There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:43 pm

Where are you coming up with 20 years? This is how we are getting Shenmue 3--through a Kickstarter that popped up 14 years after Shenmue 2. This isn't and wasn't going to happen any other way. I'll keep my hopes high. As far as I'm concerned, there is no alternative and there'd be no sequel without this Kickstarter. The series was as good as dead until a week ago.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:45 pm

We are closer to 2 million because it's been a bloody week, mittenz. For a Shenmue fan, I'm utterly shocked by your lack of patience.

Himuro has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:49 pm

We're only at that figure because it's been poorly handled. I feel that Suzuki's played his hand far too early, and it all comes across as a rush job. Also, I say about being willing to wait a few more years for the game to ensure it's of a high quality, yet that makes me impatient? Sound logic there pal!

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Bambi, ElephantStone
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby mrandyk » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:01 pm

I'm going to agree with whoever said you are more interested in finding something to bitch about. Negativity isn't necessarily unwarranted, but be constructive about it.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:02 pm

The lack of promotion off the team doing the Kickstarter is really underwhelming...where are the social media pages, the new reasons to up pledges on Kickstarter (more tiers), better introduction to the series for people who aren't already fans (it's pretty much just geared towards the established fanbase; which seems smaller nowadays than it used to be), lack of Kickstarter stretches [where are the stretches for things like the arcade games, voice acting, martial arts training returning from S1, returning development team members that Suzuki briefly talked about etc]. Suzuki should reach out to his industry friends to gain more interest. Surely he has friends in game development that would do a 30 second snippet explaining why people should pledge (ex SEGA developers, SWERY, friends at other development studios, whoever, just get more interest anyway they can). Suzuki is influential to a lot of game developers.

Relying on the fans to do all of the work for them is kind of annoying. We have day jobs, they're the ones getting paid to do these sorts of things.

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby alexironaek » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:08 pm

well...lets share my thought on the subject too. i am really really REALLY happy shenmue 3 is happening (as all of you are) , in fact from the announcement day , I've started shenmue , watch shenmue on twitch every night ext. ext. BUT i cannot relax yet... i will be when the campaign ends. as far as i can see we are not only fighting for shenmue 3 here , but also for shenmue 4. for this to happen , we need to achieve at least 6m. we need to "impress" the publishers , sony sega....anyone...we need to say "hey, we are not just 10 people wanting shenmue 3 for the last 14 years, we are hundreds , so stop ignoring us". Thats why there is negativity people. because lots of us cannot calm down and are nervous because they want the shenmue 3 Yu Suzuki wants and not an indie shenmue 3 and they do not want to wait another 14 years for shenmue 4. after the campaign ends all the negativity will go away
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:10 pm

This thread wasn't meant to bring discord among us...

There're a lot of "eyes" on this forum, and not just members. It will not matter if you are positive, negative or neutral about the whole ordeal, because THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE Shenmue 3 will ever have and if we are not together in this, there's no way we can pitch Shenmue 3 to people outside this forum.

On another topic I've been looking around and it seems that the Paypal option will be implemented soon. What is happening is that appears to be a delay for the Paypal to be added on the campaign by Kickstarter. I recall the Bloodstained Kickstarter having that option only midway through the campaign period (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, this should be a priority for Awesome Japan, as I understand credit cards are a hassle to use in parts of Europe and in South America.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:14 pm

^It's next to impossible for some people, yeah. They really should get on that asap.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby elmatto » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:19 pm

Thought id chime in. 4chan has been running ads for the kick starter. Which should help a lot. I didn't even know they were until just now.
elmatto

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:20 pm

A topic denouncing negativity on the Dojo was always going to lead to more negativity.

Newbies eh :lol:

Peter has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Raithos
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby maurox1988 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:26 pm

I am totally sure we are gonna hit $5M. Maybe not $10M, but that is not reason for negativity. I trust in Yu Suzuki, he will do his best no matter how much money the kickstarter refunds.
maurox1988
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby JC 2K3 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Is the only source for that $10m figure the reddit post? It really just reads like a number he threw out, possibly just to incite more donations.

We're really in the dark as to what the numbers actually mean, or what waiting longer would really achieve.

JC 2K3 has received a thanks from: Reprise
JC 2K3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Around $393,000 to reach $4 million. The KS has seemed a bit speedier today compared to the last couple of days.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mystere » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:32 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: We're only at that figure because it's been poorly handled. I feel that Suzuki's played his hand far too early, and it all comes across as a rush job. Also, I say about being willing to wait a few more years for the game to ensure it's of a high quality, yet that makes me impatient? Sound logic there pal!

We've spent the last 14 years waiting, waiting, waiting and being disappointed over and over. Until this month, some people would've probably accepted a Shenmue III book. I mean, 14 years for a chronological sequel? What are the chances???

And yet Shenmue III is now officially happening; it's by Yu Suzuki, involves key members of the original team, it's raised $3.6M, broke Kickstarter records, has 3 weeks to go, and has Sony's and others' financial backing. It's a ****ing miracle whichever way you look at it (in your case: gift horse, straight in the mouth)

The bottom line is, EVEN if we don't hit $10M, we can easily reach that in 2 years with Paypal. They'll offer it, why? Because they want money and we want to give it, and people like taking money. That's why.

I know the weather's shit in Manchester but Jesus, lighten up and let other people be positive.

Mystere has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, Phong
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:32 pm

JC 2K3 wrote: Is the only source for that $10m figure the reddit post? It really just reads like a number he threw out, possibly just to incite more donations.

We're really in the dark as to what the numbers actually mean, or what waiting longer would really achieve.

Why are you bringing logic and reason onto the internet? What's wrong with you? Don't you know that the game is going to be the worst thing since Pit fighter unless it reaches $10M by tomorrow!??
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III