Auctions for Shenmue

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Auctions for Shenmue

Postby Phong » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:28 am

Are you selling anything to raise some extra cash for the kickstarter? I explored this in another thread as an idea to help those who wanted to use PayPal, but really it's a good idea on its own, because I think there are people who want to donate more to the kickstarter but aren't because they don't like the rewards. For example, I might be donating the $500 level right now but I'm simply not interested in the capsule toy collection. Nevertheless I would be willing to donate more if I had some extra money and at the same time I think there are people who want to donate to the kickstarter but still want to get a reward they like.

Basically, by selling each other things to raise money for the kickstarter, we can set our own rewards, especially if we are selling Shenmue-related items! It's an interesting concept, huh?
Phong
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Auctions for Shenmue

Postby NismoZZzz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:41 am

Maybe have a forum section for selling any items of any sorts on the boards? Most forums have this.

I do agree on the capsule collection comment though. I am still trying to justify $200 for 3 more capsule toys. Here's hoping to the update of more rewards.

NismoZZzz has received a thanks from: Phong
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 am

Yeah, the 200 for 3 toys is just a big stretch. Hopefully the mirrors will be near that and not 2000 bucks or something.

I'm on 700 bucks for the 500 tier (mostly to show they need more tiers), I want to give some more but the tiers are so weird. Like it's far better to pledge 3 times 175 or 4 times 120, and get more "rewarded".
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:09 am

I'm personally happy with the $500 tier I originally pledged for, unless the Mirror replica's are eventually offered then I will work out a way to up it to the required amount - can't see them being $500 somehow . Even if it means taking out a loan with my bank :P In the mean time, I'm increasing the amount whenever I can. I am at $630 right now, but I am selling stuff on Ebay that I no longer need. Anything I make from them is going straight to the Kickstarter.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Phong » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 am

Sonoshee wrote: I'm personally happy with the $500 tier I originally pledged for, unless the Mirror replica's are eventually offered then I will work out a way to up it to the required amount - can't see them being $500 somehow . Even if it means taking out a loan with my bank :P In the mean time, I'm increasing the amount whenever I can. I am at $630 right now, but I am selling stuff on Ebay that I no longer need. Anything I make from them is going straight to the Kickstarter.

Would you like to promote your listings?

I think this could be a great thing for Shenmue fans to get together and support each other on. It could even make some news.
Phong

Postby scroeffie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:12 pm

iam selling my ps3 with cobra ode and 2 tb hdd
a original xbox x3cp 250gb hdd coinops
a original xbox clear case smartxx with lcd and led kit 250gb hdd visionary
wiiu games
a new motor jacket
dreamcast games

all the money wil go to kickstarter \:D/ \:D/

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/spelcompute ... mympSeller

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/motoren/kle ... mympSeller

scroeffie
Asia Travel Representative

Postby redline » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:22 pm

yeah, im gonna try on ebay.

i do a little painting so going to try an knock up a few paintings to raise some money.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Thinking about selling my copy of Panzar Dragoon Saga
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby myshtuff » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:53 pm

Got a Philips sound bar and sub woofer system for sale if anyone is interested. :3
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ElephantStone » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:56 pm

I have been thinking about selling off my sealed PAL copies of Shenmue and Shenmue II, as well as my sealed Japanese copies, and dumping it all into the kickstarter. I'm thinking it would at least it would be poetic, right?
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:01 pm

^ It sure sounds poignant. Well, their value is at their highest right now so you'll sure get a good price for them.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby combat_rock » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:40 pm

shredingskin wrote: Yeah, the 200 for 3 toys is just a big stretch. Hopefully the mirrors will be near that and not 2000 bucks or something.

I'm on 700 bucks for the 500 tier (mostly to show they need more tiers), I want to give some more but the tiers are so weird. Like it's far better to pledge 3 times 175 or 4 times 120, and get more "rewarded".

My guess is that they're hoping a full set of the capsule toys will become a collector's item, as not many people will have all four. Not that I've got the kind of scratch to go for it anyway, but they still need to add more rewards between the 500 and 3000 tiers. Something in the 700 to 1000 range, and something in the 1500 to 2000 range.

Anyway, I get by on my base wages so I've been putting in some overtime and adding some of that to my contribution. Trying to get up to that $300 tier.

combat_rock has received a thanks from: Phong
combat_rock

Postby elmatto » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:58 pm

I've thought about selling some art like that guy did with the tshirt, and then using what little profits I earn to put into the kickstarter. But I dunno lol.
elmatto

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:18 pm

I have an extensive collection of cables, some computer parts and a few broken Xbox 360s if anyone's interested. I also make the best strawberry milkshakes in the world and am willing to sell you one for £100 (totally worth it, trust me)

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Phong
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:39 am

Selling off most of my Dreamcast collection (including a sealed copy of NTSC-J Shenmue, though I'll never sell my PAL copies or my original NTSC-US Shenmue :P ), hopefully there are more PayPal options before Xmas and I can put the money towards that:

http://imgur.com/a/A2HR2

Here's my eBay user profile if you want to see feedback, will put it up on there if there's no offers here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/amirmoosavi

Made a post on reddit with more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... in_london/
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Return to Shenmue III