There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:50 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: See, I don't agree with that being relevant. Positivity, imo, means "oh, it doesn't matter, we're getting it anyway". Negativity leads to "not good enough, I want better, I want more!" And is that not the point of the stretch goals?

I dunno, as I say - again - it just comes down to perspective.

IMO, it just comes down to you having something else to bitch about. We can all agree we want the game to be the best it can be. In any case, the only point of this thread was to help assuage the concerns people are having for reaching the 10 million figure or the fear it won't even top Bloodstained. People are getting anxious and nervous. That was all this thread was about, not saying criticism isn't warranted. You say you want it better, you want more but from what I've observed, you just want things perfect. But things won't always BE perfect, and sometimes "pretty good" is good enough. Let this thread be.

Himuro has received 2 thanks from: Mystere, Reprise
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Nah, ain't avin that. Waited half my life. A conclusion to the story's never been high on my list. I just want another, better, Shenmue game. Suzuki's already said that two mil's the minimum and it's just to complete the story. Fair enough, that may be good enough for peeps who were willing to settle for a novel or manga or summat, but it never has been for me.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: ElephantStone
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:58 pm

When the alternative is waiting the rest of your life for absolutely nothing...?
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Yeah i just said the same in that "OMG, just 31K in one day" thread. As we say in germany - the opera is not over until the fat girl finished singing. And for Shenmue that will be July 18th.

And some campaigns like "30 for 3" already look promising, I bet we can boost up the money quite a bit. Also loads of people are still in summer vacation and prolly missed the good news.

Personally i also hope that Yu Suzuki and his team will do a bit more. Some more rewards would help, look at how much bloodstained made from "brag style" rewards like "Your picture in the game", "Your name for an item" "Your dog as an enemy" and so on. I don't say we need Mitt3nz dog in the game or so, but i guess it wouldn't be much of a story breaker to have a small photo studio in one of the villages that has sample photos on the walls that could show some people who donated 2 grand and stuff. Or a capsule toy called "LanDC's guitar". Just kidding with the examples, but i guess you get how much more potential there would be. So far i think the rewards could be improved.

And not sure what the reason is for "PC and PS4". Not the worst choice of platforms, but indeed - errrr Xbox? And even if they have some exclusive agreement with Sony i think Mac OSX or Linux ports would not break the revenue much. I mean unreal engine can compile for virtually every platform, hell you could compile Shenmue 3 on iPhone if you want it.

Master Kyodai has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Reprise
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:04 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: When the alternative is waiting the rest of your life for absolutely nothing...?

I don't mind waiting til 2020 for Shenmue III as it was originally intended. Better that than a watered-down version that prematurely ends the franchise and ends up as one of the biggest disappointments in video game history.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Rikitatsu
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:06 pm

Perfect is the enemy of good.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Gavan
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Oh, wait a sec, lemme screenshot that and share it on Facebook so everyone reckons I'm all deep n enlightened n shit.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Raithos
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Reprise » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:18 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: When the alternative is waiting the rest of your life for absolutely nothing...?

I don't mind waiting til 2020 for Shenmue III as it was originally intended. Better that than a watered-down version that prematurely ends the franchise and ends up as one of the biggest disappointments in video game history.

Many people already call the Shenmue franchise in general one of the biggest disappointments in video game history.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Yeah, so let's set our sights really low... Go team positive!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Rikitatsu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:25 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
The story isn't what made Shenmue special, it's the story, plus the exploration, plus the atmosphere, the combat, the world, etc... It's how everything melded together to create this extraordinary experience that is Shenmue. That's why I always hated the idea of Shenmue 3 in the form of a novel or a manga.

I'd have a good Shenmue 3, or non-at all IMO.

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:28 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Yeah, so let's set our sights really low... Go team positive!

Yep, being on of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns of all time and having the support of Sony is really low. This game is going to suck, that's for sure.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenmuehua » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:32 pm

We re all here for the same thing: SHENMUE III.

Nobody want you to shut up. But now we aknowledged what could have been better done so let s get to work to make people agree and put some money to the project.

As we were fighting all these years together let s keep on doing like that and put our energy in it.

I know how you feel and as we can t do a lot it is easy for us to say what has been done wrong. But now is the time to stick together and let s judge the final product when it will come out.
Shenmuehua
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:36 pm

You cannot reach success without chance of failure.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:36 pm

For the record, I would rather have no Shenmue III than a terrible Shenmue III, but Shenmue III is not out yet and we are not even one month into the Kickstarter campaign so all the dismissive pleadings comes off as cynical and extremely forced. We don't know how it's going to go. It go bad, it could go well. Let's just wait and see?

Himuro has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:37 pm

Reprise wrote:

Yep, being on of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns of all time and having the support of Sony is really low. This game is going to suck, that's for sure.

$2m = Minimal game, finishes the story.
$10m = Shenmue III as Suzuki originally intended, potential for a Shenmue IV.

We're nearer to the bare minimum than we are a mid-way point, and getting even close to the $10m target is looking increasingly unlikely.

You tellin me that a 15-16 year wait for one of the most anti-climactic moments in your life would be better than around a 20 year wait for one of the greatest gaming experiences of your life?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III