Kickstarter Update #15 - The Plan & Stretch Goals revealed.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 - All stretch goals announced.....

Postby code l name » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Image shamlessly stoln from GAF

code l name has received a thanks from: Amir
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:00 pm

Hopefully (I'm using this word on every post lol) this is just an estimate, for example doing a ragdoll in UE4 it's not that hard (not hard at all really).

Some are game systems, some are locations expanded, some are "subquests", but some seem like interesting storypoints.

FUCK we have to make it somehow.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:04 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
Tomato Convenience Store wrote: I'm thinking the fighting system tier at $7-7.5M would be a good goal to aim for, since it's related to core gameplay. Most everything else is content.

Yes, but since this is shenmue there are a large percentage of fans that actually enjoy the content of the game more than any of the battling. Even though it would be nice to get better hit detection and fighting in the game. I honestly hope he can muster up 20 million to really flesh out the dreams we have.

I say, we have to push for the job tier (the forklift is a nice push piece) and even though it may not be a forklift job that's fine.

It seems our voices have been heard and actually did some work. If any of you have some good ideas, please visit my twitch question thread and I will have to edit a few things for what has come forth already.

Yeah but it's easier for content to be added post-launch, while it's harder to update global core systems. While not "ideal", the content could be possible DLC, an episodic release, or free post-launch update (or just never in the game). It also seems like a realistic goal, given the pace of the kickstarter. Obviously I would want "everything" and I want the games budget to reach $500M, but every game has cut content (even Shenmue I and II), so I just think that's the safest expectation for my sanity, haha.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:06 pm

Well, that is why I'm hoping they include actual worth while budget updates and allow for funding beyond the KS. It would be nice to shoot for all the goals over a year and a half and I think the most hardcore fans could work on that as long as they allow us to see a counter and see how it goes somehow.

Also, if any of you can. Can anyone list a daily pledge total? I can't seem to find any recent data myself.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:08 pm

MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:09 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote: Well, that is why I'm hoping they include actual worth while budget updates and allow for funding beyond the KS. It would be nice to shoot for all the goals over a year and a half and I think the most hardcore fans could work on that as long as they allow us to see a counter and see how it goes somehow.

Also, if any of you can. Can anyone list a daily pledge total? I can't seem to find any recent data myself.

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ysnet ... hart-daily

Today, in about 1 hour, reached the entire amount pledged all of yesterday!
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby bikingjehuty » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:10 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote: Well, that is why I'm hoping they include actual worth while budget updates and allow for funding beyond the KS. It would be nice to shoot for all the goals over a year and a half and I think the most hardcore fans could work on that as long as they allow us to see a counter and see how it goes somehow.

I've been tracking it on my own and we've been netting under 30k a day for the past 3-days. This is nothing to worry about since all KS campaign slump during the middle 25-days or so. I expect it will pick back up significantly once they add new funding tiers.
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:21 pm

Isn't... a troll ?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:23 pm

Thanks guys, now is there something we can do to make a push for the twitch chat and funding? Hope somene can organize a big plan we can all get behind.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Kickstarter Update #15 The Plan

Postby Anonymous81 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Fortune favors the bold! Is this a hell of a stretch goal? Yes. Do I believe it's at least POSSIBLE we can achieve it? YES! I do. I will continue doing my little part, for whatever it's worth, day in and day out. I will donate what I can, post everywhere, talk to people, do outreach, whatever I can!

Most importantly, we need to keep our eye on the prize. Not get distracted by trolls, worrying about whether the campaign is perfectly ideal or not, etc. The campaign can be tweaked over time. We can't cry over spilled milk when something isn't perfect. Time is of the essence, and we have to focus on remaining driven and getting the word out, at least in my opinion.

I am proud, and privileged to be in this with all of you from where I sit. Peace. Until tomorrow, when we start all over again!

Anonymous81 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:32 pm

Tomato Convenience Store wrote:

Hey tomato, can I get some clarification on this? You mean it went up over 20,000 in one hour today? What are the numbers and when did this happen, I feel I didn't notice it.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Kickstarter Update #15 The Plan

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:33 pm

Did YSnet really overestimated the community size before the kickstarter launch ?

So in their opinion, Brazilian community can do a better boost than Chinese that seem only interested in MMO ?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Same. I still see the same, and I'm kinda looking every 30 min
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:39 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
Tomato Convenience Store wrote:

Hey tomato, can I get some clarification on this? You mean it went up over 20,000 in one hour today? What are the numbers and when did this happen, I feel I didn't notice it.

Maybe I read this wrong, but I was assuming that pledges went up quickly once the new stretch goals were announced.

The kickstarter went up around 7pm (PST) at E3 (right now it's around 8:30), so I thought that this was the time when the "new day" begins (and this was the time the update with the new stretch goals came out). Honestly, I haven't been tracking the numbers manually, but I thought I remembered that two days ago was $31k, yesterday was $25k, and then today's total went up $25k so far. It's very possible I counted wrong.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:43 pm

Most likely I fucked up.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III