How much will you sacrifice to get Shenmue 3 to $10,000,000

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: How much will you sacrifice to get Shenmue 3 to $10,000

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Phong wrote: This came at a bad time for me as well. I just made two large purchases, a car and a piece of production equipment.

I will be selling everything I can—games, software, movies, DVDs, Blu-Ray, memorabilia, old game magazines, everything I can reasonably say to myself that I don't need, use regularly, or intend to use in the foreseeable future, and buy again if I want to someday. I'll only have one chance to help fund Shenmue 3. I've been waiting for this chance for half my life and had all but completely given up on it.

I will also go into some debt, which is okay because I don't have any debt and have very good credit. I can take one of those zero-interest-for-a-year offers that I keep getting to an extent where I can pay it back in less than six months.

I'll go on a diet and stop eating so much take out and convenience store food (although I'll miss the Tomato Mart). I can save hundreds of dollars a month doing that. It'll be hard, because I do love my Tomato, but I'll do everything I can.

I'm still trying to think of what else I can do…

Dude, that is so true. If you really do that you an be a bit healthier to cut out the addictions and be a part of something you really love. It can be a huge motivation and I hope you can do it =D>
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby NismoZZzz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:56 am

I'm waiting to see the next reward tiers to up my total. I don't have a number in mind but of course I have responsibilities that take precedence. I have a couple credit cards with $0 balance and check offers for 0% APR for 18 months so if anything I'll put it on there if its something I want like being an NPC or replica mirrors.

Otherwise I will donate monthly via PayPal if they set that up as well automatically around $50 a month.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Thief » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:08 am

Actually came at a pretty good time for me, I had just got through selling a bunch of video-games and actually had some extra cash for once.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:12 am

All of which were stolen, obviously.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Weils » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:12 am

I have donated to mid tier rewards, unfortunately it looks like I have overspent my money this month. I will be joining in the $30 on the 3rd as well, but next month will be time to restrict myself to basic necessities.
Weils
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Bayonetta 1+2

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:14 am

I wouldn't sell my NES/SNES collection if you put a gun to my head.

More power to you though, I guess.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby bikingjehuty » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:18 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote: I wouldn't sell my NES/SNES collection if you put a gun to my head.

More power to you though, I guess.

I love them both, but out of all the consoles I own they are among my least favorite to collect for in terms of the games on the consoles. I am very attached to my 5th and 6th generation game collection and will likely not be touching any of those, although anything is possible with how badly I want to help in funding this game.
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:26 am

The Good: I'm getting a bonus the week before the KS ends.
The Bad: The Kickstarter is sandwiched between a bachelor party and wedding, which both require travel. Plus I have to rent a tux for the wedding (I'm in the wedding party).

Other than that, I can't really go too much higher in my pledge without it being insanely irresponsible. Only if the Phoenix Mirror replica tier is like $300-$500.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Previous

Return to Shenmue III