clicks.

Suuure, it's obviously a scam. Yu didn't even want to promise too much in an interview just in case it doesn't make it into the game. Since it would feel like betraying the fans he thought. Now that really sounds like the type of guy who wants to scam people. Combine that with Sony officially providing support and proudly showing the game on E3.
It's of course totally worth it for a multinational company as Sony to be associated with a scam. Who cares about reputation (extending to banking) when they might earn a few million dollars on top of their tens of billions ? #-o

There are quite a few AAA-titles out there with missing or broken promised features. Maybe these "Internet journalists" can go the extra mile to sabotage those as they're trying here. And where were all of them during the Bloodstained campaign? There were also unknown funders there but they didn't seem to care as much for some reason.

ys has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Reprise
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby ImGladUmad » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:49 pm

jay_mack wrote: #gamesjournalism

I dunno if I really care anymore. Shenmue was a series that never reached the mainstream. This is a youtube video for the mainstream, and they can think what they want - the fan base is big enough that the game will be made and we'll be happy with it.

The haters will move on to something else, and this will all be forgotten.

Lets stop with the whole shenmue was never mainstream elitism BS.

Shenmue was the 4th best selling game on the Dreamcast and it was out not out for long before dreamcast died(atleast in the USA).

Please stop spreading lies as if Shenmue didn't sell that well, it sold good on the Dreamcast...Was the Dreamcast mainstream? Not sure, I do know it use to be the #1 console shown on tv shows/music videos etc during it's little reign but selling wise it bombed.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby jay_mack » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:03 pm

ImGladUmad wrote:Lets stop with the whole shenmue was never mainstream elitism BS.

Shenmue was the 4th best selling game on the Dreamcast and it was out not out for long before dreamcast died(atleast in the USA).

Please stop spreading lies as if Shenmue didn't sell that well, it sold good on the Dreamcast...Was the Dreamcast mainstream? Not sure, I do know it use to be the #1 console shown on tv shows/music videos etc during it's little reign but selling wise it bombed.

eh, sorry if I offended you.

I never really said it didn't sell well, just that in my opinion, it never hit the mainstream. I would say that the dreamcast was the closest we've ever had to a "cult" console. I know that when I played Shenmue 1 the first time, I was one of only two people in my school that knew about it. I feel like this was true of a lot of people. It's just that it's undeniable that Shenmue is not a Halo/Gears of War/Metal Gear/GTA level video game. It's just not that famous. The way I look at this news report, it's catered to the mainstream.

I personally feel like Shenmue is not a mainstream title, and I feel like this kickstarter, and one of the most common reactions to it being "what's shenmue?" is proof enough of that.

I don't feel elitism, so much as indifference. When Shenmue 1 came out, I was the prime demographic - video games companies were trying to sell to people my age. I'm older than that now. The companies don't so much care about my dollars any more. They're trying to pull in that young cash. So *I am just happy that this game is being made at all* since young people don't care about shenmue.

Even Yu Suzuki said that one of his prime goals in the production of this game is to provide that sense of nostalgia to fans of the original. This game is FOR THE FANS. Not for just anyone. So who cares what non-fans think? It's getting funded. It's getting made. I've got mine, and this news channel can say whatever they want.

I'm just too old to be anything but excited for this game.
jay_mack
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Destiny

Postby mindcrime » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:11 pm

I was going to watch the video but... no. I'll pass. No click/wiev from me.

I've heard enough nonsense from stupid and/or poorly informed people since the Kickstarter reveal. Don't know how much more I can take.
mindcrime
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby James Brown » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:55 am

I used to quite like these guys, they do a podcast called The Patch, which i've been listening to every week whilst working, but lost a lot of respect now, left this comment for them:

I listen to The Patch whilst working every Thursday, but really lost a lot of respect for these guys. Obviously i'm a massive Shenmue fan and biased, but even so, if this is just a 'let us know what you think in the comments below' discussion type of video, why label it so poorly and use the word Scam, and talk about Scam, and say Scam...especially when your own facts about Sony's involvement are incorrect. I don't understand why if you are interested in the game, are a fan of the first 2 and would be excited about a third and buy it in a shop, would you not spend $29 now...which is already rediculously cheap for a AAA game, essentially preordering it to help make it a better experience when it is actually released? Seems crazy to me.

James Brown has received 2 thanks from: Ceej, mjq jazz bar
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby James Brown » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Don't really wanna bump this topic about these bullshitters, but only just found this. This must have been their follow up show to the original posters video link, and this appears to be recorded after they read the comments on the youtube video where they were saying scam this and scam that directed at Shenmue 3. Thought it was interesting that even after they probably read the comments and learnt the actual sitatuion of the Kickstarter, they still completely ignored it:

https://youtu.be/Nq8LAV0FI5A?t=2735

I've started it from the right timestamp, they talk a little about the Banjo Kazooie kickstarter for a bit of context.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Previous

Return to Shenmue III