5 m is not enough

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

5 m is not enough

Postby ritsuka666 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:46 am

Yu already say they need 10 millions for open world game. considering this is Shenmue and it was presented live at e3, backers number is very low...IMO.
ritsuka666
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Steam: ritsuka66661

Re: 5 m is not enough

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:53 am

They didn't exactly say they needed $10M for an open world game. They said something along the lines of "a much larger open world". It could mean that only 10M would be open world or it could mean we're OK at less, but at 10M it would be much larger in size and scope (maybe 10M is more comparable to Shenmue 2 and less would be more comparable to Shenmue 1 - I don't think we really know yet).

Yu did also say that even if the Stretch Goals aren't reached, that Shenmue 3 will already be a sequel true to its name and a game the fans will be proud of, so let's try and have some faith I guess.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 am

At this point, it doesn't have to reach $10M, but the closest it is to $10M, the better. So we need to push the KS to it's limits.

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: Reprise
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 am

For Christ's sake, could you please wait for the Kickstarter to finish, first? No offence here, but the panicking over here is starting to go over the top. Pour into the KS as much as you can, wait for it to finish. Await Ys Net's statement on it.

If, after July 18 you should still think we have made too little money, I reckon you will be warmly welcome to make your monthly contribution to Ys Net via Paypal.

Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:01 am

Well said guys.

Reprise has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ConanTheKing » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:03 am

Reprise wrote: They didn't exactly say they needed $10M for an open world game. They said something along the lines of "a much larger open world". It could mean that only 10M would be open world or it could mean we're OK at less, but at 10M it would be much larger in size and scope (maybe 10M is more comparable to Shenmue 2 and less would be more comparable to Shenmue 1 - I don't think we really know yet).

Yu did also say that even if the Stretch Goals aren't reached, that Shenmue 3 will already be a sequel true to its name and a game the fans will be proud of, so let's try and have some faith I guess.

That's probably it. As far as I am aware, Shenmue 3 has one village but if Yu gets enough money then two more will be added. I guess, at $5 million or less this game is like Shenmue 1 with just Dobuita, while at $10 million it becomes like Shenmue 2 which had the port town, Kowloon and Guilin.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Ruffles » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:09 am

Neither Shenmue nor Shenmue II were truly open world games in modern terms. You could really explore a lot, but it wasn't possible to take the car or the bike and go where ever you wanted. I don't think this is what I want from Shenmue III. I want the mini games, I want the character development, the beautiful environments and... just the story to continue.
Ruffles
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:19 am

ConanTheKing wrote:
That's probably it. As far as I am aware, Shenmue 3 has one village but if Yu gets enough money then two more will be added. I guess, at $5 million or less this game is like Shenmue 1 with just Dobuita, while at $10 million it becomes like Shenmue 2 which had the port town, Kowloon and Guilin.

Personally, I hope it's somewhere between the two in terms of size. I think Shenmue 2 was a little too big and I missed the immense attention to detail the first game had, but that said, I did appreciate the larger scope Shenmue 2 had and the fact it picked up the pace a little and broadened the game's story. I wouldn't mind too much if it's smaller like Shenmue 1 though.

Ruffles wrote: Neither Shenmue nor Shenmue II were truly open world games in modern terms. You could really explore a lot, but it wasn't possible to take the car or the bike and go where ever you wanted. I don't think this is what I want from Shenmue III. I want the mini games, I want the character development, the beautiful environments and... just the story to continue.

Another good point. Maybe $10M will make it closer in style to a more modern open world game (I'm not saying it will be like GTA or Skyrim, so don't misunderstand me there). Maybe with its current funding level, the game will still be sufficient in size and openness to compare to the first two Shenmue games.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby JohnBlack » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:19 am

ritsuka666 wrote: Yu already say they need 10 millions for open world game. considering this is Shenmue and it was presented live at e3, backers number is very low...IMO.

Numbers are really great. Bloodstained made 5.5m dollars and Castlevania on different level in terms of fanbase. Everyone knows about Castlevania, but Shenmue is not so famous.
JohnBlack

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:22 am

JohnBlack wrote:
ritsuka666 wrote: Yu already say they need 10 millions for open world game. considering this is Shenmue and it was presented live at e3, backers number is very low...IMO.

Numbers are really great. Bloodstained made 5.5m dollars and how can you compare Castlevania and Shenmue in terms of fans?

Exactly. Castlevania is much bigger franchise, with a far broader audience reach. I don't know why people are constantly comparing the two campaigns.

If you think Shenmue 3 is going to have more support than a new Castlevania game, I have baaaaad news for you...
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby KidMarine » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:43 am

If it's comparable in size to the first two games that's great. I'd much rather have that than a GTA sized game.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby spinksy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:53 am

Another thread about this....seriously....

threads like this should be locked! ](*,)

spinksy has received 2 thanks from: Hyo Razuki, NismoZZzz
spinksy

XBL: spinksy777
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby wataro » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:58 am

how much game yo want in yo game?
hopefully with paypal and DLC we can make it !
im guessing 10million is all 3 areas

wataro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Himuro » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:06 pm

ConanTheKing wrote:
Reprise wrote: They didn't exactly say they needed $10M for an open world game. They said something along the lines of "a much larger open world". It could mean that only 10M would be open world or it could mean we're OK at less, but at 10M it would be much larger in size and scope (maybe 10M is more comparable to Shenmue 2 and less would be more comparable to Shenmue 1 - I don't think we really know yet).

Huh? Pretty Baisha and Choobu are in the game no matter what but the stretch goals are for added extra to make the towns more detailed with more to do.

Himuro has received 2 thanks from: Miles Prower, SheepheadCG
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:43 pm

JohnBlack wrote:

Numbers are really great. Bloodstained made 5.5m dollars and Castlevania on different level in terms of fanbase. Everyone knows about Castlevania, but Shenmue is not so famous.

We will definitely surpass Mega Man (Mighty No. 9) whcih probably also has more fans than Shenmue. Even though Castlevania is a bigger franchise than Shenmue we might still beat it. That being said, even if we should not beat Bloodstained, let alone hit 10 million, Kickstarter is only the beginning of Shenmue 3 as a project.

By the way: I never got this Castlevania thing though. Played it a lot on SNES as a little kid in the 90s when I went to my firends' places but I never owned a Castlevania game myself. I've always been a huge fan of Mega Man, Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden and also liked games like Metroid, Ristar and even Pitfall a lot but Castlevania? I don't know... :oops: Not hating on Castlevania though. Just my taste, I guess.

One last thing: I strongly agree with spinksy on this one. The mods should really close down threads like this one till after the KS. We all should be focused on getting the KS as high as we can at the moment but discussing numbers here over and over again is not gonna help us.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue III