Kickstarter Update #13 - Budget and Funding Statement

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki makes statement on funding & budget on KS upda

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:57 pm

fumega wrote:
JaySw34 wrote: I believe it's still entirely possible for us to reach that 10 mil mark

Why do you say that? What kind of data are you using to back that up? In no way or form the $10M USD mark will be met on Kickstarter. If Shenmue III reaches $5M USD (that I don't think it will), it will be almost perfect.

Just to give you an idea, the Kicktraq projections (and Kicktraq is usually right from day 9 onward) --> http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ysnet/ ... projection

Although the $10 mil is a big of a stretch, let's see if the community taking things into their own hands will make a difference towards changing the projection numbers, like the $30 on the 3rd marathon donation. And I'm starting to see Yu Suzuki and his "Awesome Japan team" trying to step up their game and change their passive stance.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Kickstarter Update #13 - Budget and Funding Statement

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:07 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: https://twitter.com/futterish/status/614116911127883776

There's the guy who wrote the Game Informer article. He's gloating.

I'm reading through his profile and he's acting like he's the fucking Woodward and Bernstein of video game journalism

Michael Futter ‏@Futterish 4h4 hours ago
It’s ok this time, because it’s a game you want. But what about next time? Backers need to ask the hard questions and expect answers.
0 retweets 1 favorite

Michael Futter ‏@Futterish 4h4 hours ago
I admire the passion of Shenmue fans, but saying “I don’t need or want to know, just make the game” is an abdication of your rights.
Spare me the tears.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Previous

Return to Shenmue III