Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:20 pm

bikingjehuty wrote: "oh, yeah I want Shenmue 3, but won't support it unless they announce a physical PS4 version."

When was this actually said here in the forums? I haven't seen this once yet, though I can't keep up with reading every single post here of course. I generally haven't seen that many negative comments around here...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:24 pm

Im anti-kickstarter and im still pledging! Shenmue is more important than kick starter at the end of the day. I have my issues with kick starter, but there other much more malicious and corrupted kick starters out there trying to take peoples money just to get ahead. This kick starter is more doing Shenmue fans a favor, and while hopefully it can make shenmue profitable again, we have always discussed the possibility of fans funding shenmue 3 for years and years on this board. At least we get a chance to try to make it as good as it can be, if it isnt up to snuff or our expectations arent met, have we really lost anything after 14 years? All we can do is gain from this situation.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby JohnBlack » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Actually im just scared that third part will be not that good as first two. And if this happens, strange feeling of uncomplition will be following me forever. It will be just like Godfather III.
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:40 pm

ratrace wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: ^The moment PayPal becomes an option I bet I back a lot more then you have mate.

I'm partly concerned about what kind of game we're getting. I 50% think it could be more of what we got before which I'd love but I think there's a 50% chance it could be a very watered down experience which will concern me. I didn't want SEGA to even make the game for awhile based on their recent output as I felt they could ruin the series. As Yu hasn't released a game since Shenmue II I'm not sure what we will get from him in 2017 and that both excites and worries me.

[-X

myshtuff wrote:

Then don't play it when it comes out. Simple as that.

Ok, I won't wait until we see the actual game to make up my mind and just write it off as shit or blindly say it'll be the best game ever right now. Heaven forbid anyone should think anything else.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby rome » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:41 pm

I'm glad we're getting the game, plain and simple. But you do have to remember we've all been waiting 14 years and will continue to wait another 2+.

That's a lot of time to think and come up with idea's of a game we thought we might never see. Can't blame people for wanting it to be the best it can be as well.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:42 pm

JohnBlack wrote: Actually im just scared that third part will be not that good as first two. And if this happens, strange feeling of uncomplition will be following me forever. It will be just like Godfather III.

I guess it comes down to two opinions.

1. Leave the legacy as is and never find out what happens after Shenmue 2.
2. Let Shenmue 3 happen (which it obviously is now) and let time tell what the game will be like.

Personally, I trust Yu Suzuki to do everything in his power to make this game great and I am sure I will love it regardless of the features added. Then again, I have always valued story above anything else so I am ok with a "watered down game" if it completes the story. This is also why I would have been fine (less so obviously) with a graphic novel continuation or something.

ratrace wrote:
myshtuff wrote:Then don't play it when it comes out. Simple as that.

Why the attack? :???:

I apologize if that sounded as an attack, but its common sense. If you do not like the way the kickstarter is going, do not back or play the game.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar

Postby ratrace » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:47 pm

JohnBlack wrote: Actually im just scared that third part will be not that good as first two. And if this happens, strange feeling of uncomplition will be following me forever. It will be just like Godfather III.

I hear you my friend, this game is one of the best gaming experiences anyone could wish for.
Shenmue is a demanding game, It would feel tragic if this doesn't go with the original script and trimming gets done that doesn't live up to it's original idea of completion.
ratrace
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby ratrace » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:55 pm

myshtuff wrote:
I apologize if that sounded as an attack, but its common sense. If you do not like the way the kickstarter is going, do not back or play the game.

I've backed the game and pledged $250, i want this near Yu's ultimate goal so we can live this games experience to the fullest.
ratrace

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:58 pm

ratrace wrote:
myshtuff wrote:

I've backed the game and pledged $250, i want this near Yu's ultimate goal so we can live this games experience to the fullest.

Well yeah of course. All of us do. But what happens if it doesn't get there. Then what? Are you going to remove your pledge or still continue to think this will be an incomplete game the entire duration of its development? I guess another issue I have is that people are viewing this 1.5 week long kickstarter as a determination that the whole game will be shit. Who knows? Maybe it will be shit, but we do not have nearly enough info to determine that. Could the kickstarter be better handled? Sure it could. But that does not mean the game will be shit regardless of its budget. Then again, I guess this all depends on your definition of what a shit game is which goes back to what I was saying above.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:05 pm

bikingjehuty wrote: We've seriously been begging for Shenmue 3 for 14-years and now that we are finally getting the game for sure at this point, I cannot believe that people are seriously complaining!

I am not even talking about the management of the KS page or the campaign in general, but people being like "oh, yeah I want Shenmue 3, but won't support it unless they announce a physical PS4 version." Or, "this game will suck if we don't reach 10-million!"

I have way more faith in Suzuki San than to think he'd only ask for 2-million just so he could give us a crap game just to finally shut us up. Apparently some people in the community think this is what he is doing :roll:

I know this is a fraction of the overall community, but it just blows my mind that some people are really complaining at this point. We are getting the game! Be happy! God damn! ](*,)

Shut up!

You are not allowed to have a rational voice, or sensible way of thinking around here! Didn't you know that?? We SHOULD BE WORRIED! WE SHOULD BE MAD!!

Im gonna go kill a kitten...

Peter has received a thanks from: myshtuff
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ratrace » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:09 pm

myshtuff wrote:Well yeah of course. All of us do. But what happens if it doesn't get there. Then what? Are you going to remove your pledge or still continue to think this will be an incomplete game the entire duration of its development? I guess another issue I have is that people are viewing this 1.5 week long kickstarter as a determination that the whole game will be shit. Who knows? Maybe it will be shit, but we do not have nearly enough info to determine that. Could the kickstarter be better handled? Sure it could. But that does not mean the game will be shit regardless of its budget. Then again, I guess this all depends on your definition of what a shit game is which goes back to what I was saying above.

All Shenmue fans in this board will play Shenmue 3 if the funds reach max 5 million.
Personally i would want the full funded game, not a 'lite' version, this series is high on detail and expectations are incredibly high as this point.

I'm happy if we don't get the next installment if anything happens, the first two hold a special place for me growing up playing them on my Dreamcast.

So far this has been an amazing roller coaster ride for all of us.
ratrace

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 pm

ratrace wrote:
myshtuff wrote:Well yeah of course. All of us do. But what happens if it doesn't get there. Then what? Are you going to remove your pledge or still continue to think this will be an incomplete game the entire duration of its development? I guess another issue I have is that people are viewing this 1.5 week long kickstarter as a determination that the whole game will be shit. Who knows? Maybe it will be shit, but we do not have nearly enough info to determine that. Could the kickstarter be better handled? Sure it could. But that does not mean the game will be shit regardless of its budget. Then again, I guess this all depends on your definition of what a shit game is which goes back to what I was saying above.

All Shenmue fans in this board will play Shenmue 3 if the funds reach max 5 million.
Personally i would want the full funded game, not a 'lite' version, this series is high on detail and expectations are incredibly high as this point.

I'm happy if we don't get the next installment if anything happens, the first two hold a special place for me growing up playing them on my Dreamcast.

So far this has been an amazing roller coaster ride for all of us.

Fair enough. I completely understand. Like I said before, its just a matter of opinion and whether or not we want to keep the mystery of the series or watch what happens.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:14 pm

BlueMue wrote:
bikingjehuty wrote: "oh, yeah I want Shenmue 3, but won't support it unless they announce a physical PS4 version."

When was this actually said here in the forums? I haven't seen this once yet, though I can't keep up with reading every single post here of course. I generally haven't seen that many negative comments around here...

I haven't seen it here, but it is (or was) rife on the Kickstarter comment section.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby bikingjehuty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
BlueMue wrote:

I haven't seen it here, but it is (or was) rife on the Kickstarter comment section.

This. Have not seen it on here, but on the KS comments and just about every video game forum I've visited since the announcement.
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:23 pm

Its an odd predicament. For older retro games I wanted physical copies, but I have 200+ games on steam that I couldn't care less about having the box.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III